AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 9.2 (13.250.18.00 November 7)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Espionage724, Nov 8, 2013.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    I prefer to use both when possible, MSAA via the game itself when available and then SMAA via RadeonPro.
    (If the game just has postAA such as FXAA I turn it off completely and rely on SMAA only.)

Unfortunately RadeonPro isn't quite compatible with Ghosts or at least for me it isn't since during the level load progress the game will start stuttering and crash shortly before it's meant to start.
    (Tried with default RP settings and it does the same so it does not seem to be related to a single setting in RadeonPro.)

Thus (And since I prefer image quality.) I just use MSAA for now. :)
    (There's a bit of stuttering and there's a performance drop in some areas but it's playable.)

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    Yes!

3. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    So, you can screenshot or copy that value that left without being clean, and post at the DDU thread?

As I know, DDU don't clean up the backup registry, as they will not affect the result for installing the driver.:)

4. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    I already claimed this a while ago.
    The uninstall goes fine, but there are many leftover registry entries found by ccleaner afterwards. Only a few after atimanuninstaller.

But this isn't really a problem since there is nobody that says you should not use ccleaner afterwards.

All I'm saying with this is that some users could still experience problems if they only use ddu, and not ccleaner.

I will post a screenshot next time I try a beta driver, Im with 13.11B7 for now.
    I will also post it if it stays blank, could be the latest ddu behaves different, after all, everything keeps being updated.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013

5. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    @flow : i once use ccleaner to clean registry, because ccleaner said there are a lot of unused or broken registry on my old win 7 installation, but guess what happens next ?

it broke my win 7 installation, and nothing works correctly anymore, so after that happened to me, i decided to use ccleaner only to clean junk files, and left the reg cleaner alone, because i left the decision entirely for ccleaner to decide, and it broke my system, and had to reinstall it after nothing works correctly anymore.

for me ccleaner is not reliable and could break a working system, just because it decide "oh this reg is not needed or broken" and asked me to delete it.

but that is just my 2cent

Edit : and for anyone that gonna post a screenshot or quoted a post that has screenshot on it, please resize it, because it is too big, and make it harder to read posts, i had to block it manually, because somehow block image function from adblock is not working correctly, it doesn't show up on an image file.

6. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    in BF4 at ultra settings: I have CF enabled and gameplay is really smooth...always over 100fps. only some cutscenes lag and the reason is not clear yet, maybe cpu usage with AMD FX... no issues like that for other games
    instead, in COD Ghosts Update 1 and CF enabled: not only cutscenes lag but gameplay stuttering...
    drivers 13.11 beta 9.2
    so are you running Crossfire or not?

7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Installed just fine for me.

[​IMG]

8. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Ext 1080ti
    Holy Crap.....

I Still have these Display Jumping with this driver on Gigabyte 7970Ghz
    Still can't watch movie or playing games without these jumps every 30 seconds...
    Happens since beta 3 or 6...

Come on Amd........

Edit : also happening when simple net browsing in firefox

9. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    What's your idle voltage? Might be the case.

10. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Ext 1080ti
    IDLE infos
    [​IMG]

Ingame Infos
    [​IMG]

Seems fine to me, can't explain these display jumping since 13.11 beta drivers..

11. kasper93

kasper93 Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 390
    Those are BETA drivers and the point is to reports bugs to AMD. BETA releases are never table and should not be that the whole point of beta testing.

To all people who are whining in this thread. STOP IT! and report bugs to AMD.

12. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    13.10 beta 1 works good .

13. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Ext 1080ti

UPDATE : Seems to occurs only while Ingame MENUS, maps etc... Didn't noticed the jump problem during gameplay

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Does capping FPS solve the issue?

15. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB

16. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Ext 1080ti
    I only play with Vsync On so i think it's already capped lol :nerd:

17. saif

saif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Anyone else getting the screen flicker when memory clocks jump with these drivers when browsing?

had to create a ccc profile to overdrive and force 300@-150@ under 2D to avoid it

18. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    And what over driver are 290(x) users suppose to use? only the beta drivers support are card which makes it feel like I paid a lot of money to beta test hardware.

19. GranPez

GranPez Member

GPU:
    Hd 7790 1Gb Dual-X Oc
    Ok, thanks.

20. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I think people need to stop messing with the registry. This paranoia about files and registries left by drivers is unbelievable !!

Third party uninstallers bring more problems than solutions.

Here is a link from AMD in how to uninstall drivers.
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx

It is so easy that makes me wonder why people like to over complicate things.

No problems to report. Good drivers !