AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. gijs007

gijs007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire R9 290
    Windows 8.1 64bit, file download matched. I've even tried with the auto install utility but still no success..
    Did a normal uninstall > reboot > uninstall with driver sweeper > reboot safe mode > DDU clean and reboot > reboot again > install 8.1 64 bit drivers..
    What do my creative drivers have to do with this? :3eyes:

Issue with civilization has been fixed, figured out how to activate the virtual super resolution.
    It's under my digital displays and then enable GPU down scaling.

I'll try a creative driver update, hopefully that fixes my youtube issue.
    Still a shame that the video options are not enabled for a 290, but are for a 285..

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  2. UsuarioSP2

UsuarioSP2 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon M270x
    Does this driver support fixed switching mode?

3. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
  4. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    theyve been known to screw up video cards in the past...

it matches this file?

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-omega-14.12-with-dotnet45-win8.1-64bit.exe

5. NinoBass92

NinoBass92 New Member

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 8850m
    So i installed the new drivers from AMD. Then i wanted to test them i used FurMark and Cinebench and everything was great. Then i wanted to test them on a game. Everything was out of sync and at the start there was Red Lines all over the screen . I managed to go continue but then i got flickering and on the map was nothing

6. gijs007

gijs007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire R9 290
    Yes, except it did the one without dotnet 4.5.
    Before that I tried that exact file, but decided to use the auto tool on my third pass in case it made a difference.

Anyway seems like I overlooked the GPU scaling option earlier, and since the video options are not supported for my 290.. I guess the driver is installed properly.
    I'll try updating my creative drivers to see if the youtube issue is fixed then.

Update: Nope youtube with hw acceleration is still broken :bang:
    Guess I'll just disable it.

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Gah, i forgot about these, ive just put the 14.9 WHQLs back on, as been re-installing everything, as put my x99 rig together yesterday :D

*goes to download :p

8. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    or maybe it will get support like nvidia did with their older cards. And tbh there is gedosato it is much more superior to dsr and vsr

9. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    i have to say flash is really awful in chrome so i a using html 5 for all videos

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Driver installed fine, I downloaded W8.1 64bit version of AMD site as people have mentioned G3D links being older or different versions.

The installation went perfectly fine, however, upon reboot when right clicking anywhere on the desktop to bring the drop down menu AMD Catalyst Software Suite is missing!???

I had to search in Start Menu to load it up (as I disable CCC from loading at startup)

I have to do this because I have to set my overscan options for 1080p on my screen otherwise it will display in a black box on my screen.

EDIT:

See in screenshot its missing? Anyone else got this?

[​IMG]

11. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
  12. Bose321

Bose321 Member

GPU:
    HD6950 w. AC III heatsink
    Yes. Good drivers. After installing these drivers I now have six GPU's installed.

[​IMG]

13. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    AMD gave away to you few more gpus for free by just driver update, you should be happy :D

I remember that my radeon x300se have being detected as two gpus. I would need to do a little research on it why.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Fixed my issue of not having the AMD CCC link in drop down box after right clicking on desktop.

Uninstalled drivers through Control Panel using AMD's Install Manager, then rebooted into safe mode used latest DDU, rebooted into normal mode and reinstalled these drivers.

Its back now, I think something went wrong when extracting the drivers from the main downloaded file. As in C:/AMD folder all I spotted was a lot of weird folder names where the only folder that should be in there should be 14.12 driver.

Something went wrong somewhere. I also used burfs C++ installer once I rebooted from safe mode so on a CLEAN BOOT no program loaded I let it uninstall and reinstall all C++ files. Then once driver had extracted I went into C:AMD folder and deleted the apps DotNet45, Raptr, and both C++ folders and these are older C++ files and I already have .net4.5 installed with latest updates and I don't use Raptr.

15. tigermoth

tigermoth Banned

GPU:
    2x r9 290 amd cards
    I had to remove 2nd 290 to install these.
    It did not like the fact I had 2 cards in.
    Then after install I refit 2nd card.
    works fine now.

16. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Anymore deliberate trolling/flaming will get an infraction.

It's simple really, chap reasonably and sensibly about the driver release or look like a douchebag and get infractions or a ban.

17. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Content removed because trolling and insulting other users is tolerated for some people in this forum. I do not stay in places where such behaviour is tolerated and everything I did in such places is removed.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  18. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    You beat me too it! :p

Anyone try Dragon age Inquisition with these yet?

19. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Sapphire Tri-x
    AMDMatt, any idea if they are going to add what i post below, to other cards? (290, 290x, etc)
    "1080P Detail Enhancement
    This feature improves the sharpness and clarity of compressed and low resolution content when it’s played on a
    1080P display. The AMD Catalyst Omega driver brings this existing feature to AMD APU products.

AMD APU: AMD 7x00 A-Series APU
    AMD GPU: AMD Radeon R9 285
    Any supported video player
    Low resolution, compressed video content"

Sorry for my english

20. tigermoth

tigermoth Banned

GPU:
    2x r9 290 amd cards