AMD Catalyst 13.5 B2 (12.102.3.0 April 16)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by stasio, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Zephiris

Zephiris Guest

These 'beta' drivers have an OpenGL extension list worse than 13.3b2, and less than half the performance in Minecraft vs. 13.4 WHQL.

It seems like someone pulled an old branch, updated versions, recompiled it, and called it new by mistake.

2. iBen95111

iBen95111 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 480 8GB
    13.4 WHQL has these improvements:

Full stack of performance optimizations for Crysis® 3, bringing the many enhancements we’ve developed for our beta drivers into the certified driver tree.
    Full stack of performance optimizations for BioShock® Infinite, bringing the many enhancements we’ve developed for our beta drivers into the certified driver tree.
    Full stack of performance optimizations for Tomb Raider™, bringing the many enhancements we’ve developed for our beta drivers into the certified driver tree.
    Windows Hardware Certification for AMD Radeon™ HD 7990 and HD 7790 GPUs
    Up to 5% improved performance in Batman: Arkham City
    Up to 10% improved performance in Borderlands 2
    Up to 14% improved performance in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars with MSAA
    Up to 11% improved performance for Hitman Absolution™
    Up to 11% improved performance in Return to Castle Wolfenstein MP
    Up to 5% improved performance in Sid Meier’s Civilization® V
    Performance optimizations for the 2013 release of SimCity
    Resolves rare image corruption seen in Tomb Raider™ with TressFX Hair enabled
    Implements the frame latency fixes for Tomb Raider™ and Hitman Absolution™ that were tested in our beta drivers
    Implements the DirectX® 9.0c texture flickering fixes developed and tested in our beta drivers
    Adds support for the following OpenGL® 4.3 extensions:
    GL_ARB_compute_shader
    GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect
    GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object
    GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays
    GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object
    GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility
    GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location
    GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport
    GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata
    GL_ARB_program_interface_query
    GL_ARB_shader_image_size
    GL_ARB_stencil_texturing
    GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range
    GL_ARB_texture_query_levels
    GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample

Taken from http://blogs.amd.com/play/2013/04/24/new-134-135-catalyst-drivers

3. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Ouch. If true expect another beta pretty soon then. :S

I just put 13.4 WHQL on last night, but I'm going to go ahead an try these anyway.

4. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Have three displays - one HDMI, one DVI, one via DP-> DVI
    No issues here.
    Watching movies on all of the screens, no slowdowns.
    Using Klite Mega Codec Pack (latest) and MPC-HC.

5. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Or just take the OGL part from 13.4 and put it in the 13.5 part if you want newest OGL extensions ?

6. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Wow... Memories... My first favourite Multiplayer game! And this is how I started with the FPS genre for good ( Wolfenstein3D/Doom1-2 aside )

7. w0lfis

w0lfis Guest

GPU:
    2x7970@1000/1500
    I can confirm better performance and frametime but increased instability. Driver now crashes on random instead :(

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    SUMMARIZING

The AMD Catalyst™ 13.4 WHQL driver is the certified version of 13.3 Beta, while the AMD Catalyst™ 13.5 Beta driver extends the code in both of these drivers with additional fixes/enhancements. And, more importantly, both drivers are available immediately for Microsoft Windows®-based PCs!

Pretty much says it all.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I can't work it out, maybe it is specific to the 7870

Some 720p mvks are stuttery as hell but if I open CCC > Video quality settings it smooths it back out again, not perfectly but 90%, wtf

Then other days I load up a 1080p mvk and it is buttery smooth like it should be

But playing either of those mvks with only the HDMI display enabled, they are both buttery smooth, same on only DVI

Paid £200 for a GPU and get the performance of an onboard 4mb pos thanks to AMD and their coding monkeys

10. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Ima bout ready to pull my hair out.

Tried to install both 13.4 and 13.5, neither will install.. It just says installation incomplete. Been tryin for 2 hours now.. Nothing.. Finally i went back to 13.2 beta 7 and everything installed just fine..

Tried using the AMD cleaning utility and without just using ccleaner..

When I go to click on the "log" it will not pull it up so i have no idea what is going on..

Also tried downloading them right from the AMD website with my video card type and windows 7 64bit.. I want to try this new 13.5, cause it should help with this racing game MTA. I always get spikes here and there and causes the game to sometimes, make the person in front me me fall back hit me and dead stop me. If you know what i mean..

So what should I try next. I have deleted the ATi utility all together and deleted both ati and all amd software too fyi.

11. dakon

dakon Member

GPU:
    MSI 6990 & 6970
    I also have a very thin red line on the far left side of my monitor. Any idea on a fix as this is quite odd and never seen something like this before.

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    try the atiman uninstaller

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Until you find a way to get the main installer to work, you could extract the installer and manually update the driver from device manager

14. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Tried this, did not work.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    ^ This.

These DO contain fixes that are NOT in 13.3b3 or 13.4 whql releases EVEN though the internal driver numbers are older. The compile date is newer than both of those drivers.

I shall keep these until I hit any problems, but none so far.

16. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    I posted this a little ways above. I went for the 13.4's. No red line.

17. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    no significant improvement for me from 13.3b3
    my "problem" is with 7850 2GB Crossfire config: i have a 60hz full hd monitor, for me the gameplay is more important than high fps. If i don't use v-sync, i have really fluctuating framerate, screen tearing and stuttering (eg. Far Cry 3 and Hitman Absolution).
    Instead, if i use Radeonpro, with V-sync always on and a dynamic framerate control fixed at 30fps, gameplay is (almost) always smooth...

eg. Hitman Absolution - Vixen Club level
    i run up to the stairway leading to the ground where there are the police cars, the first time i entered the new area (seems that new areas are often reason of issues) the framerate dropped at least by 5 fps and so I've noticed the stuttering (even if i was at 30fps fixed settings!).
    Then, I did it many times...back and forth from the level begin and no more frame drop: it was really weird, i think there is a problem with the memory management they did not fixed yet...
    i would to play at fixed 60fps with my config... :thumbdown

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  18. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    These are newer than 13.4 WHQL

19. BIGGRIMTIM

BIGGRIMTIM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
    I have the same thing happening. Never had it before. Any help is appreciated.

20. dakon

dakon Member

GPU:
    MSI 6990 & 6970
    For those that have the thin little red line on the left side of the monitor, are you connected via Displayport by chance?

I am, and have the thin red line.