AMD Catalyst 13.x (12.105.3.0 April 24) Unofficial

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 26, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Scyphe

Scyphe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon 7950@1150/1700
    Originally mobile drivers perhaps with a specific mobile version of CCC...?

Anyway, manually updating the drivers worked just fine instead of using the install package.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Strange. I tried manually updating mine through device manager and point it to the extracted files in this release and windows simply wouldn't find the driver.

Did you point it to a specific file if so which one? Also does drivers enforcement signature need to be disabled when doing this as I am on Windows 7 and thought that driver signature only effected W8 users.

EDIT:

OK, this just got weird.

I installed the driver over the top of 13.5B2 I only installed the display driver and nothing else. So my CCC version is from 13.5B2 and it still does not load. Also, when the same error message appears Windows Explorer stops responding! Also Afterburner stops working too, and reports 0*c temp, 0% fan speed, 0% core clock speed. Will restart and see what happens, these drivers are seriously messed up for me. I have done nothing wrong with installing them, even going as far as completely cleaning out the old drivers and installing them from a fresh install and CCC simply does not work. Games work fine with the driver installed, its just CCC, and the fact that for me this driver simply does not work with any other version of CCC (13.4 and 13.5b2).

After restart Afterburner reports my GPU core clock to be 500MHz and my Memory clock to be 835MHz!?????WTF!??

When I did a clean install afterburner stated my GPU clock was 600MHz and my Memory clock was 450MHz...

I can reset the clocks easily in afterburner back to defaults and apply my overclock as well and it works fine. These drivers are very very weird for me. Frame rates are great though.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  3. The Creator

The Creator Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT LE
    CCC doesn't work on my 6990 too! :bang:

4. Hana88

Hana88 Member Guru

GPU:
    Ati radeon 7970@ 1100/145
    I just install the driver without ccc and it work perfect:banana:

5. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    Work fine installing right over beta5b2s

Crossfire 7950s.

CCC working fine aswell, all settings are there
    also cc has some optimizations in this build, not more black when scrolling down video settings
    also 3d settings are optimized no more scrolling down to set everything up. ;)

6. Grabber

Grabber Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 7850
    Max Payne 3 runs great now. :)

7. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    bad download?

8. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    It also runs GREAT with 13.5 B2. Just finished it last night.

9. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    Anyone has an idea why everytimes I uninstall the Ati drivers no matter if its the Ati uninstaller or from add/remove, I always have black screen and I need to turn off computer cause I can't see anything, then after restart, it reinstall the default standard Vga adapter, but it's annoying, I don't know what I did or what I changed because it wasn't like his.

Edit: and this drivers works good, no problem so far.

10. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    man that sites slow for me, 50kbps...

try dropbox http://db.tt/9ZAMX2C you can share from there and at least for me its very fast.

another option would be to setup btsync http://labs.bittorrent.com/experiments/sync.html

if you install that, you can share the folder you create with it, just post the secret and those who want the file can add it AND they will help share it, been testing this with some stuff with some friends, works great and is VERY easy, also if you drop a new version in the shared folder, bam we all get that and help host it to :)

11. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    could this be the 7990 test driver with the frame metering?

12. raysin

raysin Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 to 290X
    this is a pretty flawless driver imo, I've seen no issues so far.

13. Butcher1967

Butcher1967 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX960
  14. shankly1985

shankly1985 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Disable the IGPU in the BIOS. When you remove the GPU driver windows is trying to change to your IGPU from your CPU and failing to do so.

If you dont use virtu then its fine to just disable the Onboard display.

15. aungoun

aungoun New Member

GPU:
    AMD/7970M CrossfireX/2GB
    This is not support 7970mobility,
    People feed back that this is very good which is more smooth and gain fps than prievous driver.
    So, I wish to use this driver in my 7970m.

@asder00 could you mod for 7970m?
    I'm sorry for this asking.

16. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT

I do use lucid, Virtual Vsync is a must in Skyrim cause you can't cancel Vsync, so the game is much more better cause there is not delay, and I am playing it 3D so it should be worse without Virtual Vsync. but it wasn't like this before, maybe the new firmware changed something :X

17. shankly1985

shankly1985 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Why dont you install RadeonPro my friend? Its a must for any AMD user :D

18. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Pretty much. That software is just gold. Ensures a refined gaming experience.

19. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

It conflicts with another program that already refines my gaming experience (Evolve) :p. To be more specific; in most games, one or the other won't work properly (overlay won't work, or "half" of RadeonPro will only show).

My main interest in RadeonPro is only GPU stats, but I'd love for it to replace CCC even. But for now, I'll have to rely on Afterburner which works fine.

Edit: I know I'm not the person you were responding to, just giving some of my feedback :)

20. JACKAL HAWK

JACKAL HAWK Active Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD 6320 384mb
    hey asder00 missing options in the vision engine control center. it does not show 3d settings, triple buffering. how do I fix this.