AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA 5 (12.100.17.0 February 2)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. dncollins64

dncollins64 Guest

GPU:
    HIS 7970
    I haven't always done that; I have used ATI Man before. However, I'm not real comfortable with that. I read the horror stories people have had with putting in new drivers and I just want to be sure there is no conflict or nothing removed that shouldn't have been.

As the poster above said about wiping his drive every month, it's something that I would be doing anyway although every month is a bit too much for me (although that is probably better than every six months or so, I just don't really have the time to do it every month). Crap starts to build up no matter how careful you are.

2. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    I usually use DriverFusion. Works everytime.

3. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    Love this Driver.

I never bothered testing other beta releases in the 13 series but jumping straight into Beta 5, from 12.11, I found the black square artifacts that were appearing in Metro (windows 8 start screen) whilst the 2d clock is idle (150/300), are no longer there!

This was the original thread - http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=370988&highlight=square

Before this driver, to solve I had to push up the memory clock to 650mhz, any lower speed and the issue was still there.

Well done to the Driver release team, Cheers AMD!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

You wipe your system every month? What for ?

5. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Just like in windows 7.. go to the control panel and then to program and features. Then use the AMD Catalyst Installation Manager.

6. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    [​IMG]

- er, which driver version is this..??
    - I've rolled back and forth so many times, these last few days..

- lost track..:frown:

can anyone enlighten me?

BTW - this driver crashes FC3 to a black-screen lock-up..

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    looks like beta3. same one im on.

8. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    Yeah we didnt pay 4 to 500 dollars for a video card to play direct x 9 games at 30 fps wtf visceral. Fortunatly d3d overrider takes care of the fps prob....

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    hmmm this BETA 5 gives me pixelated flashing (looks like artifacting) in Black Ops 2???

Anyone else confirm?

10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Yeah known issue. Take the beta 4 files, find the AMD extracted folder, and expand them with the cmd prompt, like "expand.exe atiumdag.dl_ atiumdag.dll , expand atiumd64.dl_ atiumd64.dll, atidxx32.dl_ atidxx32.dll, atidxx64.dl_ atidxx64.dll " then take those and throw them into the same EXE folder as the black ops 2 multiplayer launcher. That should fix the problem.

just confirmed the bug with beta 5. have beta 4 installed, extracted those 4 beta 5 driver files (which were already expanded btw, thanks AMD!), threw them in the game folder and yep, pixilated guns. Problem exists somewhere in the ATIUMDAG/D64 files most likely.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Thanks for confirming this was going to retest with stock clocks but other games are fine and I rerun kombuster to make sure my overclock hadnt gone bad and its all fine.

Might just rollback to BETA4 then and wait for BETA6

12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    epic problem here...some times clocks with overdrive are reseting without notice (!) ,

anyone else.? i dunno why that happens, but i didn't do anything wrong, i am stable with all benchmarks and 3dmark..temps i am fine 100% usage both cards under 60 C... :) lol

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    if the GPU does a thermal reset, it will put the clocks/voltage back to stock.

check the event viewer

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Does it happen in 2D mode?

15. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    - cheers, The Mac..:thumbup:

..have abandoned playing FC3 for the moment
    ..anyone know if there is a workaround for the black-out..?

- the Beta3 driver runs BattleField3 really well, though..
    - the Armoured Kill add-in runs beautifully - lovely scenery..!!

- also Skyrim plays well with the Dragonborn-enhanced gfx..

16. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    Can anyone confirm if this driver works properly with HD7970 and W7 64-bit in Rage, Stalker CoP and Metro 2033?

I had terrible flicker with previous beta in Rage when I uninstalled it and tried to put 12.10 back Steam, CCC and DxDiag would all crash. System restore failed as well. I had to reinstall the OS.

17. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    I have rage I will check tomorrow to see how it is with these drivers, I have only had time to test with Borderlands 2 atm - which seems OK, about as OK as Borderlands 2 can get.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I abandoned playing FC3 a long time ago. The game is completely unoptimised on consoles and PC.

PC has insane amounts of stutter, stupid frame drops no matter what the settings. AA is a complete and utter no go as it destroys fps even with newer drivers. Unless I play the game with everything on Medium, no AA, I cant play it and I still get stutter as well.

On the other hand, 13.2 betas have fixed my stutter in Skyrim which is awesome!

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Have you installed the latest patch?
    I had a lot of trouble too with crashes etc but discovered it was my overclock causing it....dropped the GPU to 1100/1500 and now it runs pretty good.
    All settings on high/ultra 4xAA DX11 I'm getting about 35-45fps. Doesn't sound like a lot but the game runs smooth at that frame rate. GPU is stuck at 100% when playing and never drops...

Using 13.2 b5 btw.

20. Sinean

Sinean Active Member

GPU:
    xfx 7900 xt
    3dmark firestorm with catalyst 13.2 beta 5 crashes every time. Works fine with 13.1 and 13.2 up to beta 4. Driver sweeped and reinstalled still have the issue but all my games run fine with beta 5.