AMD Catalyst 14.1 BETA 1.6 (13.350.1005.0 January 31)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I went back to 13.12 WHQL for now. Mantle runs great on my setup with Battlefield 4, but not worth the bugs (game crashes, quick freezes every few minutes, bad DirectX performance), I'll wait for a better polished Mantle drivers.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I had a very strange crash with these last night in Battlefield 4 under DirectX... the game sort of slowed down and became stuttery... it was like watching a slide show.

I alt+ctrl+delete and system froze... Hard reset was required.

For now I think I will also go back to 13.12.. It's not like Mantle actually functions correctly at the moment for BF4. Will wait for future release.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah just leave AMDs Overdrive disabled (the default setting), and use Afterburner, all i do now :)

4. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    could be a placebo, effect, but text is more sharp and defined when using 3440x1440 @60hz using displayport on aoc 21.9 aspect monitors.

and no microstuttering at all @ this res....

5. putino

putino Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon 8970M / 4gb
    More Mantle tests today

BF4 - Ultra Settings - Siege of Shangai 64 players

FPS
    Minimum: 1,52
    Maximum: 158,2
    Average: 88,7

GPU/CPU load

[​IMG]

FPS Graph

[​IMG]

This is about half of the match logged, because I crushed while entering in a tank as a gunner after almost 10 mins.

My configuration

6. MWisBest

MWisBest Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6620G+6750M
    Awesome!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Dual Graphics has worked for DX9 at all, ever, nor OpenGL. They just send the workload to the dGPU and the dGPU only for DX9 and OGL (and initially they didn't even do that for OGL, that took a few months).

7. MWisBest

MWisBest Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6620G+6750M
    Considering that they said BF4 wasn't going to have great improvements on GCN-1.0 GPUs nor on multiple-GPUs, not to mention that mobility isn't even officially supported at all, this is not a ****ing surprise.

8. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hmm i just noticed this.... does anyones graphics cards when idling on the desktop seem like there hotter in temps.... :eek: weird lol

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    check your core clocks

10. Skyy

Skyy Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070 DUAL
    Alright I will try that tomorrow, thanks! :) One thing I noticed though, my idle/2D clocks are stuck at 501mhz too, making the card run hotter than it needs to be. Reading a few responses here I assume that's not a isolated incident with these drivers? :/

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    what's your vram idle clock? are you running more than one monitor?

12. Skyy

Skyy Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070 DUAL
    My VRAM idle is 150mhz if I read that correctly though I found the culprit now. I rebooted and noticed that my GPU idle clock was initially 300mhz but soon hung at 501mhz again, tracing my steps I found out it was the Flash Player plugin of Firefox. Even if I have a paused video in a inactive tab my clocks hang at 501mhz. As soon as I end the Flash process it falls down to 300mhz like it should.

On top of that even after another clean install now applying the Overclocks with MSI Afterburner only didn't help, my card won't exceed 925mhz. Is it okay to make a new thread for my specific issue? As much as I like Mantle I feel like reverting to 13.11 soon :/

13. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Stay the course fearless guinea pigs...mantel will shower you with its overflowing generosity in due time. What you're experiencing now are the birth pangs of a new generation of graphical goodness.

[​IMG]

14. Skyy

Skyy Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070 DUAL
    I fixed it! :D As soon as I exited RadeonPro and disabled its service I reach 1100mhz again so I guess the program needs to be updated.

EDIT: It didn't fix my Flash issue though, oh well...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  15. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    On my AMD I get CPU cores 8 and Job Threads 4. In dx I get Job Threads 3.

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Image is too low res. So you may be referencing to old good volumetric fog or fact that it uses one more light source for light.

You may have seen very nice shadows on wood, but that we can't due to low resolution.

17. putino

putino Guest

GPU:
    Yes I know I'm really surprised to see how good it performed anyway. Still I'm done with Mantle tests for now, back to DirectX while waiting for more mature and stable drivers/patch.

18. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    \

How much this computer cost u ? brand, model.

19. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    So far, the only trouble I've experienced after installing the driver. Is VLC has a tendency to stutter at times doing a movie / clip or w/e. Not really an issue as Media Player Classic seems unafffected and I'll just be using that instead then.

20. putino

putino Guest

GPU:
    It's a Clevo P375SM. I bought it from a reseller here in Italy for about 3.2k euro, VAT included.