AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA (13.200.0.0 July 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I believe you can Sikkmod, but search in the Games forum to keep this thread from being off topic :)

2. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Ah was going to say i'll bet you're getting a irq not less/equal bsod error which is a generic ram/memory stability crash.

You would have had this plenty of times testing ram timings for oc.

Check your memory voltage/timings/slots.

3. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Ram is fine. I do not have it overclocked. So it's running at stock with stock voltage. No errors in memtest either.

Ram that I am using btw: 16gb x G. Skill Ripjaws Z 9-11-10-28 DDR3 PC2133

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  4. Rudlin

Rudlin Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    I'm just giving these drivers extensive test drive and 1 peculiar thing that struck me is that anything on my single 7970M runs 99% GPU usage, be vsync on or off. Its still 99%. GW2 runs 130fps with no limiter on 99%, with vsync on 60 fps 99% gpu usage. All of the games i've are like this.

Why is that?

5. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Content removed because trolling and insulting other users is tolerated for some people in this forum. I do not stay in places where such behaviour is tolerated and everything I did in such places is removed.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    metro LL is butter smooth with these at max settings

7. Valagard

Valagard Guest

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL means memory issues

Could be CPU and mem, could be videocard mem

Try dialing back your CPU overclock 200mhz and see if it still happens, if it does then maybe like I said, that one in a million config which is unstable

I've had bad AMD drivers once blue screen my system a few times like a year or so back, and the first thing I did was dial back my overclocks to check

Also, you and I both know even if you are not overclocking your ram, a CPU overclock that is to high can cause memory instability even with non-overclocked ram

8. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I think you completely did not read the part where I said that I took off the OC completely. I updated my BIOS and it wipes out every setting for it. It still returned with the same error... as a matter of fact, those BSOD codes are from when I had no OC running on my CPU or GPU. This is 100% related to the drivers and not a piece of hardware.

Any other opinions? I would love to be able to rule everything else out... and I am not re-installing windows if anyone wants to suggest that. Just no...

Also the thought that this can ONLY be caused by memory issues is wrong. Here's an explanation of the error code form MS: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560244(v=vs.85).aspx

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Have you checked the Event Logs ?

Windows Logs > System

And Start > Run: perfmon /rel

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Why won't you guys get it, this is a driver issue that Derko1 is having.

My system is always stable, its folding 24/7. These drivers made me paranoid. I thought I almost fried my GPU.

This is the first driver I have serious issues with since 12.6 (the first driver I used) so lets not troubleshoot much.
    I will give them another whirl after a full format, but I'm most probably going to wait for Beta 2.

11. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    First placed I looked and other than the usual stupid errors for things that don't mean anything, there's nothing else. I was also having the 99% usage someone else mentioned... where if anything stresses the GPU it just shoots directly to 99%. I wonder if that is related some how.

And guys I honestly appreciate the help. I know a lot about troubleshooting but there's nothing like doing it with someone else, in case you miss something.

Re-formatting would rule out any software related issues. Also... question, did you have your OC active while you were having the reboots?

12. Valagard

Valagard Guest

"I've had bad AMD drivers once blue screen my system a few times like a year or so back, and the first thing I did was dial back my overclocks to check"

I said that earlier, I've once had bad AMD drivers over like 10+ years, and the first thing I always do is check my overclocks first

I didn't say it was impossible, just incredibly rare

13. SmashedBrain

SmashedBrain Guest

GPU:
    2x970@1500Mhz
    @Derko1

These driver crash my 2x7970 system immediately. After trying all kinds of variations installing these drivers with the identical result I have to conclude that these drivers are the issue.

When trying different stuff, I noticed that the OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver causes the exact same issue. The 13.6 b2 and all drivers before I installed show no problem at all.

Die you try the OpenGL 4.3 Beta driver ? And did you also have severe problems with it?

14. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I did have issues with the OpenGL beta driver too. I used it for a few minutes and saw that downsampling didn't work... 99% GPU with Youtube and Trine 2 crashed automatically. So I didn't mess with it any further. I simply un-installed them.

I guess it might have had the exact same issues, I just didn't stick around with them long enough.

15. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Sorry if answered already, but do you guys have ULPS enabled? (The guys having issues).

16. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Very first thing that I disable as soon as I install a new driver... also fix the scaling, since it's always at 10%. Then also set my speakers to 5.1 and quality to 192khz.

17. Incoming

Incoming Active Member

GPU:
    2 Saphire 7970 3gb Xfire
    Coming from 13.4 drivers these drivers fixed my stutter issue and graphics glitches I had with Far Cry 3. Running Eyefinity 6032x1080 dual 7970's every other game I had played great with 13.4. Bioshock infinite, Crysis 2,3, BF3, MOH Warfighter, Metro's and a few others.
    Uninstalled through Control Panel, rebooted and installed the beta's. FINALLY NO STUTTER! and believe me I tried every setting the game and R pro had to fix the damn stutter.

Edit: some small "checkerboard" glitches still appear but not near as bad as it was.

Running Win 7 64 Home

18. onlytanmoy

onlytanmoy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB
    thank you so much...

19. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    To those having issues like me... are you using Windows 8? Someone pointed out that this, might be the issue.

20. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    Played GTA IV and now very smooth. Need for Speed Most Wanted also good.

It was rumoured that frame pacing only works for Series 7 cards but the option is ticked in CCC, so as far as I can tell it is working for Series 5 and above. Will report if I have any problems after futher testing