AMD Catalyst 13.5 B2 (12.102.3.0 April 16)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by stasio, Apr 24, 2013.

1. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    You only need build-essential. I didn't install any other package and it still build properly.

deltatux

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Just booted up Borderlands 2 after a long time not playing it and I have to say these drivers suck for that game. I can't even keep 60fps maxed out (PhysX OFF obviously) in large areas I get lows into the 50's and sometimes I turn around and it jumps and misses a few frames when turning the mouse but this is very rare. Strange, I used to be able to max this game out completely and keep a solid 60fps in any given area as I clocked the game and the first DLC with no problems at all. Now performance is all over the place with these, and GPU usage has gone down as well, now getting around 65% usage where as before it was around 85-95% and a solid 60fps.

3. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Do you have the ccc settings at default? Like with a fresh install? Ofcourse you will only have the ingame settings to maxout, like I have. No msaa or the likes. No other software influencing settings.
    Tbh I have it capped at 120fps now, and while it sometimes drops to the high 90's it's 120fps most of the times.
    My 6950 unlocked already gave a solid 70fps capped.
    PhysX to low.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Yep, I dont use CCC anymore I use RadeonPro and everything in there is set exactly the same as in CCC I even made a profile for it to make sure it was all set properly.

I do have ALL the DLC so the version of my game might differ from you. I get horrid screen tearing with vsync off so vsync on and capped to 60fps it stays at 60fps for a lot of the time but in large areas and long distances it drops to high 40's low 50's...

Might reinstall the drivers for a complete clean install.

EDIT:

Cleaned installed drivers and still got the same performance. Uninstalled RadeonPro and installed CCC again and bang... 60fps all the time even in the areas where I was getting high 40's/low 50's lowest fps I have seen in 57fps for a split second.

Last edited: May 6, 2013

5. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    sounds like you have something set in RP that is effecting performance.

catalyst AI maybe?

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Catalyst AI has not existed for a long time now... I don't see it in CCC and I didn't see it in RP either, unless it was named something else?

7. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i figured youd know the difference.

Catalyst AI=the two image quality sliders. Thats how CCC had them originally, then they combined them into the catalyst ai, then did away with it completely.

lol

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    That's odd, I'm getting solid 65fps (my cap) without CCC installed. Everything on high.

Weird thing I just took a heap of screenshots with RP but when I opened the directory they were all 0kb.

9. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Hmm, I do have all the DLC from borderlands 2, I run at 1080p, maybe you run at a higher res. CPC_RedDawn ?
    Anyway, I also noticed with certain games the ccc gave more fps opposed to disabling it. Could be some settings from radeon pro or the likes make things struggle also.

Texture filtering in ccc used to be set at quality by default, now it's set at standard by default, and no more catalyst AI, although I never really noticed a difference with it at standard or optimized, or whatever that second setting was called.

There also is a difference between driver versions, one driver could perform better in borderlands2 than the other.

But as I said, I always run vanilla and use the available ingame settings to tune things up.

10. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    with RP uninstalled, what software to see fps ?

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    MSI Afterburner or FRAPS.

12. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    fraps is lighter weight if you arent overclocking...

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

If you happen to use a gaming client (Evolve, Raptr, Xfire, Origin), it might have a FPS counter available (I know Evolve does).

14. zandathrax

zandathrax Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS ROG STRIX 3090
    nice driver for me =)

15. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290X
    I'm curious to see what happens if/when you uninstall RP and reinstall CCC. Please let us know if it helps at all, as this would signify some potential bugs or issues in RP (assuming it wasn't in lieu of an inadvertent RP setting enabled).

16. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    RP uses ADL, as does CCC. i doubt it would make a difference...

17. Portuogral

Portuogral Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    This ones sucked in my system barely holding stable even with a mild OC. Going back to rock solid 13.4

18. Heuchler

Heuchler Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850 CrossFire
    13.5B2 work get for me in BL2 (Triple Buffer w/ RadeonPro). get ~10 fps higher.

FPS display in BL2 (also shows delay)

edit:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\Config"

add "ConsoleKey=Tilde" under [Engine.Console] section

open console [~] - enter "stat fps"

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=2763900

19. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Hmm... getting zfighting or something like that in Dota 2 for Rikki (keeps switching from visible to transparent every few 1/4 seconds or so and only happens when he should be invisible), could just be the game since it's always updating and still in beta though. I've never actually had any issues like this before btw.

EDIT: Fixed, was just Dota 2

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  20. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Report of this drivers on my part , tested on a few test overclocking rigs different video cards and it is a very nice driver overall , a little boost in benchmarks also , tested HD7970 Lightnings , HD7790 The new tiny card too works great too. In my opinion drivers are getting better !