AMD Catalyst 13.12 WHQL (13.251.0.0 December 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MoKiChU, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII 16 GB
    My SLI experieces where superb, with allmost zero problems, powerfull, flexible and reliable.

With crossfire the most basic funtions often allready fail. But, the hardware is so great.. It's a shame these wonderfull GPU's are plaged by this incompetent software (forced AA what's that?), really...such a shame..

If the hardware wasn't so great, I wouldn't even looking at it...

2. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    We will know by looking at the driver size. :)

3. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hold your horses with the Mantle nonsense. If it was ready, I am sure AMD would go big about it, and IT media woul be full of it.

4. koniu

koniu Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070 SJS
    So far 2h on this driver and everything is stable on 7790. I have win 8.1 x64

No crashes when using acceleration in browser or watching movie.
    Memory clocks also changing properly. So far they don`t stuck at max after using acceleration.

It look good. In older drivers my system was crashing every 5 minutes

5. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Is this some sort of weird merge thread?
    When reading the thread, page one indicates this is the Dec. 6 false alarm we already know about. When viewing the thread title from the general forum, the titles of the threads reads correctly with Dec. 18.

Spooky.

EDIT: confirmed, this is some sort of botched merge thread.

6. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    This is a WHQL package, so the driver is supposed to be much older vs the release/leaked date.

The Mantle driver is probably going to be a Beta, just so they can get the most updated stuff out there without waiting for Microsoft's certification.

7. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I have a Second GPU 99% bug with these(Battlefield 4). I did complete driver cleanup twice. Nothing helped. Back To 13.11 9.5.

8. AudiTuner

AudiTuner Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte 7950
    From my understanding disabling ULPS will fix this, it has in my case.

It seems like every new driver will have the second GPU 99% issue every few restarts on my system, regardless of how I wipe the previous drivers (DDU, etc.).

There are a few different free and easy to use programs on the internet to disable ULPS. I disable ULPS every time I install a new driver now. Try using one of them, it should solve your problem. :)

9. kevnb

kevnb Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    I used to be die hard nvidia, until I could no longer update drivers for my 460. Every new driver caused crashes and freezes, and battlefield 4 wouldn't work without the new drivers. Im not talking about things being broke for a month, this went on for months before I just gave up. I've had issues with amd drivers before, but they were game specific... nvidia drivers completely broke my PC. Now with my 7950 everything works pretty damn smoothly, kudos to amd for finally fixing frame latency issues that kept me away in the past.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Umm Mantle doesn't allow the utilization of each card independently, where did you read that? You'd still be using Alternate Frame Rendering with Mantle.

You could...erm report the problems to AMD? Or sell your cards?

I'm sure swearing up and down will make VSync or whatever work again. I'm honestly beginning to think PEBKAC but I'll hold off on that judgment.

11. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII 16 GB
    Me too, and they are very value, but I haven't got a chance yet to use them normally without problems. I can understand some games have problems with new hardware, but these wide spread issue's like not properly functioning v-sync after three drivers in a row are beyond any accetable level.

Hopefully some more promising beta's are on the way..

12. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII 16 GB
    Yeah PEBKAC at "Toronto's headquarters" I think.

This issue is allready (v-sync+crossfire) acknowledged by AMD en several reviewers (hardOCP )btw.

13. jaju123

jaju123 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N_6CAneoW-0#t=1411

At this time, johan andersson (frostbite developer) says AFR is possible but you can also use a graphics pipeline on each GPU with separate memory

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    We're not yet there. non-AFR CrossFire modes have potential issues that would need to be ironed out with or without Mantle. It's mostly a workload distribution + parallelization issue. Both cards might have to render geometry too, or similar.

15. Trino D

Trino D Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 Ti
    Fixed

Vsync is once again working for me maybe it's a problem with just the R series now, have just tested a few Dx9 games Dmc/Skyrim/Bl2/fonv and had no issues at all with these drivers.

tested on HD 7970 xfire

i have not yet tested Ac4 but from what i understood the broken vsync was exclusive to dx9 & crossfire, however ac4 does not use a triple buffer which causes frames to bounce between 60 and 30 fps. which may be your problem?

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Gonna test these tomorrow with my new card. :)

17. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII 16 GB
    Will try asap..

18. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    They need to update their web then, because when you click through the menus, you end up http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64 here.
    You actually end up on the beta page.

If you just select Win8/7 latest driver, it takes you to what I linked.

So no, not official just yet.

19. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII 16 GB
    Yeah they aren't listed :confused:

Well, maybe I just install the releasenotes...

20. DotLoose

DotLoose New Member

GPU:
    Saphire R7 260x OC Editio
    Can someone tell me if they fixed r7 260x crash issues on Windows 8.1 x64 ?