AMD Catalyst 14.1 BETA 1.6 (13.350.1005.0 January 31)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. win8-64

win8-64 Guest

GPU:
    Palit 1070 SuperJetStream
    Yes I have that problem too with these drivers. 13.12 does not have this issue.

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    reverting back to 13.30 beta as with these I am getting random freezing in other games. No driver crashes, just freezes. In Loadout I get a random crash after about five minutes in a game.

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    someone suggested to make sure to install as administrator or that will happen.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Same, going back to previous drivers, Metro LL freezes on menu screen, BF4 random freezing, FPS in DX games have dropped and mining has dropped from 880Kh/s to 360Kh/s

5. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    MadVR + crossfire were completely broken for me. 13.12 again...

6. win8-64

win8-64 Guest

GPU:
    Thanks but tried that and still the same result of needing to reboot the system to get performance back.

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    How about installing them and see for yourself?

8. win8-64

win8-64 Guest

GPU:
    Only about 150 marks lower (9650 vs 9800) with a single 290 so maybe crossfire broke in it.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol all the hype for the Mantle drivers for weeks and weeks, and people (including me) are already back on older drivers

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Back on 13.30 Beta and everything is working again, better FPS in DX games too

11. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    I doubt these will be out for WHQL for a long time, too many bugs. I had a major bf4 crash last night spun the card up to full speed. Had to force restart system. Scary ****.

Reverted my divers, will miss the awesome performance boost I'm getting.

12. Madcow_Ollie

Madcow_Ollie Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X Crossfire
    did a clean install. and still static noises :(

13. RiPLeY78

RiPLeY78 Guest

GPU:
    7660g+7670m / cf 6950 2gb
    Just for Dual Graphics users. Yes, this one finally have frame pacing enabled for dual graphics. It is good that we are at last there and amd's efforts have to be appreciated

But for now, it still needs a lot of work. Tested with 3dmark vantage, arkham city. They still stutter like hell. Nothing like before (specially 3dmark vantage), but still unusable. Both worked better just with discrete card.

14. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    Yes same here. There is still a lot of work to do, heck even some games like Battlefield 4 or Crysis 3 won't even use Dual Graphics. But Frame Pacing is still an improvement

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well they are just BETAs, and its the first for Mantle, so its bound to have bugs, needs time.

16. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    I'll be doing some testing with a couple of games I have installed on my system at the moment.
    I can tell you that Tomb Raider and Crysis 3 (singleplayer, I haven't tried mp yet) are both working flawlessly so far :)

EDIT: I have a question for you all since I think it's something worth looking into, when you guys are playing BF4 and use the console command "Render.DrawScreenInfo", what info do you get from there? With my i7 4770 and HT on it says CPU Cores 8 and Job Threads 4. If I disable HT on the BIOS, I get CPU Cores 4 (obviously) but Job Threads 3.
    Now I would like to know whether you all get the same and how about those of you with recent AMD 8 core-processors; does any of you get 8 Job Threads with Battlefield 4?

TIA!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  17. Skyy

Skyy Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070 DUAL
    Hi everyone I just registered here to be part of the whole Mantle fun!^^ Well that and ever since installing the Catalyst 14.1 Beta 6 drivers I'm unable to set a Overclock. Before this driver I was able to run my 7970 easily at 1100mhz Core Clock though having a clean install with DDU of 14.1 my Core Clock is stuck at the default 925mhz, no matter what :/

I can set 1100mhz in CCC and even MSI Afterburner shows the value at 1100mhz though looking at the graph, OSD Overlay and CCC's Overdrive section my card never goes beyond 925mhz anymore, be it in BF4, Splinter Cell Blacklist or any other 3D application.

I'm not sure if I should make a new thread for this but still thanks for any help in advance! :)

18. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Can you remove all your clocks, maybe clean reinstall drivers in the process, and reapply them in afterburner. Then it should be fixed. Don't use CCC for overclocking or anything, just AB.

19. Dexter_prog

Dexter_prog Member

GPU:
    HIS R9 270X IceQ X² turbo
    I tested on 3dmark, cinebench (crappy bench tool I have to say...) and Unigine Valley. No considerable differences between 13.12 and 14.11.

20. Skyy

Skyy Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070 DUAL
    Thanks for the fast reply! :) So you say I should disable AMD OverDrive in CCC, boot in safe-mode, use DDU, boot normally, install 14.1 again and then just straight use Afterburner to set my clocks? :eek: