AMD Catalyst 13.30 BETA (13.300.0.0 RC3 January 8)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. velocityx

velocityx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    it's not like everyone has had the issue. Never got it myself.

2. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    It's Tuesday, I have hope of those 14.1 coming today, although they said end of January, so maybe they actually wait till the very end... :(

3. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    13.35 will most likely be the next driver release officially from AMD, with Mantle support and some other things.

4. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    13.15 Beta are internal name, the public name will be 14.1, AMD mentioned it already on few forums. :)

5. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    if the size of the drivers gonna be this big, i hope AMD would upload another version that doesn't have mantle.

because for now mantle is useless, except for BF4 owners,

and also my monthly data cap is low, and it feels like a waste to download drivers with mantle while no games exist supported it, even BF4 haven't supported it yet, because DICE is still fixing their own mess.

does mantle kinda like AMD gaming evolved ? in which we can choose to skip or not ?

6. kevnb

kevnb Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    its not out yet, I don't think anybody here has access to it either.

7. Elite3540

Elite3540 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    I believe you can skip that.

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

1. The driver size is likely a mistake (probably extra software included that's not needed; someone with the driver downloaded can verify)
    2. These aren't the Mantle driver, these are the Kaveri driver
    3. Not sure what you mean by skip, but Mantle is a graphics API, which will likely be used alongside another API (like how some games have both a Direct3D and OpenGL renderer)

9. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    what kind of mistake did AMD make that caused the size to be 2x bigger ?

skip = not installing, i thought that the bigger size is because of mantle, but if its not, then what did AMD put in there ?

mantle is a graphic API, but its a new API and not provided by windows installation.

i am gonna try mantle, but after i own games that uses it, not gonna download mantle if the size is that big and included in every new driver.

btw if the bigger size is not because of mantle, can anyone upload it without the extra baggage ? or is this driver not worth it and skipable ?

10. kevnb

kevnb Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    I would skip this driver, if you are on limited bandwidth its not worth the potential hassle. It has broken a few unlucky users windows installations...

11. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    thanks for the tip, it does seem to not worth it, i was curious, because of its gigantic size.

12. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Thank you sir, I totally recommend this driver for all hungry beta testers!

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    It's not a mistake but includes drivers and packages for various platforms.

New chipset drivers which can be downloaded separately from stationdrivers. This release seems to fix most of the browser/desktop "jumping".

Took me 4 mins to download package with flashget.

14. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2 GB
    Still got some minor jumps on my 7790 but other than that these drivers are great, no bsods with dxva or flash.

15. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    i do not understand what kind of jumping you guys are experiencing, because i didn't experience it, which is kinda a relieve.

but seems like this is a skip, except for APU user and users that experienced jumping.

@phil : thx for the info, seems like a silly decision by AMD to combine chipset drivers with GPU drivers, gonna check out the site that you mentioned, to check what is the size of the separate version, probably gonna try it, just for the sake of trying a beta driver, unless a new beta came.

16. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    Why? Its just perfect

17. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

The jumping (as I believe; I too haven't had the problem) is because of GPU memory clocks shifting from their overclocked value to reference clocks due to PowerPlay (both user and OEM factory overclocks).

Mainly GIGABYTE users with factory-overclocked cards were having the problem, and i had a friend with a XFX card who also had the problem.

I have no idea on Windows, but the Linux driver didn't really do anything (visible) for me on a 7850 or 7670M. Some sources even call it a downgrade in-comparison to the last Linux beta.

200+MB worth of chipset drivers? Afaik, the only chipset-related drivers AMD offers are:

- USB Filter
    - PCI Bus Filter (included with the GPU driver)
    - SATA
    - RAID
    - IOMMUv2
    - Duplicates of some (or all) of those packages for two other platforms

Last I checked, those drivers alone were relatively small. "Maybe" the RAID package had some GUI included, but I can't imagine that being that heavy either.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
  18. Lumaan

Lumaan Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290X 4GB OC
    After installer unpacked files to AMD dir there is 3 different RAID packages with a size of 300+MB together.

19. Gaz

Gaz Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 290X WindForce
    5970 Win8.1

Still no go. 99%GPU2, have to turn off crossfire on BF4.

20. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    this driver was actually locking up my pc (acording to event viewer)......went back to 13.12 and been rock solid again...course i guess this driver was never really intended for my card going by the amd driver page anyway.....just figured i would post my results in case others have issues as well