AMD Catalyst 14.11.2 BETA (14.301.1013.0 November 17)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 18, 2014.

1. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    check your monitors manual and make sure your native resolution and aspect is what you think it is, you may be misinformed.

I one time swore i ordered a 16:9 1080p monitor and it turned out to be a 16:10 1050p.

2. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX2080Ti
    It's BenQ GW2760HS, I'm quite certain it's 1920x1080. Also it happens only with some DX10/11, not all of them or DX9 games (if the DX9 actually starts now, hehe)

3. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    id check video settings in the game then, it may not be detecting the res correctly.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  4. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    That Dice dude has no clue - yes, obviously a Nvidia issue that guy is reporting. And I thought Nvidia never got or had any problems.

And see how that Dicer is trying to put blame on AMD for the memory leak (which happens for mantle in crossfire )? There WAS a memory leak for AMD crossfire setups running Mantle (DX was fine though). It was introduced by DICE in the July 8 game patch. Their fault, and they denied any responsibility. AMD found out where it (bf4) was going wrong and supplied info to DICE. That final stand DL included the fix (not that DICE have acknowledged a fix cause that would admit fault in first place).

Anyway. Crz, your crossfire with Mantle will be fine again once you get the final stand DL or Dice do a game patch with fix for non final stand owners.

5. crz

crz Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    I have read some reports on CTE BattleLog that it is not 100% fixed. I did not have the chance to play more than 3-4 rounds in a row (dedicated my gaming time to DA:I, FC4 probably next - Final Stand had the unfortunate release on the same date as this two games) and yes, since Final Stand was released two weeks ago it runs awesome, FPS locked at 90 fps rock solid without the sometimes abysmall drops in DX11. The Final Stand release was actually preceded by a patch earlier that day (18th Nov) that should have the actual game fixes, the DLC just downloads the maps so everybody, DLC owners or not, should already have the fix.

The ultimate test would be some 1-2 hours on the same server playing either rush or conquest with standard amount of tickets so the maps rotate faster. The idea is to have the game executable running non-stop for as many as possible different maps as the leak seems to occur on level change.

6. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    So any news on new drivers?

7. frizzl

frizzl Member

GPU:
    Crossfire 280x
    I have had issues with the same - only solution was to turn off framepacing.

Let me know if you have the same luck :(

8. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Yeh the mantle bf4 crossfire leak is 'fixed' on the 290 series anyway.. played many 3+ hr sessions on 1000+ ticket 64p maps with no issue.

That said i see drivers had fixes for rome 2 total war.. picked this game up on black friday sales.. it runs terrible in crossfire with these drivers? like the worst stutter ive seen ever in crossfire!

9. ravaged

ravaged Member Guru

GPU:
    G1 970 SLI
    yeah, the lack of driver release to fix Inquisition or FC4's CFX pretty much settled it for me. literally the only two games i gave a **** about this winter and there you go... 970 in the mail and if it doesn't have coil whine i'll buy a second one on the spot.

10. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX2080Ti
    My issue seems to be worse than I thought, there are A LOT of games released before 2006 that crash now with atiumdva.dll. I sent a report, I hope it gets fixed; I know they are old games but there's no good reason why they shouldn't be supported anymore, Nvidia still plays well with games 1999 onwards.

11. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Yeah i've been an AMD\ATI graphics card user for 14 years.
    But now i'm dissapointed as to how thing's are going.
    The lack off downsampling in drivers, if i can do it with a reg hack they should be able to build it in to the driver.
    RP is getting older with the day and there will be no RP infinite or a good substitute.(Raptr bloatware is not even comparable!)
    Yeah the green side has there problems but driver releases are on point and they have a great software suite.

AMD step your game up!

12. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 GTX
    You selling those 270s?

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

So I guess we're blaming GPU manufacturers now when game companies (a well known spotty one at that) release games with poor optimizations? Alright. I forgot how excellent coders the people over at Ubisoft and EA were, and how crap my AMD GPU must be.

Also it seems like this thread is starting to head in the "dump on AMD, go green" direction again; I'll just break that combo :p and maybe throw a link to a more suitable place for that (yeah, who would of figured there was a general AMD discussion forum here), and may as well just throw the obligatory "I don't care about your general disappointment with company "X" on a thread that's for discussing something else, and how you're going to company "Y". Just do it and leave".

And as for something related to this driver; I had some weird behavior on my dual graphics laptop a few days ago. My laptop was acting overall sluggish, so I restarted, and kept getting a TDR BSoD at login. Disabled the dGPU, and booted into Windows. Re-enabled the dGPU, reinstalled the drivers, and all was well again; but I'm really not sure what caused that (this was the only time I've seen it in the two years or so I owned the laptop).

14. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    What s wrong with DA I? It is very smooth with Mantle. No crashes or memory leak :)

15. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    ditto. super smooth.

16. kevnb

kevnb Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    I used msi afterburner to up my max power draw to 120% on my 7950, things seem to work better now. Might help some other people as well, seems to be fairly common for amd users to have some throttling going on due to power draw... maybe a driver issue?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  17. jamek

jamek Banned

GPU:
    R9 270x Gaming
    To be honest, i've never had a problem such as (crash, power draw, BSOD, flickering...
    and i admit yhat AMD is more stable and advenced in comparison with NVIDIA; however AMD knew a poor and wikness in driver, fiw , apdate and game support i think due to so much products especialy (consols gpu and apu) instead of focusing on gpu software.
    in addition, like i said no a real agent to hears and answar the consumers (ManuelG is very active in NVIDIA section).

overall, AMD is on the road to loose its part of market like UBISOFT is doing.

18. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

...is this a driver discussion thread or a NVIDIA praise-bandwagon train thread?

I know what the title of this thread is, but the lack-of any moderation or anyone else questioning this is concerning.

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I just updated from 14.7 and now Far Cry 4 is stuttering a lot and freezing.

Editing the registry won't do anything. Only way to adjust TDP is in the bios.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  20. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I have been questioning that too. That is very suspicious at this point.