AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA2 (13.200.11.0 August 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by sunn, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    I cant seem to create custom resolutions like I could in the older drivers anyone have a work around for this?

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It deletes even the chipset drivers. Besides that it does do it's job...

3. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz

guys i can confirm that rolling back this driver to some older version can cause problems (uninstalling all tru CMI,than installed older drv,restart=mmloader crash, ccc crash) so i installed this new over and all is working again(but bad bf3 performance)...didnt try the clean util but i suggest STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRIVER :)

4. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    how can you suggest that if you didn't clean properly? it's a nonsense... :3eyes:

5. grufferator

grufferator Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD7850 1G
    New driver on Windows Update for 8.1 RTM. Just update the driver via Device Manager. Looks like this is the one from the asrock website.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  6. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    you know because i never needed to do so on desktop card and win7...
    but it looks like this driver is not uninstalling properly , i will try to use amd clean :) and let you know..

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I never trust AMD drivers to uninstall properly (fully) :p Typically though, there's usually no problem.

I believe I noticed some "really" strange bug with my switchable graphics setup, but I'll need to check it out a bit further. Basically, games stuttered massively and were at low FPS, on the dGPU.

8. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    Interesting, I hadn't heard this. Is this verified? How do you know? Atiman's uninstaller always takes significantly longer than AMD's (I always do AMD's first, and then Atiman's after), and I can't imagine that it's strictly due to inefficiencies :)

Anyway, I'm interested how this is verified. I can't help but be a bit "distrusting" of AMD in the uninstalling/cleaning up department, given the long years of "messes" left in the wake :)

EDIT:

Oooh, unless you're perhaps speaking of the AMD Uninstall Utility (http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx), and not just the native driver/software package's built in uninstaller...?

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yes, the ATIman uninstaller uses the catalyst uninstaller in silent mode 1st, then does its own cleanup after.

10. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    So is "its own cleanup" more than what the AMD uninstaller can do? From what I gather from randalmcdaniels' statement above, he seems to suggest that using Atiman is redundant when compared with the native AMD uninstaller. But your mention of "its own cleanup after" seems to be additional thoroughness not found with AMD.

That's why it seems (to me, at least) that Atiman does a better, more deep/thorough job than just AMD's.

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    only insofar as it does the same thing that CUI does, then does more after.

It searches the reg and removes keys, and cleans up extra files, and respositories, then installs a placeholder driver.

all of the extra work is done in pre-desktop environment so there are no locked files...

12. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    if anyone is wondering if they should install these with a single 7950 do it! smoothhhhh and great iq as well. I am sure we will see some new whql drivers next month for bf4 and stuff

13. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    i used only amd clean up util to remove everything and it worked like charm on win7-64bit, now i succesfully installed older driver and its working like it should...
    good job amd, atleast i can uninstall your experiments :)

14. Bouzoo

Bouzoo Member

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon HD 4650
    Why can't I put this on my laptop, have radeon 5650, but can put the first Beta?