AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA (13.200.0.0 July 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    no probs here..

2. cowman

cowman Guest

micro stuttering

I am getting major micro stuttering on my 7970ghz edition after installing these drivers. I've never had this on any other driver before. I uninstalled and went back to 13.6 beta 2...

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Microstutter is more of a term that describes a multi-GPU phenomenon. In what games are you getting stutter?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  4. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Radeon HD7790.
    In some games gpu usage became constant and is not jumping anymore from 0 to 100% but with some other games it still is. In BF3 mp on death i'm getting black screen for second or less - not big issue but a bit disturbing. With most games higher and more constant fps.

So, for my desktop configuration driver overall is really good.

Radeon HD7670M
    Some games were not working or were artifacting, now, with 13.8 beta mobility driver all these games are working well and even faster than previously. Crysis 3 crashes after loading game - menu works fine but when i'm starting new game, resuming previous progress game is loading and after when it will finish loading it crashes.

So, for mobility this driver also seems to be fine with single exception which imo will be fixed with next drivers.

5. caleb59

caleb59 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X 8GB
    Someone tested those drivers with HD 7xxx cards and newest Firefox 23? Are there still visible random artifacts when browsing www?

6. LBJM

LBJM Member Guru

GPU:
    latest green team
  7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not since disabling 2D and Azure in about:config

8. cowman

cowman Guest

Counterstrike Global offensive. It was really annoying because i couldn't figure out what it was at first and then i realized that this is exactly what micro stuttering is..

9. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Turn off vsync if you have stuttering on single GPU with this driver!

10. caleb59

caleb59 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X 8GB
    OK thanks for your answers...

God damn AMD and Mozilla - then nothing is fixed and this bug still remains! :bang:

11. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7970 Dual-x Boost
    So now HD7990 users have microstutters? i can't understand if these are good for HD7990, i want buy one and sell my HD7970 dual-X!

12. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    They shouldn't, the 13.8 beta drivers fixed microstutter. at least for DX 10 and 11 with single screen setups. Next beta drivers will target DX 9 and multi-screen setups.

13. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Why would you do that? Can't you just add in another 7970?

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yasa, do you not have the mouse issue with 13.8?

15. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    I had much much worse issues with 13.8 than the mouse issue. Might even have had the mouse issue but the other disasters caught my attention first. I stated what happened with me with these drivers a few pages back if you want to check that out.

Now I reformatted and went back to 13.4 WHQL. Problem solved.

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I looked at that post of yours and I can say only that running 1125MHz on stock voltage and expecting stability with every driver is out of some other world idealism.

Driver simply uses something different, loads something more and your GPU is not stable enough due to those changes at given frequency/voltage.

I love similar complains on nV side forum where guys can OC GTX 770 to 1300MHz+ and sometimes it becomes unstable.

You should increase voltage a bit or decrease frequency, but you know that already.

Btw I have replicable framerate drops in Smite Gods Selection menu (every time Scroll bar is used it redraws = reloads all icons). Did not occured on 13.6b.
    Luckily match performance is not affected and keeps 120fps :)

17. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Ummm no. Issues were happening before the overclock even applied. Not waking up from ULPS is due to overclock? I've been running that OC for a year and folding for several months.

Stop telling everyone who have issues that its their overclock.

18. ShooterFX

ShooterFX Member

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD7990
    Well i am running a 7990 and these drivers rock. I have zero stutter. All my games butter smooth. Loving them

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  19. erocker

erocker Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    These drivers are excellent for my two 7970's... It's a shame one of my 7970's has a bad CrossFire connector on it though. :( Things only seem to work for a little while, then screen goes crazy. I hope my RMA goes through.

20. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi trio x 2080ti
    Hi guys,

With the latest drivers whenever I open a webpage in Chrome, the gpu usage jumps up quicky, and the fan spins up to compensate, it does this everytime i click a link, annoying.

I've disabled pepflash player, installed adobes own latest version, and disabled "use hardware acceleration where possible".

At first I thought it may be malware, but running the system through lots of scanners, nothing found. It only happens when i open a new webpage that's not in cache. For example, opening Youtube.com makes my gpu fly up to 63% usage, stays at 63% for about 3 seconds, the fan spins up, the gpu usage drops back to 0% after the webpage has loaded, and the fan spins back down again.