AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA 6 (12.100.17.0 February 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by aRadiatedNoodle, Feb 18, 2013.

1. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    everyone im going nuts with my rig i already asked for help but no replys im currently using beta 5 and they even freeze watching a blueray movie the image guet like double its strange and in bf3 on night shift mission when snyping its need i guet micro freezes what could it be felas sorry for my bad english

2. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    Install the official drivers and remove any overclocks.

Check PC again.

3. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    ok i wil do that downloading oficial drivers now and downcloking all things and checking again if it stil work of coursse its a shi......... mashine but wil see thanks in advance fela

4. Tyestor

Tyestor Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6950 2GB
    i laughed more than i should have

5. Dalton Sleeper

Dalton Sleeper Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 8GB
    Awesome settings for FarCry

The game works perfectly on my machine, but there are some settings that needs to be changed. If you follow the steps below the frame rate in FarCry will be as fluid as CS1.6 at maximum settings (except motion blur and fxaa) @1080p@4xMSAA.

Crank everything to max ingame, disable render buffers, set AA to 4 (8xMSAA stutters).
    In GamerProfile.xml, add MaxFPS="60" or whatever your refresh rate is right after showfps. Add the post section to disable fxaa and motion blur:
    Code:
    <Post>
    	<quality MotionBlur="0" FXAALevel="0" id="ultra" />
    </Post>

after
    Code:
    </RenderProfile>

My config:
    Code:
    <GamerProfile>
    	<SoundProfile MusicEnabled="1" MasterVolume="100" MicEnabled="1" IncomingVoiceEnabled="1" Language="English" />
    	<RenderProfile MSAALevel="4" AlphaToCoverage="2" SSAOLevel="6" SDSM="0" ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1080" Quality="custom" QualityEditor="editor_ps3" Fullscreen="1" Borderless="0" UseD3D11="1" D3D11MultithreadedRendering="0" WidescreenLetterbox="0" UseWidescreenFOV="1" FOVScaleFactor="1.1625" EnableSubResolution="0" SubResolutionX="960" SubResolutionY="540" VSync="1" RefreshRate="0" DisableMip0Loading="0" GPUMaxBufferedFrames="0" ShowFPS="0" MaxFPS="60" Brightness="1" Contrast="1" GammaRamp="1" AllowAsynchShaderLoading="1">
    		<CustomQuality>
    			<quality ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1080" EnvironmentQuality="high" AntiPortalQuality="default" PortalQuality="medium" PostFxQuality="ultrahigh" TextureQuality="high" TextureResolutionQuality="high" WaterQuality="veryhigh" DepthPassQuality="high" VegetationQuality="veryhigh" TerrainQuality="high" GeometryQuality="ultrahigh" AmbientQuality="high" DeferredAmbientQuality="high" ShadowQuality="ultrahigh" EditorQuality="" Hdr="1" HdrFP32="0" ReflectionHdr="1" EnableVertexBinding="1" id="custom" />
    		</CustomQuality>
    	</RenderProfile>
    	<Post>
    		<quality MotionBlur="0" FXAALevel="0" id="ultra" />
    	</Post>
    	<NetworkProfile VoiceChatEnabled="1" CustomMapMaxUploadRateInBitsOnline="10240000" OnlineEnginePort="9000" OnlineServicePort="9001" FileTransferHostPort="9002" FileTransferClientPort="9003" LanHostBroadcastPort="9004" LanClientBroadcastPort="9005" ScanFreePorts="1" ScanPortRange="1000" ScanPortStart="9000" SessionProvider="" MaxUploadInbpsOnline="10240000">
    		<Accounts />
    	</NetworkProfile>
    	<GameProfile />
    	<ProfileSpecificGameProfile Sensitivity="0.832" Invert_x="0" Invert_y="0" DefaultFlickFireDirection_y="0" UseMouseSmooth="0" Smoothness="0" Smoothness_Ironsight="0.2" HelpCrosshair="1" Gamepad_vibration="0" UseRoadSignHilight="1" UseSubtitles="1" TaggingEnabled="1" WikiUpdatedEnabled="1" CollectibleUpdatedEnabled="1" TutorialUpdatedEnabled="1" ObjectiveReminderEnabled="1" CraftingTipsEnabled="1" DisplayXPEnabled="1" DetectionIndicatorEnabled="1" HitIndicatorEnabled="1" GrenadeIndicatorEnabled="1" UseAmbx="0" UseGamePad="0" GamepadAnswered="1" Autosave="1" Machete="0" IronsightToggleMode="0">
    		<FireConfig QualitySetting="VeryHigh" />
    	</ProfileSpecificGameProfile>
    	<RealTreeProfile Quality="VeryHigh" />
    	<EngineProfile>
    		<PhysicConfig QualitySetting="VeryHigh" />
    		<QcConfig GatherFPS="1" GatherAICnt="1" GatherDialogs="0" IsQcTester="0" />
    		<InputConfig />
    		<ZoneConfig />
    	</EngineProfile>
    	<UplayProfile LockString="use your own string here" />
    </GamerProfile>
    Install radeon pro and set flip queue size to 0 (same as buffered frames ingame), force vsync and dynamic fps to 60 (if that is your refresh rate). Also force vsync in driver (just in case).

