AMD Catalyst 13.2 Legacy Drivers ( X64) modded by Ironclad

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by atimaniac, Mar 4, 2014.

1. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I couldn't agree more.
    Only driver working with all options,including Power Xpress for AMD Legacy 4xxx+5xxx or 4xxx+6xxx.

2. mbze430

mbze430 Guest

GPU:
    Titan Xp / 12GB SLI
    I have a quick question, I might have missed in reading the OP post.. but are these SG drivers? I have been looking for Mobility Legacy SG (newer than 9.xx) drivers for the Mobility HD 3400 series for 7 x64.

If someone can help that would be great. TIA

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  3. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    This drivers also works with Mobility series . But if you are ask about Intel+AMD u need to check yourself. Its could be works.

4. mbze430

mbze430 Guest

GPU:
    Titan Xp / 12GB SLI
    I checked the packages directory it doesn't have the Intel part. Guess my search continues

5. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    U can try install first Intel drivers provided from Intel site and later install this Drivers . Cheers .

6. JohnHas

JohnHas Guest

GPU:
    Ati Mobility Radeon 4650
    This driver (13.2 Win 7 X64) works AMAZING well on my laptop --> Sony Vaio FW41E/H (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650)
    THANKS!!! :) :wanker:
    p.s. I installed it over my previous driver with no problems at all !

7. Nightquaker

Nightquaker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 1GB GDDR5
    Well, your damn input was real helpful, eh?

8. Barnir

Barnir Guest

GPU:
    Hd4000
    Heya guys i found this post and tried to install this drivers on w8.1 i had disable the driver signature but the video driver doesn't install, it install every thing else but fails on video driver, anyone can help about this?

9. NXR

NXR Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility RadeonHD3470
    Does it work on Windows 8.1 x64?

10. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    So why do I use such old drivers ?....

If your on a single card from the legacy series, your not handicapped and free to try any frankensteined driver you like, nor do you get anywhere near as many problems.

YOUR NOT IN CROSSFIRE (which changes most peoples opinions on the quality of AMD drivers forever)

For both 4870x2's however which is what I own 6 years later and still haven't broke, which is the biggest behemoth bitchiest cards in the history of crossfire, it makes sense to me to be using drivers for crossfire before Cayman was released or before 7K series were released.

In the days that they DID actually get tested on that hardware...and before the optimisations for "other" hardware, at the sacrifice to others.

I also retro fitted from history for myself 10.9a and 10.8b which was released still broken the fix was because the 2nd GPU on the 4870x2 wasn't being loaded in games, however it still showed the clock bug after exiting games. These are the best in crossfire for the 4870x2. Nothing since ever came close to the performance of those with except 10.4a (I can't use 10.5a as JC2 doesn't launch, and 10.5a has other issues as well like breaking old OGL games)

This is why I still stay below Cayman's radar before the days of 11.2. I am completely stable, and everything works.

I don't "need" modern & futzed to begin with drivers. The entire 12.x series of drivers was just a complete joke for legacy at least, and a lot of other cards as well.

There is nothing to be gained past this point for legacy. Nothing at all. Except for perhaps better working OGL and "less buggy" video component dll's.

No one has access to the legacy code to better it, because it's closed source.

Anybody who claims improvements to the contrary with a few file switcheroo's, followed by a random version number is deluding themselves because I already tested 99% of combinations there could be.

Support for this line effectively ended April 2012, nothing more to see, move along...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014

11. KnightmareX

KnightmareX Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD4250 Mobility
    Display driver doesn't install on Windows 8.1 x64 (disabled driver signature enforcement).
    I have a HD 4250 Mobility.

12. Milosh

Milosh Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 4870 X2
    Well i did install 10.9 hotfix from one of your posts for legacy 4870x2 users such as i am. And performance boost is huge. :D Thank you so much for eye opening post. Divinity original sin with dellon132s custom drivers from guru3d with maxed settings @1920x1080 was around 25FPS now it is around 60FPS. Wasteland 2 was around 20-22FPS now @40FPS. But in divinity i have crossfire working in wasteland2 only single GPU is working tried to rename exe to dirt2, bioshock but no luck making it work. Do you have any idea how to fix it. Also if I properly understood it, I do not have to install new CAPs?

