AMD Catalyst 13.2 BETA (12.100.0 January 1) Unofficial

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6800
    I'm trying out the Beta driver on my main rig, no benchmark or anything like that, just games. So far, I've played a couple of levels of Dead Space 2 and my fave level in BF3, 'Going Hunting'. Glad to report that both seem to be playing nice with this beta driver. On the Going Hunting level, @5760x1200, max setting (4xMSAA + Ultra), I see FR between 70+fps to well clear of 100fps. I did try Crysis 2 btw, I think there may be an issue, it doesn't feel as smooth as when I had the 12.11 B11 driver.,,,,at the same setting.

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  3. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    actually, I meant 12.11b11 - oops

the CPU usage in CCC only starts after you launch a game. If you alt-tab out and then go into task manager, it shows 13.1% cpu usage.

4. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Thanks Hilbert!

------------

Do not use any cap with this driver, the one already inside is more newer than 12.11 cap2.

Heres the differencies between the cap in this driver and the 12.11 cap2, so you can test these games and check for improvement:

3dMark Vantage (cfx)
    Battle Forge (cfx)
    Aliens Vs Predator (cfx)
    Lost Planet 2 (cfx)
    F1 2012 (cfx)
    3DMark 11 (cfx)
    Crysis 2 (cfx)
    Battlefield 3 (cfx)
    Dirt Showdown (cfx)
    Crysis 3 (unreleased)
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter (cfx)
    Tomb Raider (unreleased)
    Nexuiz (cfx)
    Blacklight: Retribution (cfx)
    FarCry 3 (single card)
    Skyrim (cfx & single card)
    GuildWars 2 (cfx & single card)
    Borderlands 2 (cfx & single card)
    Rise of the Triad (unreleased)

5. Ntavanos

Ntavanos New Member

GPU:
    MSI R5770 HAWK 1Gb
    Hi everyone and thanks asder00.
    Just tested GW2 with 12.11 cap2 and this driver and i can say that it runs so @!@!@ smooth :D
    Without the 12.11 cap2 it doesnt run so good.Just saying.

6. asder00

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Hey, :) thats probably because in this particular driver changes were made to gw2 for fixing the latency problems with 79xx cards, so maybe this made thing worse for other cards.
    http://techreport.com/review/24218/a-driver-update-to-reduce-radeon-frame-times/4

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hmm, so I installed the 12.11 cap with 13.2, but I uninstalled the CAP a little while ago. This should be fine right? The cap that 13.2 has will be used instead now? Or would I have to reinstall the driver entirely?

8. asder00

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Yes only a reboot is needed.

9. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    well my experience wasnt so saucy...installed..rebooted....fired up bf3...my browser was uncharacteristically slow..and considering its on an SSD...anything short of instant, is slow. But the webpage hung for prolly 30 secs....then in game....very smooth....smoothest Ive ever seen it....but then after about5 mins of playing...CTD. and the browser hung as well afterwards, so I uninstalled it. I hope after the beta stage the performance is still there, thats one sweet driver with potential....it just sucks that this beta didnt like my system...:) definately looking forward to an official one of these ones, and its been a while since I've looked forward to a driver release, esp from AMD...I think they have a winner this time :) at least for BF3 in my opinion :) *pretty much all I ever play*

10. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    most gw2 issues are due to the current state of the gw2 engine, Anet made some very poor choices when developing gw2.

1. dx9 rather then 11(because they wanted to sell the game to people whos systems are running xp still, even tho they cant really run it properly...)

2. they went with umbra for occlusion culling and rely on it WAY to much, if you ever see what the map looks like in areas they dont expect you to get to, you see alot of visable surfaces that are multi layers of rocks/terrain over rocks/terrain, they know this is an issue and are still working on it....

3. the games dependant on 1 thread for video performance, it has like 46 threads but theres 1 heavy thread that holds everything else back, this is why people with high end intel chips still have perf issues just like AMD users do.

4. the games 32bit without PAE, so its very limited on ram it can use....

word is they are "working on" a dx11 update but thats months out if not more...they are working on perf issues.....still thats months out im sure.....

Still, I was in the WoW beta and.....it was worse on launch then gw2 was, and anet are doing a better job getting stuff fixed then blizzard did with WoW on launch.......Give them time, they will get things worked out eventually.....

11. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Yes thanks ZealotKi11er and Guru3D for hosting..

12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

GW2's executable is LAA, just checked mine.

13. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega64 Nit
    Tried on Far Cry 3 and Hitman Absolution and I can say there is visible improvement towards 12.11 Beta11.
    Thanks asder00 and thanks AMD ; good job guys

14. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
  15. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    they must have added that since the last time i checked, they have been being pushed pretty hard by alot of us to get with the times, i mean, its 2013 and they are still using dx9c.....an API released August 6, 2004, rather then a modern api that could not only improve perf but also gfx quality.

From what some of us can figure out from things the anet people have said, this could be because they have been considering a console version of gw2, and since current gen consoles are dx9 level hardware......

also they wanted to capatialize on the market of people who either cant or wont upgrade to windows 7....

also note: properly done dx11 can still benefit people running dx9 and 10 hardware, things like driver level multithreading still works, and dx11 can simply disable or run in software those features that the hardware dosnt support(im in a couple beta's that do this now)

oh well, anet will do what anet will do.....just seems silly to me that they didnt go dx11, sure they would have lost some sales to xp users(who for the most part really cant run the game properly anyway) but they would have gained sales and been able to push the fact they where using modern hardware to its fullest......:/

well its lunch time, im gonna eat :D

16. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    what a stupid site to filter......ws gf is a very helpful place in my exp.....cant count how many times they have had the info i needed to fix a game problem on widescreen monitors......

17. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    usually the filters exist because theirs been some trash talking somewhere in the past.

18. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Content removed because trolling and insulting other users is tolerated for some people in this forum. I do not stay in places where such behaviour is tolerated and everything I did in such places is removed.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  19. kurtferro

kurtferro Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    i think you have some problem on your windows, never seen what you saying:

[​IMG]

one question: Are 78xx series affected from memory latency?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  20. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    I posted this in the 13.1 WHQL thread, but is there any chance of somehow utilising that HDMI audio fix on the 13.2 beta?