AMD Catalyst 14.11.1 BETA (14.301.0.0 November 5)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by The Mac, Nov 10, 2014.

1. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Those drivers have massive problem for me, Clocks of the GPU stay at highest when IDLE for me, after playing or watching movies that use GPU HW decoding, or even browsing on web
    Only way to revert it is restart PC.

2. Kuss

Kuss Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire N 5700tx
    Any Game i play with this driver only uses %50 GPU and games stutter

3. jonson

jonson Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 980 SLI
    Then i would rather make a image snapshot of your OS and pull it everytime on the drive, each time you think you must reinstall your OS. This would be less time consuming then reinstalling the whole thing again.

Theres many free software for this though

4. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

GPU:
    The Chroma Subsampling issue with DVI-HDMI connections still isn't fixed with this driver, I still get 4:2:2 chroma subsampling, even if I choose RGB 4:4:4.

I'll be reporting this, YET AGAIN.

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

You shouldn't be using this driver with a 4890 (assuming your Guru3D specs are up-to-date). And if you're using this driver with such a card; you'd be better off reporting the issue on that thread.

6. computeur

computeur New Member

GPU:
    16 Go 2133Mhz
    Use it with Assassin's Creed Unity in Crossfire HD 7650 3Go or my other system (i5 2500K + 8Go 1833MHz + HD 7970 3Go) and I see nothing improvement
    I'm disappointed

7. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Can't make any custom game profiles with this driver.

8. plex

plex New Member

GPU:
    Single 7970 Ghz
    I have an AMD 7970 GHz card, is there a place i can go to see which drivers currently are the highest performance and most stable for my card? Or is it safe to assume the latest are always the best for my card?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  9. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Depends if you play any of the latest games.
    If you don't and want stability, go for the latest WHQL.

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Stability between beta and WHQL is debatable.

11. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    Your right ... but latest WHQL has been out for a while and are working correctly i believe.
    But enough people here that can chime in.

12. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    My god... This kind of mistake is so irritating... Especially when you mind that english grammar and orthography is nothing in comparison to polish and still people have problems with it, this is ridiculous and embarrassing, beyond my imagination.

Your right is my left...

I'm sorry for this little off-topic. About drivers now... anyone knows how to make catalyst/fglrx working on latest *ubuntu 14.10? To be specific i have lubuntu 14.10 amd64 installed on my desktop.

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Afaik, you can't on 14.10 since it uses xorg 1.16. There's a 14.8 package in Ubuntu's repo though, but that's about all you can use.

I "think" someone either on Arch or openSUSE managed to get a newer AMD driver on those distros, but I'm not sure what they did or anything (they could have downgraded xorg or modded some files).

14.04.1 uses xorg 1.15, which AMD's newest driver supports.

14. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    So there is a choice between two options: downgrade to 14.04 or wait for catalyst which will be compatible with xorg 1.16...

Option two is the way i go.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  15. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 G1 Gaming
    There is a more appropiate way of pointing out someones mistake then saying it's ridiculous and embarrassing.
    My english grammar and ortography may not be perfect but neither are your social skills.

16. Lord Lucifer

Lord Lucifer Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Titan X SLI
    is it cool to just update from my last driver (14.301...) or do I need to delete old driver then install this one??

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Always uninstall first.

18. jonson

jonson Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 980 SLI
    Solution finally found

EA DICE has done some Battlelog update yesterday. Now the workaround with the weaponchunks.sb for Mantle Crossfire Users dont work anymore without massive restriction.

Before the patch it was only a couple of soundeffects. Some premium textures and in vehicle sounds. it was playable.

Now you get server stutter, kicked out after every round, enemy disappear when engaging, weird sound lag and crackling, respawn without visible weapon.

or you have do deal with taskmanager killing every 15 minutes bf4.exe because it eats every memory you have. Also with the nice stats you get for abandoning every match. Fantastic.

I´am done with amd, mantle and this driver circus. Just ordered my new ASUS GTX 980. Have no spare time anymore to experiment with this crap, while other people playing without problems. This costs me more nerves then its worth it.

Have a nice day.

19. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    You should have waited for the next Client Patch.

They're (DICE LA) actually working on fixing this issue with AMD.

But hey!, enjoy that GTX 980, those are pretty badass cards.

20. crz

crz Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    AFAIK there is no confirmation that the bug is fixed. Anyway, in a few days the Final Stand client patch hits and also DA:I will be released so we'll see.