AMD Catalyst 14.1 BETA 1.6 (13.350.1005.0 January 31)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. batu11

batu11 Member

GPU:
    amd radeon hd 7500/7600 s
    should i try installing it on toshiba laptop ? because toshiba have some errors while installing from somewhere else?

2. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Any issues with FPS drops after a few minutes as others with 79** series cards

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE

Yep looks like Crossfire is not kicking in properly. You should be getting WAAAAY higher averages then me with two of those cards and both overclocked too.

Check AB to see what GPU usage is like?

Not really, I saw fps spike down when there were TONS of units on screen to about 21fps which is a far cry away from the 8fps I saw it spike down to using DX!

The only thing is now BF4, I know my card is not fully supported yet. But it does give a nice boost and it feels a little better. Frame rates are up from around 50fps average in heavy battles to 89fps sometimes over 100fps.

However, not sure if this is a game bug but I get no sound in TDM games, and my mouse is COMPLETELY off. Aiming and shooting is fine but in the menus to select say for example "deploy" I have move the mouse cursor below the actual button to select it. Probably both game bugs.

I deleted my configsav file for BF4 and it fixed audio issue but now my stats have completely reset LOL

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    I can't wait, after seeing firsthand the FPS boost with Mantle vs. DirectX.

Guys, StarSwarm multi-GPU support patch is coming soon.

5. Kruse

Kruse Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    All of the talk is on Mantle BF4 performance, but how well do these drivers work in DX11 mode over the 13.12 drivers?

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    All this talk about Mantle. Well, that's what we were waiting for! D3D 11, pfft. lol.

7. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    yup, and if nothing goes wrong, and mantle is adopted by all developer, then it would make DX to be a thing of the past,

and might make MS realized how wrong they are by limiting new DX version to only new OS and their console.

8. Kruse

Kruse Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    Okay...thanks for answering my question.

Is there someone else around here with the maturity to answer a valid question?

9. edilsonj

edilsonj Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2060 S
    More about my tests:

MP Map Lancang Dam, 32 players - Ultra settings, VSYNC OFF

DirectX 11.1 mode:

FPS: 49 a 50 fps
    VRAM: 1501 MB max
    RAM: 4156 MB max
    Page File: 5798 MB
    CPU usage: 66 a 76%

Mantle mode:

FPS: 53 a 61 fps
    VRAM: 1665 MB max
    RAM: 4533 MB max
    Page File: 7152MB
    CPU usage: 89 a 94%

I restarted my PC every each API change, not only BF4.

More CPU usage and Page File usage!

Software: Afterburner 3 beta 18.

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Sorry, haven't tested any other games.

11. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    It's not a very accurate question. People have tried comparing the DirectX codepath to the Mantle codepath and haven't remarked that the DirectX version is now slower. On the contrary, I see reports of there being a little boost in performance on DirectX with the newest patch (user was Nvidia). Since all our systems are variable, missing out on this driver because someone tells you it reduced their FPS might cost you the opportunity of missing out on more FPS since you might not have the same issues he is facing.

All in all, try the driver yourself and tell us how it goes. Make sure to clean uninstall previous drivers first.

12. Kruse

Kruse Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    How is asking how these drivers compare to the 13.12 drivers in standard DX11 mode not "accurate"?

13. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Because you will get different answers making it meaningless. How many issues did you see happen to ALL users of a particular driver?

Just try the drivers and draw your own conclusions.

14. Kruse

Kruse Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    Sigh... :bang:

There are always questions about how drivers compare to previous releases. Of course results vary based on the number of different configurations, but there is often is a general consensus that can be helpful.

15. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

If I believed the general consensus, I'm pretty sure all of AMD's drivers would be pretty broken in every possible situation, and that I shouldn't update past either 12.11 or 13.6 :p

For example, plenty of people report switchable graphics being broken, meanwhile, my laptop worked fine with every driver. Some 7xxx owners reported broken vsync, meanwhile it was fine for me. Some people reported frequent GPU core clock changes with certain drivers, meanwhile, I haven't seen it in any.

General point being, I find it better off to just check for myself, instead of relying on other's what-could-be-broken setups (not saying everyone reporting issues has a broken setup, but how would I know?)

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    I'd rather you not show that attitude, to be honest. Just look at the driver threads and you'll see just how many are PEBKAC. For these drivers it is explicitly mentioned that you should uninstall previous drivers before installing these. Then you get some users that have horrendous issues with these drivers and they are labelled a disaster. Then, they uninstall then install and these issues go away.

General consensus will be hard with what you're asking, too. After one has tried BF4 Mantle, BF4 DirectX11 will appear more stuttery. Plus, almost nobody is extensively trying out DX11 to know.

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    isn't the guy just asking how the drivers are?

18. Kruse

Kruse Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    Pretty much. I don't know why these guys are going off on rants when drivers are usually compared to previous versions and discussed thoroughly (i.e. My frame rates increased a little or I noticed some shuttering, etc.).

So, all I'm trying to find out is if people have noticed any benefits with these drivers in DX11. Very simple.

19. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    well you are not in luck, because of mantle, everyone are focusing on trying mantle on BF4,

since i don't have nor want nor plan to buy BF4, i can't help you with that.

i got BF3 Premium + DLC for free from EA as an apology, and i didn't even touch the game.

20. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    After turn OFF/ON my system I have drastically reduced performance not only in Battlefield 4 but in every game that I try and to resolve that I have to restart my system. After restart everything is butter smooth. Everybody have this issue?