AMD Catalyst 14.11.2 BETA (14.301.1013.0 November 17)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 18, 2014.

1. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    user\Documents\Battlefield4\cache

2. cod6da

cod6da Member

GPU:
    powercolor rx 480 8gb
    The Mac Thanks!I will try today.

3. marktheshark

marktheshark New Member

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 280x 3GB
    I'm not, because I never heard of this and have no clue how to do this.

*******EDIT********

Deleted cash, testing now.
    Will update shortly.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  4. marktheshark

marktheshark New Member

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 280x 3GB
    *******EDIT2*******

This made both mantle and DirectX worse somehow......

5. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    These MantlePipelinecache files are Mantle only. They are created at initial first run using the current Mantle version. When you upgrade Mantle, starting the BF4 results in the new Mantle version loading game using the older version's Mantle cache files. This may cause corruption/incompatibilities. Best to delete them between Mantle version changes. They are recreated at new game start anyways so no harm done.

These have nothing to do with DX and I can't see how it made DX worse. Unless you are swapping APIs ( DX -> Mantle or Mantle -> DX) within game and NOT restarting game after accepting the change (- mistakenly thinking you have swapped API). API change doesn't take effect till after restart.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  6. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    correct, as the UI is using the current API, it must be restarted to switch.

7. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Don't have any of the games these latest drivers are optimized for but this is the first one in a while that lets my PC wake up out of sleep without having to do a hard reset, which is nice!

8. marktheshark

marktheshark New Member

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 280x 3GB
    This makes a lot of sense, and is what I would have expected.
    Its just not what happened.

9. Nailz ZA

Nailz ZA New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7770 OC VaporX
    Help for a noob

Hi guys,
    I went through the whole tread looking for answers. I've tried installing latest update, when installer gets to, "determining system config", the installer just shuts down:bang:...

Am I doing something wrong?? Downloaded DDU just now and will try again later.
    When starting BF4 it says my current driver version is 12.8, will running a clean install of this help?:confused:
    Should i have Mantle and Raptr(Gaming evolved), installed aswell or only Catalyst??

Thanks.

10. caleb59

caleb59 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X 8GB

11. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    What are your settings in game?

I still need to finish that great game.

12. caleb59

caleb59 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X 8GB
  13. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX-970
    Just found a bug with this driver. System is Win 8.1 x64 on an Asus G73Jh laptop with a Radeon 5870m.
    When I have IE open the GPU clock is raised from 405 to 500 Mhz, which is fine. But when I open a game now, the clock stays at 500. Once I close IE (even while running the game), the clock jumps to 700 (the correct 3d clock). Once I open IE again the clock goes down to 500.
    Not tested with other browsers, but I suspect the same issue.
    Not sure if that was also in previous driver version, but I remember to have had this issue in much older drivers from time to time.

So the solution, close all web browsers (and maybe other programs that cause the GPU clock to raise) when gaming.

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

This sounds like typical behavior whenever UVD clocks kick in. One way to test this would be to playback a video with a media player that uses DXVA (like MPC-HC, Pot Player, or VLC).

If it is because of media playback; then this affects all drivers (that support PowerPlay I think), and isn't really new to this driver.

15. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX-970
    One of my always open tabs is actually youtube.com with a video paused. I will do further tests this evening. If I find different behavior than what you describe, I'll post an update.

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Not sure if anyone reported on Windows 10 TP compatibility; but all seems well for me with this driver on build 9879.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Guild Wars 2 doesn't fullscreen at all, and a few other games seem to dislike vsync toggling while fullscreen.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
  17. Scout

Scout Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    sooo... when's far cry 4 crossfire profile available ? nice to buy a game and have it getting dust

18. ravaged

ravaged Member Guru

GPU:
    G1 970 SLI
    Monday at the earliest. It's Thanksgiving weekend and all. I wouldn't hold my breath for Monday either.

19. caleb59

caleb59 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X 8GB
    Random BSOD caused by atikmdag.sys file when I was watching .mp4 in MPC-HC 1.7.7 x64 (default automatic DXVA acceleration) - it looks like driver has some random issues with video acceleration?

For now I've returned to 14.9 WHQL and I hope this will help...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  20. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I have a 7850; haven't had any issue with video playback in MPC-HC (1.7.7.128 nightly x64) with DXVA.

I've been messing with trying to record games for the past week, and opened and played back a good amount of videos of various lengths and sizes.