AMD Catalyst 14.1 BETA 1.6 (13.350.1005.0 January 31)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX5700XT MechOC
    Not the first times, but the last 3-4 tries I ran it in recommended safe mode yes indeedlydoo..

2. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Guys, dont know if its a bit off topic but as i have never had intalled team fortres 2 before Im not sure if this is a driver related issue...the thing is that i have just installed the game and noticed that gpu clocks are not stable, i mean lots of spikes and also in gpu usage...i have tested other games like bf4 and benches and work fine ( i have the card oc'd with a power tune level increased to +50 so no throtelling) ...is that normal for this game??

3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Is the GPU usage high enough to not have clock shifts? When I play osu! (really non-demanding game), my clocks usually sit at 400MHz I think, but sometimes go up to 950MHz.

Another thing could be flash videos. If the GPU clocks change during the server motd thing, they might have flash content showing, but idk.

4. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Thanks for the reply mate!...well, game is maxed out with 8x msaa and gpu usage is hovering in the 20% more or less with lots of spikes in both usage and clocks...so you mean that the game is so low in demanding that gpu clocks are not waking up??...could be that i think but only by setting msaa at 8x to what ever there shuldnt it be enough to raise clocks??? Dont know. Also, cpu usage is really low. Game runs well at 60fps with vsync but some times it seems to make a very small stutter here and there that i think could be due to the clocks not being stable...anyone with tf2 can confirm this behaviour? ( same thing for the game loadout)

5. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    With radeonpro you can check the setting that say something like always use high clocks for Overdrive and see if it makes a difference.

6. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    seems like starswarm dev is not to be trusted, no further contact from them for peoples that got grey screen when trying to ran the bench.

they only asked for dxdiag, and that's it, seems like they think that by asking for dxdiag = increasing level of trust.

7. fez

fez Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D Radeon 7870 2gb
    gray screen may be because of non quad core processor. Theyr system requirements say minimum quad core.

8. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    there are a lot of quad core cpu that got grey screen.

even a 3770k user.

9. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    example :
    that kinda proved that, this wasn't about the number of cores.

besides what do you think my cores number is ?

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    How is anyone supposed to know when you only have "AMD" as your CPU ?

[​IMG]

Sempron? Duron?

11. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    obviously i didn't mention it, because my pc is more than 1, and i said that because from the way fez wrote, he thinks that my core number is below 4.

12. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    (@sathyrion)

Da **** is DDU?

Remove drivers, boot into safe mode, use DriverSweeper + CCleaner to remove leftovers, boot into normal windows, install drivers. That should be all.

Hmm.. weird, have you tried downlocking your cards? That 750w should be enough. Not sure what else could cause it... check temps.. disable IGP.. stuff like that.

The only time I get a dx error in BF4 is when my oc is unstable. What corsair psu is that?

13. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    DDU = Display driver uninstaller, for now its the best uninstaller + cleaner for AMD & Nvidia GPU.

Edit : driver sweeper is old, and never updated.

14. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  15. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX5700XT MechOC
    Hi,

Nothing to do with mu PSU, runs fine with 13.12 driver CPU overclocked to 4.6ghz and both cards at 1100/1350. Also it happened on 1 card aswell.

I will do a fresh Windows 7 install today after work. Have win8.1 now, and going to check if the same problem goes for both OS. I'll post back with my findings.

Edit: 13min left of my workday.. The monday that never ends....

16. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V64 LC
    Removing "RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit" or setting this to 3, fixed shutter with Mantle for some people.

I got interesting results for mining:

Cat 13.12 801kH/s @1000/1400
    Cat 14.1 350kH/s @1000/1400
    Cat 14.1 840kH/s @920/1250

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    There is good chance, that BF4 Mantle implementation has either memory leak or running garbage collector every now and then. Causing that momentary micro freeze.

Another thing is vram utilization itself. Mantle may not at this point use all texture formats with compression, which may be source of stutter for some ppl with HD7870 as they try to run game on Ultra.

18. Extraordinary

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    AMD Feature Manager works with these drivers

[​IMG]

19. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Ok thanks i will try but anyway i think it must be the game as i have a very high power tune limit and bf4, bf3, crysis3, etc work fine so it might be those particular games...

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Anyone noticed in the CCC, Information > Hardware, where it lists yer card, it now shows what clocks yer running at, along with the Bandwidth @ those clocks, instead of just the full clocks + bandwidth all the time.

Got mine locked in Afterburner @ 515/625 for idle, so in there, its showing those clocks, and a bandwidth of only 160GBs, then when i switch to my full clocks profile in Afterburner, it then shows in there 1050/1250, 320GBs bandwidth, or is that normal for the 290s, as when i had my 7970, it always showed the stock clocks of 925/1375 (or whatever it was), no matter what clocks i had set (although wasn't using Afterburner then, just the CCC Overdrive).

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014