13. NXR

NXR Guest

GPU:
    I have an mobility radeon HD3470 running on windows 8.1 (x64) with 13.9 official driver, where can i get that 11.1 tweaked? thx.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    ouch

necro..

15. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Well the 10.9 HF fix wasn't a real fix back then, but used 10.10 atikmdag.

I have a better fix since then while keeping all the files intact. :)

I've since found out anything past 10.7 is busted for COH in Dx10 well anything past 10.8b5 if you want specifics, the game outright crashes in DX10 mode. Not only that but browsers crash/hang post 10.7, there are video problems post 10.7 and BFBC2 & Stalker series crashes post 10.7. So really 10.8 & 10.9 are a bit of a disaster for DX10 & 4870x2.

WIC has problems on 10.9.

The trouble with 10.7 is a memleak in Borderlands DX9 which crashes the game and no x-fire support in SC2. 10.6 shows green triangles for crystals in C&C 3.

10.3b/10.4a works for most things as always, but you need 10.8/10.9 for SC2 which is where other stuff began to "break". I didn't mention 10.5 because it kills Just Cause 2 launching but it was probably best for BFBC2.

The good news for 4870x2 is that all drivers post 10.5a-10.9 CAN in fact be used without crossfire bug failing to engage one of the cores, or both cores failing to engage to 3D speeds when force maximum clocks are set, or your memory in DXdiag showing a ridiculous amount post 10.5a up till 13.9. Or the clocks being borked when exiting an app.

At the time people ignored/skipped these sets of drivers altogether if you had a 4870x2 because they just seemed plain busted, many stayed on 10.4a/10.5a or went straight to 10.10 which is buggy as hell for 4870x2, but I since found a way to fix all these sets of the 10.6-10.9s including all the hot fixes so that they do work on the 4870x2 as intended.

Quake 1 & 2 doesn't work from 10.5 up till 11.2 although if you rename the exe to quake3 they will work on these borked opengl versions.

Yes I can actually use 10.6-10.9 on 4870x2 unhindered by the bugs that made them unusable. I can't upload any huge files anymore just to demonstrate the point....

But if you ask nicely, I can tell you the fix for all these busted sets of drivers on 4870x2 (which is so easy to fix all the above issues post 10.5a until 10.10 semi-patched it it's laughable)...

Any driver post 10.5a thinks your 4870x2 has 2048 gfx mem, any driver <=10.5a thinks you have 1024 because it's mirrored. My current fix cures that little problem as well.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015

16. NXR

NXR Guest

GPU:
    i'm gonna test in 5 minutes the 12.6 reloaded max v7, if doesn't work i will try 11.12 hybridized R13. And if noone of these works i will have to install the 13.9 win7 official '-'

P.S

I've already tested and 12.6 and 11.12 not working the driver and the CCC.

17. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Using mobility 3K in combination with Windows 8.1 is just completely insane.

Even 4K on Win8 doesn't work properly, and still no WDDM 1.2.

There is 1 "official driver" for Win8, and even then it's shoe horned and made to work based from a Windows 7 driver.

You'll have more joy with the 3000 series on XP/Vista or 7.

They abandoned support 3 years ago...

18. NXR

NXR Guest

GPU:
    Now i have working on win8.1 (ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V10.2 Legacy Driver x64Bit) from this forum. Before i had 13.9 win7 x64 official, it was working perfectly fine, but, with this one i have better performance.

And i already had dual boot with win10 when the tech preview was released (same day) and was working perfectly fine.

19. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Am currently trying to help a user of a 3xxx mobility + Intel HD to get switching working on 8.1 and 10.

It is turning out to be a lot of fun! I wonder if it is even possible.

20. NXR

NXR Guest

GPU:
    i already had win10 and i had 2 drivers working (fully functional). i think the versions are 13.2 (guru3d tweaked) and ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V10.2 Legacy Driver x64Bit (form guru3d too), on windows 8.1 of course i had this plus the 13.9 official win7 version.... just install all windows updates and it will work. Hope this helps.