AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 9.5 (13.250.18.0 November 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    Can anyone confirm whether disabling hyperthreading is likely to boost game(s) performance or not? If so, is it a case-by-case basis, or would it generally boost most games' performance?

Besides a program like Photoshop, what are some other programs that would benefit from hyperthreading being enabled? I've always just sort of assumed it was just better in general to keep it enabled, but if disabling it would boost games' performance, I think I'll take that over any possible boost in the odd/rare program like Photoshop.

2. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    Don't disable it. Just disable core parking.

3. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    ^Just like what's he said.

4. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    Gimme new driver with mantle support pleaseeee :banana:

5. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Might as well ask here, because why not? I'm having a problem only recently where all my games are using 100% of a single CPU core on my i5-2500K. Even basic games like Outrun 2 and Pinball Arcade are maxing it out for some reason. Could this be a video thing, like the CPU being forced to handle graphic effects or something?

Seems like it's only started happening with this current driver, but even rolling back a few versions it's kept on doing it.

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

My opinion probably means nothing (haven't tried it myself), but if my understanding of HT is right, it takes real cores and cuts them in half.

That sounds great for programs that are heavily multithreaded, but bad for anything else. I imagine a good quad core would be fine for majority of games anyway, as-opposed to 8 weaker cores. There's maybe a handful of games that properly handle multithreading past 4 cores. Same with programs. I've also heard of HT being recommended to be turned off a good bit.

I'd say test it out yourself though.

Why?

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Just downloaded this driver from AMD's site; the filesize differs between the Sapphire/Guru3D one (around a 40MB difference). Just something to note.

8. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I guess you want to post on the 13.12 WHQL thread.

Anything about which file is difference/gone?

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Far cry profile hugely reduces flickering for me, doesn't completely remove it though. Only tried one map, Paracel Storm

10. SpdyRobi

SpdyRobi Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 SLI
    How do you change the profile to far cry?

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    in CCC go Gaming>3D Application settings>+Add>navigate to BF4.exe>click ok, confirm you want to overwrite the default profile>scroll down to AMD CrossfireX and bellow Frame Pacing you'll seeAMD CrossFire mode.

Navigate to the Far Cry 3 profile

12. SpdyRobi

SpdyRobi Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 SLI
    Thanks for the help bud

EDIT: Doesn't help still have screwed up graphics, I'll just use one card until they patch it

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  13. Remedy

Remedy Member

GPU:
    I think you can remove this thread from sticky because 13.12 WHQL is 13.11 9.5 beta WHQL version so...

14. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    @remedy : 13.11 beta 9.5 is still widely used, and no need to ask to remove sticky, besides the one that decides whether to sticky or unsticky a thread is the moderators, not the users.

i still remember that in the past, there are 3 or 5 driver thread stickied.

except for useful thread, like DDU, it finally got stickied after it proves itself, and also after a lot of people asking why is it not stickied.