AMD Catalyst 14.1 BETA 1.6 (13.350.1005.0 January 31)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    To those that need it sure, but for those that need better 7000 support, it's more important to us!

2. Elite3540

Elite3540 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Let's say that we all need better support, not only for those who have 7xxx or something else.

Just improve it for all systems in overall.

(And no, I'm not only talking about Mantle but also about the average support aswell.)

3. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    since mantle leverages lousy cpus, i would think mobility would be a priority.

lol

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    To those that need it, indeed. :)

5. Firefox72

Firefox72 Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II
    Looks like Thief wont support Mantle at launch. Patch is coming sometime in March...

Guessing the next week AMD drivers wont support it either.

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I doubt AMD would drop Mantle support in the next beta driver...

But in any case, no driver is going to make software take advantage of Mantle if it's not coded to.

7. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti FE
    A shame they haven't tested it properly - that's the second game outta the gate without support for the next big thing, even though it was "promised".... bad, just bad :(

8. flow

flow Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    This driver just isn't cutting it. We have a 4670+290 tri-X and this driver gave frequent blue screens. The 13.12 whql are stable for this setup. Not the best ofcourse, but at least better.

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    Considering all the hype AMD has given to Mantle, the support for it is shameful.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    What an absolute crock Mantles turning out to be, the games to be patched months after their release, JUST LOL!

What happened to supporting it from the get go, more lies, well im not surprised tbh, as the whole BF4 Mantle has been lies from start to finish.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014

11. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Bunch of pessimists.

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    AMD hyped Mantle knowing they would sell a lot more graphic cards on the back of it. I'm not sure what BF4 Mantle is like with the R290, but with the 7950 it's horrible. We can only hope the driver next week will add better support for lesser cards, but I'm not holding my breath. As for Thief, they have no support at launch. Which is just laughable.

13. xacid0

xacid0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    What? Work fine with my 7950 but the average fps gain is miniscule with my quad cores. They will improve in next driver.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    For me BF4 will start stuttering after 30 minutes of playing. The only way to fix it is to revert back to Directx. The updated BF3 maps have FPS drops down to less than 10 FPS with big fire effects, particles.

15. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    Thats really odd..... no problems here with my 7950 since the latest BF4 patch

16. bwat47

bwat47 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah mantle is 100% usable for me on my 280x since the last bf4 patch. Only issues I have remaining with it is the fog/gamma bug (which is a known issue that should be fixed in next patch) and triple buffering being completely broken in mantle (which DICE or AMD hasn't commented on at all yet :/). I don't get any crashes when playing though and performance is significantly better across the board (and my min. fps on seige of shanghai is doubled with mantle).

17. bwat47

bwat47 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I beg to differ, I've got an intel quad (i5-2500) and got very significant gains in min fps with mantle:

DX11: http://s22.postimg.org/y0j8o86v3/Screenshot_Win32_0004.png [s12.postimg.org]

Mantle: http://s22.postimg.org/qlyi9ladb/Screenshot_Win32_0005.png [s23.postimg.org]

thats double the minimum FPS on seige of shanghai. I have similar gains on Hanai resort, both of those maps perform horribly in dx11 mode, always dropping to 40-50 fps by simply looking at certain parts of the map, regardless of video settings.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  18. Elite3540

Elite3540 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Nice, this could be any of the reasons why there was all this 'hyping' about it.

19. shredderman

shredderman Member

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390
    Do remember that Mantle is still in baby steps at this point, it's not surprising that they're going for trail and error it seems.

The drivers themselves for the new cards are new too, so there needs to be more bug reports and more driver issue reports going to both Dice and AMD, without that you have no optimizations, no proper driver support and you can't expect to complain about it unless they ignore us completely.

EA has a history of releasing unfinished games and they rushed Dice so that in question leaves us with a broken game that's possibly still in a half-beta, half finished state still. At this point in time I'm sure they're trying their best to overcome the issues at hand, the problem lies with your patients and understanding, of course your every input into the issue counts as quality control.

Overall we need to play our part by reporting all of the issues we see so that they can do their part in fixing them, as if it were early access (which EA doesn't get the concept of, I will admit).
    If only EA could- :puke2: Sorry, I said EA too much.

20. xacid0

xacid0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Maybe different system different gain, my min is around 60fps with DX11 and 64-65 with Mantle at Shanghai. Not at that angle though.

One thing i noticed is that the frame latency is much more smoother compare to DX11 after recent update.

I use 4c/8t Xeon E3-1230v2 btw.