AMD Catalyst 13.5 B2 (12.102.3.0 April 16)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by stasio, Apr 24, 2013.

1. ELCID777

ELCID777 Banned

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Is anybody else experiencing EXTREMELY low-fps in the Red Square level of Metro: Last Light? The game was running smoothly with all max settings and SSAA until I got to this section. FPS has literally tanked to single digits and is completely unplayable now.

It only started happening in this section and lowering the resolution and turning off SSAA and everything else makes zero difference in performance. This seems to be either a major bug in the game, or we need a new driver for Metro LL asap.

2. Benny_26

Benny_26 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix + SA850
    Use Normal settings, there is no visible difference between Normal and very high.
    But its better to buy this game can sell you a steam key for 39$ :)

3. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega64 Nit
    Install update 2; Huge performance improvement and no more flashing shadows.

4. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    Yes it fixed , thanks

5. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    anyone got a random CTD when playing Metro LL ?

i'm sick of having a CTD in the middle of a gameplay, cause it totally ruins the mood.

issue i'm having :
    1. alarm won't stop ringing, even though i've killed all the enemies in that area
    2. sometimes when i load checkpoints, i can't stand up or jump, and stuck with crouching all the times, until i restart the chapter or i finish the chapter while crouching.

6. Zurvan

Zurvan Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU II R9290 4G
    Have you installed the latest patch (i.e. hotfix) for LL? It has boosted up my performance by at lest 40%. Plus fixes all kind of issues AMD users were having.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/43160/discussions/0/810924774395015649/

7. Reiz3r

Reiz3r Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7850 2gb
    there was an update that fixed that and improve performance...

8. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    yes, but above all for single card. For Crossfire performance is good but not perfect 'cause gpu load usage does not exceed 75/78%, even in the benchmark and sometimes goes below, down to 65% . If you eg. try the Tomb Raider benchmark in Crossfire mode, you can see a gpu load by a steady 95/98%... that is the expected behavior. Furthermore, analyzing the MLL benchmark graph between single & cross... you can find the usual crossfire frametime issue, the framerate is more fluctuating than single card. Can't wait to have hands on the announced drivers in June... :)

9. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I just installed this driver on my setup to test ARMA 3 Lite and it has some weird issues:

1) It hung for over 1 minute while it was trying to detect my CFX setup during driver installation.

2) I also installed the latest cap in the other sticky thread and in ARMA 3 Lite, my gun shows up with 60-70% white pixelation. On my previous 12.4 install with an older 13.x cap, it looked fine but was hanging in the middle of game.

3) ARMA 3 still hangs a c000005 error but at least I can recover into the desktop. It was doing this with 12.4 hence I upgraded the drivers and came my rig a thorough dust cleaning. 30+ C degree summer weather here is not helping CFX setup either. :D

10. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    They better release some good drivers next month otherwise im gonna kill them all!

11. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I am getting driver reset errors now with 13.5 beta 2 with 13.5 cap1.

If I play a video locally through MPC, then load a youtube video in a browser, MPC turns black (in a window) while the YT video turns green.

If I load the YT video firsts,then launch a second MPC video it works fine.

I can load 2 or 3 YT videos one after another.

I think the 13.5 B2 drivers just don't like my setup. The older 12.4 drivers had no problem playing one MPC instance with a YT video.

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Odd first time i have problems with AMD drivers. These destroyed my computers sleepmode :D just doesn't work anymore

13. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    go to a command prompt and type powercfg -a.

what does it say?

14. ELCID777

ELCID777 Banned

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Looks like nvidia just released a new driver update for some games, which includes a 10% boost in Metro LL. http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/art...ivers-released

Meanwhile, AMD chose to release a new CAP which improves performance in 5 year old games.....and likely won't release any new drivers until late June or July...:bang:

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

Yeah, but go read the thread about that driver in the Nvidia section, and the one on the official forums.

Last edited: May 27, 2013

16. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    how about you stop lying?

it also released the same day or day after coj gunslinger

17. EdwinCodec

EdwinCodec New Member

GPU:
    Club3D 7970 Royalking 3GB
    Man. Fifa 13 still contain micro-stutters since 13.1. Reported like 8 times and yet no action is being taken.

18. ELCID777

ELCID777 Banned

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's

How am I lying? The recent CAP release provides no performance increases or fixes for games like Metro LL, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3, etc., or any other big title games. Gun slinger? LOL.

COD 4, Far Cry 2, CoH 2 are ancient.

19. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Take Vsync off. I was having the same problem with my Diamond took it off and it worked fine. That said my XFX before my Diamond stuttered no matter what i didn't in Fifa.

20. temo

temo Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    This is one option but then it also tends to induce tearing. My solution was to enable Dynamic Framerate Control in radeonpro @ 59 fps and it gets rid of both screen tearing and micro stuttering. You can also turn on ambient occlusion which I believe has little performance penalty (not that I noticed much visual difference).

Oh ya, and you'll also want to enable triple buffering to get rid of any input lag.

Last edited: May 28, 2013