AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 9.5 (13.250.18.0 November 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
  2. cenxuebin

cenxuebin New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5870
  3. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Ext 1080ti
    Arf... I'm going to try anyway but you destroyed all hopes i had lol.
    This stuttering/jump is driving me crazy :cyclone:

Edit : Yep, issue still present :bang:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

5. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Yup same here, tried the memory clock mod, but still no love. :(
    Maybe its just my imagination, but with this beta it doesnt seem to happen as often :/

6. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    7790 working good? or have problems?

7. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek R9 290X
    Do you guys think/know if Mantle will improve "CPU performance?" I ask because my i7 920 isn't cutting it in BF4, and was wondering if Mantle will only benefit the GPU. ...However I should note that most of the cores/HT on my i7 seem to be running below 20% usage, which seems oddsauce :3eyes:

8. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX R9 295x2
    i7 920 @ 3.7Ghz should be plenty for BF4... Something else is wrong there.

P.S. Turn off HT in the BIOS as well as the low power state features...

9. JohnLai

JohnLai Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 3.5+0.5GB

Currently using Sapphire R7 260X. The 2D flickering issue still happen with this v9.5

When the 2D flicker gets too serious, it will trigger event "driver has stopped responding and recovered etc", in which if you try to run any 3D games after the event, those 3D game will lag and gpu-z will report max VRAM and GPU core utilization. Only Windows restart will restore the behaviour back to normal. As long as the driver recovery event is NOT triggered by the 2D flicker issue, those 3D intensive game will run just fine.

13.10 WHQL doesn't have any problem.

Been making a lot of report to AMD Feedback Survey stuff. Not much hope.

10. kevnb

kevnb Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    trolling? just because with console you get what you get, doesn't mean its perfect.

11. kevnb

kevnb Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    I think it will benefit mostly the cpu, and maybe some other issues. The big overhead of direct x is on the cpu.

12. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Quite the contrary actually, the more I read about Mantle, the more it becomes obvious to me that the main goal there was to get rid of the old clutter/legacy stuff that Direct3D/OpenGL is plagued with in regards with rendering, processing, etc, on the CPU side, and this has been going on since SGI first came up according to the lead guy on Mantle for AMD.

Yes, Mantle will make use of every single ounce of GPU power from GCN cards, but the main goal there was to start from scratch in regards with CPU rendering, and the whole CPU-GPU relationship (the CPU will no longer have to spoon feed the GPU).

13. GranPez

GranPez Member

GPU:
    Hd 7790 1Gb Dual-X Oc
    Definitely Hd 7790 is the "Card of the Dead" :bonk:

Bonaire Xt chip is the problem. Thank you very much Amd!

14. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    Is this speaking of AMD CPUs specifically, or will Mantle benefit Intel CPUs, as well?

15. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    True, but that doesn't necessarily equate to a problem-free game. Heck, that same rationale could be used for the Vietnam and Iraq wars, as well ;)

What do you mean by "not cutting it"? What FPS are you getting, and on what quality settings?

Does disabling HT really make a difference? Or is it more of a per-basis diagnostic, to rule out potential issues/conflict?

16. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek R9 290X
    BF4 doesn't stutter anymore with HT enabled (especially when I use gametime.maxvariablefps 60), why would I want to disable HT now that the stuttering is fixed? ...I thought BF4 [just like BF3] took advantage of my HTs.

p.s. All low power states are off (at least I'm 90% sure they are) :banana:

...I run all my Geometry at LOW, because (regardless of Geometry settings) 3 or 4 particular maps [in very specific locations], always causes my CPU gets all pissed off, giving me less than 60FPS. But in other maps, I can run ULTRA Mesh no problem. Seige of Shanghi is a great example of a level that runs sub-60 all the time when I look in the direction of that center tower (standing or destroyed).

17. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    It will benefit all CPUs mate :)

18. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX R9 295x2
    In my experience, if you turn HT off you avoid some nasty potential conflicts with games (Old and new) and your temps will be lower. You still will have the 4 physical cores, so BF4 and other games that support multi-threading can use your other physical cores.

19. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek R9 290X
    OK so I just tested Saints Row 3! And after testing my new 290 versus my old 2x5870's, I am now able to run HIGH Geometry with 8xMSAA!

So apparently my 2x5870's were holding back my i7 920 @ 3.7GHz!

...But SR3 is a different game from BF4. ...BF4 has some seriously unoptimized areas in it's MP maps which run awfully. Even in a few particular areas of BF3, I had to have my geometry set at low to get 60+fps.

20. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    So far looks like I can game with ULPS enabled and my second gpu is not going to 99% usage every time I enter a game :). Makes me a very happy man. I only tested bf4. Went on the test range and I'm so happy now. hope it's fixed for sure.