AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA8 (13.250.18.0 October 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Espionage724, Oct 28, 2013.

1. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I think i will give up on any another 13.11 betas, 13.11 beta 1 is perfect for my games and as i see another betas are providing only optimizations for bf4 with which i'm not interested.

2. Ltmatt

Ltmatt Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS Ice-Q 7950 Crossfire
    I wish AMD could give me a driver that would give smooth performance on BF4. Not sure if its a buggy game issue, a driver issue involving frame pacing, or most likely a bit of both.

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Yeah but your 7950s aren't THAT much faster than a 290X. They ARE quite faster, don't get me wrong. But this graph does show something important.

I'm running 2x 7970 at 1440p so my performance is pretty similar to the 290X @ 1200p.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, don't know, it's hard to say how much faster 7950 cf is compared to the 290x atm, but in benches, 7950 cf scores some 3-4k more points in graphics score in 3dmark11/fire strike. That to me is quite some margin yasa. again, these are no real life tests of course.

5. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    but a question: isn't HBAO better handled by Nvidia?

6. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Yes. But there is no HDAO in bf4, which is for amd cards.
    And ssao is a middle road of those.
    To be fair, i didn't really noticed any performance differences in farcry3 with hbao and hdao.
    There was some differences in the grass though.
    HBAO for bf4 is fine on any card, and with the upcoming mantle it should behave even better.

7. asgerlycke

asgerlycke New Member

GPU:
    7970m 2gb
    What is that "upcoming mantle" all talk about it?

8. GranPez

GranPez Member

GPU:
    Hd 7790 1Gb Dual-X Oc
    For my Sapphire Hd 7790 1Gb Dual-X Oc the best catalyst is 13.4.

Catalyst 13.9: very bad
    Catalyst 13.11 b2-b8: very bad

Catalyst 13.11 b1: work fine, but "Stuck (1600 mhz) GPU memory clock bug" and Idle ºT card is higher (38 ºC). With 13.4 Idle ºT card is 32 ºC.

****ing AMD. I should have bought Gtx 650 ti :bang:

9. temo

temo Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Sorry, single player benchmarks are useless for this game. It generally runs fine, which is nice, but since no one buys BF4 for that terrible mode there isn't much point running benchmarks when the multi performs completely different.

The benchmarks from the beta are a little better (but obviously not optimized) since they're online only. I haven't seen any updated ones from the current version of the game.

[​IMG]

10. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    BF4 will launch a patch in december with mantle support, which would relieve the cpu from certain tasks, thus improving overall performance for amd cards (read: more fps).

11. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Master Guru

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    This Driver for some reason didn't work out so well for me a few issues.
    Was previously on 13.5

Issue 1 my FPS while browsing in chrome feels really yuck and not as smooth as it was before.

Issue 2 and the main on Battlefield 4 is now crashing as soon as i spawn.
    Anyone else got this issue its so frigging frustrating thinking i mite just throw in my GTX 570.

12. gruia

gruia Member

GPU:
    MSI 260x OC
    I guess its official, Some1 has to poke AMD and tell them their support for 7790 260x is in dire need of attention

13. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rx580 Pulse 8Gb
    Indeed +1

14. GranPez

GranPez Member

GPU:
    Hd 7790 1Gb Dual-X Oc
    Todavía seguís renegando con los drivers de la 7790 :smile:?
    Que rabia que tengo, todavía no encontré un driver como la gente después del 13.4, aunque tiene algunos problemas. Tendría que haber esperado y haber comprado la Gtx 650 ti o la 7850.

P.D: te conozco del foro toxico-pc.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  15. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I guess you are saying that you are also having issues with 7790, after version 13.4.
    Yes, in this thread many people has posted about 7790 issues, someone at the AMD need to knowing about this, as it depend on you can using new feature on your 7790 in newer driver or not, like the unknown quality True Audio that will be supported by some new game that coming soon.:)

16. GranPez

GranPez Member

GPU:
    Hd 7790 1Gb Dual-X Oc
    Thanks for your comment!

17. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390
    I installed the Beta 8 drivers last night and only to discover that my Memory clock at idle isn't what it was with Beta 7.

With Beta 7 it was running at the full 1300MHz rather than the idle 150MHz that I got from Beta 1,3 and 8, so now the temperature sits at 28 degrees Celsius to 30 degrees Celsius idle which is what it should be running at really. So yeah that's a nice improvement I guess.

I'm not getting any BSOD's with Beta 7-8 that I was getting with Beta 3 so I guess that's either a hit or miss with different cards, etc. There is also different variations of problems so hopefully they can buff all of those issues out before a Non-Beta Driver can be considered.

18. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Those are probably all singleplayer benchmarks, and just like in bf3.. 64 player mp is where older and weaker cpus will crumble.

19. omagic

omagic Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 1080
    Well this betas changed only 1 thing. Now i get game crashes more often:bang:

Something isnt right here, while running bf4 with 2 cards i get very nice overall fps but a lot of fps drops,/stuttering specialy when some1 shoots at me or some big explotions... It doesnt happen with 1 card. Also i didnt touch settings the are left on auto with everything @high...

Also some low fps in some random situations even without a visible reasons...

I wonder how is it possible that they showed the game at e3 on basically same cpu i have and also running cfx with full 64 players and it looked super smooth...

20. sekta

sekta Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    13.11 Beta 1 and every previous driver works properly but above that I get instant BSOD and then I can't get into the OS without a atikmpag.sys BSOD. Have to go safe mode and uninstall and revert back to 13.11 beta 1 or previous.