AMD Catalyst 13.6 BETA (13.101.0.0 May 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 28, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Can't even install these drivers... :bang:

[​IMG]

2. MWisBest

MWisBest Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6620G+6750M
    I got a 6620G+6750M system, so I'll give these drivers a go on it and see if it works ok for me...

3. bolan

bolan Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 7950 @ 950
    Unfortunately, still game freezer (task not responding) with Battlefield Bad Company (BC2). I also did down clock -30MHz, no improvements. The latest working driver is Catalyst 13.2b6!

Catalyst 13.6 NOK
    Catalyst 13.5b2 NOK
    Catalyst 13.4 NOK

Catalyst 13.2b6 OK

4. ramza

ramza New Member

GPU:
    sapphire 7950 with boost
    did not fix my sapphire 7950 with boost screen flickering :(

5. JoeKurr

JoeKurr New Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB
    Do you mean screen tearing during windows boot. then I have that as well. I don't think there is a driver that doesn't have this problem. I might try a really old driver like 12.8 or so and see if has it.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    No problems here, all going smoothly.

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hmm, reinstalled Windows 8, and the drivers installed just fine. Quite weird...

8. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    i have problems in The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing , shadows and others things .

9. srps

srps Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GT OCV1
    I'm also on Windows 8 64bits and these drivers don't install properly (as a few betas before and 13.4 didn't) as well.

To install them from the device manager I have to choose the 2nd driver option for it to recognize the driver (there are 2 options that say "Radeon 6900 Series"), but after installing them it always gives me a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD.

I went back to 13.5b2 that work fine meanwhile.

I don't really want to have the hassle of reinstalling Windows 8 just for that, but something's probably not right within the OS.

Did you do a refresh or a complete reinstall?

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Complete reinstall. I believe I tried both 7800 entries I was presented with and they both had the same error.

11. BoSL

BoSL Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX1060 6GB OC
    I had the same install problems in Win 8 X64, couldnĀ“t get the driver to install..

Then I uninstalled all the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005,2008 and 2010 redistributes, ran Driver Fusion 2 times with the reboots again..

This time the driver installed perfectly and is working without any problems so far!

12. Vengeful#1

Vengeful#1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 OC 3GB
    This driver fix's the display corruption problem i was having in Firefox after installing 13.4WHQL/13.5B2 and seems to run nicely in Guild Wars 2.

13. Savoz

Savoz New Member

GPU:
    AMD 7670M 2 GB
    AMD Catalyst 13.6 BETA

Dota 2 is not working on this driver. It was also not working on 13.4 and 13.5 but was perfectly working on 13.3 and previous drivers with 45fps on full settings. Plz report to AMD for this issue.

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

You're experiencing the issue, you report it :)

Dota 2 ran fine for me on both 13.4 and 13.5, so I have no issues to report to AMD. Haven't tried it in 13.6, but I don't predict issues...

Also "not working" isn't too detailed at all. Does Dota 2 not start? Graphical glitches? Graphics card catch fire? And your sure it's driver related and not some other app (overlay apps like Xfire, Raptr, etc.)?

As for my feedback of 13.6, it's pretty awesome. Can record in GW2 without BSoD (was fixed in 13.4, broken again in 13.5), everything seems to work fine too. I just hope whatever left me unable to install the drivers initially doesn't happen again later... (did a clean uninstall of 13.5, couldn't install 13.6; reinstalled Windows, installed 13.6 without issue)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
  15. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    13.6 Dota 2 run fine on 6620G+6650M (45 fps+)
    but 13.6 no switchable graphic settings for application in CCC.

16. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    I just got one evil score:

[​IMG]

I remember I had a 6800 score once, with an older driver and same (stock) clock settings.

17. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    You would unlock a Steam Achievement with that score :p

18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Did you even read his post properly?
    He said he had problems while playing two videos (one with MPC, another with Flash video in a browser) at the same time.
    Either the one on MPC only had blank (black) video or the Flash one turned green.
    Blank videos with MPC are usually related to the driver not playing nicely with EVR, which usually also causes blank videos with WMP.

Moreover, you don't use the same gfx card (and not even within the same generation) as Valken's, so your point about not having problems with EVR on your system is moot.

Don't really know about Haali (rarely using it), but madVR fully supports GPU acceleration, not just CUDA, ever since 0.85 or 0.84; please do keep up with the times.

I know it works because my GPU usage shot up or down depending on whether I use Jinc on madVR's upscaler or not.
    On default settings, GPU usage is around 30-40% while CPU is 2-3%.
    Change both upscaler to use Jinc, and GPU usage shot up to 98-99% while CPU is still the same 2-3%.
    Both tested with Smooth Motion always on, the 'poor folks' version of SVP (and still smooth enough IMO).

Because you're saying it like it's the file type that determines DXVA support while it's not really like that.

It's actually the decoder that determines whether a video stream can be decoded with DXVA or not, not the file type.
    Moreover, you also included Matroska which is just a container format.
    DXVA won't work with it if the video stream inside the container isn't supported by the decoder library to be decoded with DXVA.
    If the decoder sees a video stream's FourCC that it doesn't support for DXVA-assisted decoding, it won't use DXVA, even if it's an MKV file.

The irony?
    It's when you said someone as being lost while you seemed to not really get how things work either. =b

19. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Yeah i'm on my 2nd OS install in two days now due to these drivers - Win8 x64.
    I was on 13.5 b2, couldn't install 13.6.
    Did a clean install on 13.4 whql, ran some benchmarks, tried to upgrade to 13.6... couldn't install, just got bsod when getting to install driver.
    Now on a another clean install with just 13.6's

They seem to be running OK on a fresh install, but i'm dreading the day a new set comes out and have to try and remove them again.

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    WOW!!!

These drivers add some serious heat to my GPU and its VRM's!!

In the last driver I was at 1200/1650 @ 1188v and core temp was 61c and VRM's were 64/65c after 30mins of Kombuster burn-in test 8xAA 720p

Now with these drivers, the same overclock and my VRM's get to 80/81c!!!!!! and core temp is 67c THAT IS INSANE!!

Ambient temp was pretty cold too as I ran the test last night and had a window open too so ambient was around 16c.

Had to drop back to my previous overclock 1125/1575 @ stock voltages to maintain what I believe to be acceptable temps. For some reason Kombuster would run fine with 1200/1650 @ 1188v but as soon as I load a GPU hungry game up like Metro LL I would get flashing black/white squares of floors and walls in certain areas. Also got them in Black Ops 2 as well some certain surfaces.