You might wanna write protect GamerProfile.xml in case you change anything ingame...

Edit: Core parking is disabled, HT is enabled.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  6. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Flip queue size at 0 doesn't work anymore. That becomes the same setting as 3 (which is the default/disabled). The lowest value that works is 1. 1 works in everything except CS:Go, where most of the map seesms like the FPS is being cut by exactly half, even though the framerate counter doesn't show that. 2 is fine for that game. (on either older drivers or an older client, you had to use 3).

Flipqueuesize at 0 only works in XP now.

7. kasper93

kasper93 Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 390
    Bug with L3.1 DXVA decoding is still present ;/

8. Mele

Mele Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
    Can I just dirty install these over beta 5?

9. Dalton Sleeper

Dalton Sleeper Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 1080 8GB
    Interesting, so if I set it at 0 it defaults to 3, or 1?
    Setting it to 0 greatly reduces input lag in most games so it does something. I have never had any issues with it at 0. I guess the frame rate also depends on the cpu, how fast it can send information to the gpus.

10. 1bit

1bit Active Member

GPU:
    7970 / Samsung SA27950D
    Anyone getting AMD display driver stopped responding on BF3?

11. zarker99

zarker99 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire hd 7870 Ghz
    I got the same issue and stopped trying to go back.

Anybody know of a fix?

12. BugMeister

BugMeister Member Guru

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    can you print up details of the AMD software that you have installed at the moment
    you may have to re-install something to correct the situation, sometimes elements need to removed individually..

happens when you overlay several BETA's - some components are over-written..
    then when it comes to a total removal or a reverse to a much earlier driver, bits get removed in the wrong order..

Warning: the AMD complete removal tool is VERY AGGRESSIVE, to the point where it will even reset your BIOS
    - I'd hesitate to attempt using it without doing a lot of reading first..

BTW, if you succeed with a complete removal, you could retry the 13.1 WHQL again..
    - it's a stable driver and should work with your card..

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  13. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    I had the same problem and had to reinstall the OS because nothing worked, Dixdiag, Steam, Catalyst, Flash even System Restore failed.

14. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    More fps..

My fps has gone up a few points in Borderlands 2 and feels more fluid. Slightly less sharp in quality perhaps. Trifire gpu utilization is also scaling much better!

15. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Reset your BIOS?...what bull ****.

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

While trying to install OS X on my old laptop, the bootloader would reset my BIOS.

As highly unlikely as his situation might be, don't be surprised if it really does happen. To be fair though, I too really don't see how that's possible, unless the utility is uninstalling some driver that the BIOS relies on or something, and as a safety precaution, resets itself if something is wrong.

17. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    I have only tried these drivers in Borderlands 2 and not for very long so I cannot draw any solid conclusions yet however they seem to be either the same or slightly mroe fluid than Beta 5, they do not seem any worse for sure, so far.

18. Predator

Predator Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 OC mini-ITX
    Having randomly crashes in BF3 with these drivers :/ , also the game suddenly enters in window mode without any reason, rolled back to Beta 5 and everything fine again

Didn't try any other games as Bf3 is the only one i'm playing at the moment so i cannot comment upon other games so far

19. nzweers

nzweers Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 980Ti iChill Ultra
    Yes, beta 5 has an OpenCL error. That is why SVP is crashing.

20. 1bit

1bit Active Member

GPU:
    7970 / Samsung SA27950D
    Ah nice to know I'm not the only one. I'll give beta 5 another go.