AMD Catalyst 13.6 BETA (13.101.0.0 May 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 28, 2013.

Tags:
  1. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Hahah, I don't know if I should consider myself lucky or not, because on my laptop, nothing after 11.12 is rendered correctly with EVR; I'm stuck with madVR ever since. :p
    And that also caused me not being able to turn on hardware acceleration with Flash because that'll make the videos green.

You can always try to update MPC-HC and madVR to see if the problem really is with that combination.
    (The newest madVR (0.86.2) has just been released by the way)
    I always try the 'nightly' MPC-HC builds by one of devs.
    I usually go for the Lite version because it doesn't include MPC-HC's built-in filters (which I never use) because I use LAV Filters instead.
    Oh, and for subtitles, use xy-VSFilter if you haven't so.

2. ELCID777

ELCID777 Banned

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    So, where the hell is the new driver that AMD has been promising? The one that will finally resolve all of the latency issues and give an actual boost in performance?

3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

The driver that was promised at some point in June (still plenty of days left btw) or July?

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    It is the Catalyst 13.7 driver, a beta may be available soon. There will be a switchable mode, which will be either the current mode (lower latency), or the stutter 'free' mode. Can't remember the exact feature names and benefits/drawbacks off the top of my head.

5. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Sometimes I get driver crashes, I believe caused by flash player (When viewing a stream at Twitch.tv or a video or a tweet with a vine.co video por example).

Also got a black screen when I was viewing a stream with Twitch.tv and opened GPU-Z.

Anyone else experienced these kind of crashes with these BETA's? I don't think I got them on previous BETA drivers, not 100% sure since I've only been using these 2x 7970's for a month or so before selling my 680 SLI.

6. Conan

Conan Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD6870 1G
    can anybody suggest good,stable,smooth drivers for BF3? i have 7770Ghz

7. FDisk

FDisk Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Overclock with those betas is horrible. Only stock memory clocks works with those for me. Even if I increase by 1Mhz (from 1200MHz to 1201Mhz) I get artifacts, most of them are in chrome flash content, like youtube for example.
    Or even if I just move windows around or minimize them half of the bottom screen flickers and flashes with artifacts. Before those drivers I was pushing Core 1000Mhz / Mem 1387Mhz without problem. Overclocking Core is stable. Core OC from 850Mhz to 1000Mhz without a problem. But Memory is totally screwed up now.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  8. Sauliuz

Sauliuz New Member

GPU:
    ATI RADEON 7670M 2GB
    13.5 beta 3 mobility was only one where I could change voltage in Profiles.xml, so could OC my 7670M 2GB more than in past, to 780Mhz/1200Mhz stable in games and good temperature, but since this driver, there is again no such option left, no AMD Overdrive menu in Catalyst.

9. talis

talis Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 380 GAMING 4G
    These drivers are working very well for me. No problems with anything so far, be it videos, gaming, or other system performance. Note that I use Toslink for audio, so I don't know if there are any problems with my configuration with HDMI audio.

Here are some results from a no longer quite top of the line system:
    [​IMG]

Fire Strike is the only of the three that had a problem running, but I suspect that was due to my processor. Anything physics related went at around 20 FPS. Everything else went well over 100 FPS.

10. jomama22

jomama22 Member

GPU:
    3x 7970 Lightning
    Anyone who overclocking, as in changing clocks or voltage, and experiences random artifacts at desktop needs only to do one thing. Unplug and replug in your monitor.

There is a known issue that requires the monitor to be disabled and reenabled to not have these artifacts.

Afterburner 3.0.0 beta 7-10 have incorporated an option to automatically do this for you when applying an overclock.

So please, anyone with desktop artifacts, especially after applying an overclock, either unplug/replug the monitor or d.l the newest ab betas and let the option do it for you.

This should fix 99% of the desktop flickering issues.

11. hexaae

hexaae Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX980M 4GB G-Sync
    Confirmed, have daily random IE10 crashes on quit with Cat 13.4 WHQL and 13.6 beta. Never had with previous AMD drivers.

E.g.
    Nome evento problema: APPCRASH
    Nome applicazione: iexplore.exe
    Versione applicazione: 10.0.9200.16576
    Timestamp applicazione: 515e31c3
    Nome modulo con errori: atidxx64.dll
    Versione modulo con errori: 8.17.10.489
    Timestamp modulo con errori: 5154f02f
    Codice eccezione: c0000005
    Offset eccezione: 0000000000443740
    Versione SO: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    ID impostazioni locali: 1040
    Informazioni aggiuntive 1: f87d
    Ulteriori informazioni 2: f87df1ae0fa895b62be933e449d734c0
    Ulteriori informazioni 3: b45d
    Ulteriori informazioni 4: b45d81d84990e18888eed090d31e2e97

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I thought this flickering issue only affected people who used MSI's unofficial overclocking method?

13. blacblu

blacblu Guest

What is the best driver cleaner tool at the moment?

I remember using one which was release after Driver Sweeper and had a Metro-ish white/red interface, but can't remember the name.

EDIT: Driver fusion

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2013
  14. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    I just run AMDs own uninstall utility in safe mode after uninstalling drivers and never had an issue. I don't trust any of those "cleaners" to be honest
    http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx

Edit- Do NOT run this on windows 8. You have been warned

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  15. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Your mouse + delete key :p

16. Offler2

Offler2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    I have compared my results with yours. I have Core 2 Quad 9550 in Xeon version. My physics tests have about half score as yours, but
    fire strike score is better.

(i dont know if the link will work but try http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/754994 )

17. fasor

fasor Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GForce 750Ti 2Gb
    tested all benchmarks and games i have, and found no performance gain with that beta.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  18. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380
    PCI Bus has been updated with the 13.6 Beta drivers.

PCI Bus version was 12.102.0.0 using driver V13.4

PCI Bus version with 13.6 Beta driver is now at 12.105.0.0

Follow these instructions to update the PCI Bus driver.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=373501

19. Savoz

Savoz New Member

GPU:
    AMD 7670M 2 GB
    Not working means, the game starts and hangs. When i click on something nothings happens even i hear the sound that it was clicked. Even when i closed the game and i pressed the quit button it didn't show me anything and i used task manager to quit the game. I experienced this same problem in latest 3 drivers i.e 13.4, 13.5 and 13.6b. Now I'm back on 13.3.
    Notice this problem is found in the mobility version of the driver because my friend is using 13.6b for his HD7770 and its working fine.
    And I've already reported the problem and I want others to report too so that AMD fixes it.

20. anatomyhorror

anatomyhorror Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 reference