1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Catalyst 13.6 BETA2 (13.101.0.0 June 4)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Valagard

Valagard Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FE
    That's overheating

Sounds like your room is very hot or/and is overclocked too high

2. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Man, I had something similar (I think). I fired up the MotoGP '13 demo for the first time, had 2x FSAA enabled (that's how it's written in-game) and all three GPUs were capping out at their maximum and I was getting severe crashes... this is all with an overclock that's managed to withstand hours of FurMark quite successfully.
    Disabled aforementioned in-game AA, ran again and it was running at around 50% on average GPU usage across all three cores. I'm thinking something must be a bit funky with these drivers, because I've honestly never, ever seen it get to the stage where I get those corruption blocks on the screen... even (like I said) with FurMark a short while ago.

3. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    try using revo to uninstall your current drivers and cleanup leftovers, then install latest beta's and see if it helps :)

4. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    funny, I worked in a shop back then, and we saw a good number of gtx cards come back, and the 8800gt's where well known for cooking themselves with the stock nvidia cooler......horrible

5. Offler2

Offler2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    I did only clean install of CCC and it was fixed.

6. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    Im having a feeling we wont see a driver this month ^^

7. katatoni

katatoni Member

GPU:
    XFX 7870 2gb
  8. Valagard

Valagard Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FE
    Wow, AMD is even going to miss a "confirmed" release date

AMD, I love you guys and all, but you're breaking your promises again

"We are not releasing WHQL's every month because it costs too much money, but because of this we will be releasing lots more official beta drivers!"

>Relying on the same leak system we've been relying on for years, hardly any official beta's

Again, I want them to go back to the old WHQL system, at least it forced their hand on things

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  9. ubysm1

ubysm1 Active Member

What are you talking about?

10. dellon132

dellon132 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    I believe the AMD promised driver you are talking about is the driver that is to be released on the 31st of July. Be patient, today is only the 29th. Also after the 13.6 BETA 2 Driver AMD has already released 2 BETA drivers. The first added support for Windows 8.1 which included WDDM 1.3. The next update added OpenGL 4.3. But of course both updates probably made changes that were not mentioned officially so I think AMD is trying to do their best, so it's best to wait see rather than complain early.

Other Thoughts
    if AMD did release WHQL Drivers like you want them too I don't think you
    would be happy with the results because they would probably just throw out what they are already giving you, but instead of getting it earlier you would receive it later.

11. kpo6969

kpo6969 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    I see your point, but the last WHQL driver is from 3/28 (13.4) and now it's going into August.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Hes actually right, as they've stated many times now the frame-pacing driver would be 31st July, but they've just delayed it a day according to Hilbert, and whos to say they wont delay again.

13. ubysm1

ubysm1 Active Member

Ya he is now but he posted that before Hilbert said anything. I just thought it was churlish to start moaning even before the promised due date had arrived.

14. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 750Ti
    Catalyst 13.8 solved everything.
    Now I'm @950 MHz without any problem.