AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA 3 (12.100.17.0 January 28)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 29, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

But, noticing flickering was just an added challenge to games! Such fun seems to be gone now... haha

Can't wait to try these drivers in Windows (on Linux atm) :)

2. bolan

bolan Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 7950 @ 950
    I dont think so. I had 12.11 b11 on, now with the latest drivers, BC2 runs smoother. Great driver, IMO.

3. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
    It just gets better even on my 5970s.

4. Kabukiman

Kabukiman New Member

GPU:
    8gb
    Can anyone with a trinity apu confirm what video quality settings are available to you? I only have deinterlacing available when I used to have all of the options available

5. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Actually I have all of those options available with my 5650m on betas (including this one) or leaked ones but just half of it with official Mobility drivers, so I don't know which one is more 'right'.
    Besides, having the options available doesn't always mean it's having any effect whatsoever; TwL might be able to confirm this if he's still around.

6. Voodoo54

Voodoo54 Active Member

GPU:
    Builtin
    Can anyone tell whether these drivers support Club3d 7870 XT Joker or not

7. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

Still they didn't fix Photoshop CS6 flickering :(

8. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    So there are improvements to 5xxx? Because I tried benching with 3DMark11 and for some reason it wouldn't fire up with 13.2b3 on there, but I ran another bench of that giant cat thing and compared to when I last ran it (around a month ago) it got a way better score... but I didn't know whether it was relevant or not. Glad to know it is :)

9. djsebfr

djsebfr Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    Score 3dmark 11 withe CFX 7950 :

P12357 versus P12337 with 13.2 UnB.

Guildwars 2 runs better, but only between 40 and 60fps, vsynch Off.

10. Offler2

Offler2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    After fullscale tests I performed I can confirm that Black flickering is fixed with this driver.

11. Predator

Predator Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 OC mini-ITX
    Does anyone else having issues while playing youtube videos with this driver?

so far i tried BF3 and it runs smooth and flawlessy but suddenly i tried a youtube video and the image went completely messed up, the system didn't hang however and i still could listen the audio but i couldn't recover the image anymore, it didn't pop up any error message either, i had to reboot and tried again, same issue happened

i had no more time to try if mpc or kmplayer behaves the same, maybe it's some compatibility issue with either adobe flash or firefox (i have yet to try this with google chrome)

but so far with the latest adobe flash player version and latests firefox version i'm having this issue

other than that the drivers are doing great performance at least on BF3

cheers

12. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Try disabling hardware acceleration in Flash.
    Check previous page for my post on how to do it.

13. olymind1

olymind1 Active Member

GPU:
    RX570 8GB Nitro+
    Diablo 3 seems to perform worse and worse with each new drivers. With some older driver there were no problem with fullscreen mode, then i had to switch to windowed fullscreen mode to maintain smooth gameplay, and now with this driver even windowed fullscreen mode is laggy, not to mention fullscreen mode.

14. Predator

Predator Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 OC mini-ITX
    do'h, shame on me i missed that page, i didn't notice it was already addressed

i'll give it a try when i get back home later on, i have been using nVidia cards till i recently grabbed my new Sapphire 7970 and it's been long time since i don't deal with AMD drivers

curious thing though i previously installed the latest beta of 12.11 and also 13.1 set and this didn't happen? :3eyes:

on a side note those drivers were used while i was trying windows 8 pro, i didn't like it and i rolled back to windows 7 then installed the 13.2 BETA 3 and run into this issue

anyway thank you very much for your help, k1net1cs :)

cheers

15. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    I can confirm smooth gameplay in Skyrim, GTAIV and Mafia2. Later i will test more games.

16. Crazed Weevil

Crazed Weevil New Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX 5870 1Gb CF'd
    Forgot about the frame limiter on Skyrim...that seemed to fix both the stuttering and most of the flickering (just a little on the face is still there).

Tried Supertile mode as well which fixes the flicker completely and smooths things out a lot, but causes all the colours to change so it looks like my character is on LSD :)

17. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This new frame latency thing is brilliant, games are indeed much more smoother, makes the whole gameplay experience a whole lot better.

18. kevnb

kevnb Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    its alot of games, must be something fixed non game specific. I tried a bunch of games that stuttered or just felt sluggish before, and all of them feel alot better.

19. Real_GM

Real_GM New Member

GPU:
    Visiontek 290 X3
    Hi, I have 4 major items: 1. Video Quality 2. Video Demo Mode 3. Deinterlacing 4. Video Playback.

So I have everything listed in the catalyst control center

On a 4600M w 7670m.

20. hitman1303

hitman1303 Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 3 gig dead!
    Do u need to still install CAP 2 after installing this driver?