1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA 3 (12.100.17.0 January 28)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 29, 2013.

Tags:
  1. abollo

abollo Member

GPU:
    HD7970
    better sell them 7970´s and wait for NVIDIA´s TITAN !

50% faster than GTX680

Release ; February :):banana:

2. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ Vega 64
    I use the same username NAZ2222, EU server as well :D
    (Added you to contact list)
    Sure let's pown gold noobs, my pantherII needs XP ahah

Never experienced any of that, have you tried disabling Crossfire? Do you have radeon pro? It messed my game one time I've used it. maybe worth the look

By the way, you say that SweetFx makes it work, it seems problem with d3dll :s maybe check the main and res folders for leftovers of any injector (check if any mod isint properly installed in the 8.3 res mod folder also)

Good luck

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    What is your fps and are you running any mods? For comparison to my rig

Are you running skyrim with vsync off? If I turn it off in the .ini file the physics go freakin nuts and sometimes when entering a room the objects on the tables and shelves start flying around? Is there a fix to this I am not aware of? Also are you running any mods? 90+ fps is really good if your using a lot of mods. With my Extreme ENB graphics mod, 2k textures for almost everything, more grass and trees mod, smoke/fog mod, water texture mod, and running the game with 8xAA and 16xAF I get 60fps a lot of the time but it dips to low 40's when looking out into the distance thats got a lot of trees, buildings, etc.

5739MB is BOTH cards memory combined. You have to halve that which is 2869.5MB, that is what the game is actually using. As both cards 3GB of VRAM is mirrored from one card to the other so its basically the same pool of memory. It happened to me as well when I had Crossfire 7970's Battlefield 3 using Afterburner would read something like 3400MB+/-

4. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    try RP and set skyrim to supertile mode for cf, also try the frame limiter I have had many people tell me that works well.....(the frame limiter/vsync/tb stuff) the supertile mode is something I have found to work in games where AFR sucks/has issues. (note use the rp preview builds not official full ver)

5. Illnino

Illnino Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Yeah im aware of that, just close to the limit is all, havent had anything go close at 1440p

6. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Flickering is gone in Dead Space on Windows 8. I am assuming it is because forced Vsync is actually working now.

7. abollo

abollo Member

GPU:
    HD7970
    ...with 6870 you had flickering ?!

8. ankinferno

ankinferno Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    ThnX asder00 for the driver Update...

and as currently seeing with this driver.. there is a decrease in the MAX FPS count on almost all the Games but the most good part of it is that now Games are running Much much more Smooth .. and I would not mind to loose 3/4 MAX FPS for a smoother Game Play..

Nice Driver for me, Thank You AMD.

9. milktree

milktree Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780TI GHZ x2
    i certainly hope so, performance is garbage. even with manually setting the crossfire profile to crysis3.exe. the crossfire mode that helps my FPS the most is AFR friendly, but it causes unplayable visual glitches.

10. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Are flickerings in Witcher 2 gone with 13.2b3 ?

11. Offler2

Offler2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    Witcher 2

Those which were typical for HD 7000 series are completely gone.

Those which persisted were also reproduced using Nvidia graphic card so those are related to game.

12. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ITX 3GB
    half/full FP is a setting meant to be used with its internal decoder and the performance can't match 'external' stuff. (so rather a bug it was more users' fault - stay hungry, stay INFORMED) Stick with madVR for x86 and LAV Filters for x64 builds (disabling all internal source filters for both, and selecting basic EVR, non-custom!, for the latter because madVR is also a renderer). How-to? Plenty of them around the net ;)

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    HD7970: Path of Exile - Rare (one frame per 10 minutes) flickering is gone.

14. Gizmo

Gizmo Member Guru

GPU:

Not running that many Mods mostly NPC/Skin/weapon/armor & Texture replacement's with a few Env improvement mods (trees/grass ect) ive played with ENB but im still trying to find (or tweak) a preset to my liking for general gameplay,the DOF looks great for screenshots but there's no way i could play with it looking like that 100% of the time.

As for the Vsync/mad physic's you need to force windows to stop using both
    Time Stamp Counter and PM Timer and force it to use the PM Timer only

Post with info below (look for the HPET Tweak! section)

Edit: I had to link to a post i made at NVnews about this with a link to the proper link as the main link is getting censored

LINK

That will stop the physic's madness and allow you to run without v-sync

Laters
    Gizmo

Seem to have found a fix for the ME3 issue with 13.2(3) adding 10% to power limit in afterburner seems (sofar) to have removed the checker boarding,very strange as i didn't have the issue at all in 12.11......

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  15. srbo

srbo Member

GPU:
    4Gig
    Did they fix the "microstutter framelatency" problem?

16. V1tol

V1tol Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    *facepalm.jpg*

You are from group of people, which "I do write, i do not read"? 1st post didn't tell you anything? And almost 3 pages of people reporting smooth gameplay.

OMG, where you come from... :bang:

17. w0mbat

w0mbat Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7870
    Borderlands 2 is FIXED! No stuttering, just smooth aiming and nothing more :) Perfect!

18. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Good timing, my 7970 arrived today (though still haven't got most other parts =( )

19. xacid0

xacid0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Download ATIGPUScalingFix-Win7 here.

20. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Yes , for 7xxx cards in 3 games.