AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 9.2 (13.250.18.00 November 7)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Espionage724, Nov 8, 2013.

1. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    Yeah, I hate that kind of marketing. That's just unfriendly for the customers. Now my APU system is treated like a standard intel+ amd combination and not like a APU :(

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    ahh there was method to my madness :) i wasnt obviously going to have much luck installing ati drivers with no amd card but I was trying to see if I got the message up "incompatible os". it actually seems like the drivers would install but i wont know for sure until tomorrow.

handy to know that about the iso thing. i guess u download and burn to disc?

if someone knows where would be handy (havent googled it yet). i was trying to use the microsoft assistant but that doesnt seem to work..(could try again).

(i do agree it is more or less time to switch os...just was avoiding having to spend the extra £...it might be I might have to if I want one of the latest amd cards to run...and yes i know i could use pci3 plus a better cpu :))

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea download and burn to DVD or create a bootable USB drive using "Microsoft USB Tool"

Sent some tips to your PM

You won't regret moving away from Vista Im sure

If you have any issues with 8.1 and driver support for your hardware, grab Windows 7 instead, you don't need a key for installing 7, but should be fine with 8.1 I'd think

4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    i'm still vista, thinking of getting a 280x or 290, i hope there's at least 1 driver from this 13.11 branch onward so i can run all the installed stuff i have & dual boot win7 or possibly 8 for eventual migrating

that said, the whole vista is on hold since early june when the vram died, so technically i've been on win7 on a 570m the whole time..... basically i have a lot of music production project files, browser bookmarks, & files scattered across 4 computers by now (coincidentally in order of OSs: win2k, xp, vista, 7), dual booting when i replace the card will add a 5th OS

5. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    waiting for my r9 290 to upgrade to win 8.1 and install these :)

6. Jankes

Jankes Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB OC
    All 13.11 betas - "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" when watchin Youtube (flash videos)
    Trash

7. Myyke

Myyke New Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970M Crossfire
    I'm getting a huge amount of stuttering when running crossfire with this driver in Battlefield 4, I've tried with frame pacing both on and off but it is bad either way - anyone else getting this?

13.8 driver seems to work the best for Battlefield 4 for me at the moment (although I have to keep framepacing off).

8. ALPINEST4RS

ALPINEST4RS Member Guru

GPU:
    Gbyte 7970 GHZ 3GB
    Just had to hard reboot. Vertical red/while lines across pc screen. Happened when the screen jittered. Been running on stock clocks.

9. aminos

aminos New Member

GPU:
    HD 7970GHZ Crossfire
    @Myyke
    same problem with my 2XHD 7970GHZ in BF4:-(
    Went back to 13.11 Beta 8 and turned off Framepacing,so i can play the game.
    Not smooth at all but i can play.

10. djsebfr

djsebfr Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    Hi , same problem here with my cfx 7950's with 70fps unstable. (ultra)

To solve it, i have to turn off "Post AA" (under MSAAx4) in the options of bf4....--> 75fps average very smooth and stable performance. (ultra)

11. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Any idea why forcing AA, Vsync or Anisotropic Textures in CCC doesn't work in games?
    I see NO difference between any AA, vsync or texture filtering settings whatsoever. Alt-tabbing the game and changing the settings - doesn't work. Restarting the game with the new settings - doesn't work. In game AA and Vsync are both disabled and in CCC AA and Vsync both set to override application settings.
    Tried in Dota 2, Dirt 3 and Assassin's Creed 3.
    Windows 7 x64 fresh install, first AMD drivers. I also have RadeonPro installed (tried SMAA and it worked ok), but it was disabled when I tried forcing settings in CCC.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  12. Broken Haiku

Broken Haiku Member

GPU:
    AMD 280x 3GB
    I had major system crashes in Path of Exile before, their sound engine is completely broken. Try adding --softwareaudio as a start switch (yes, double dashes), that solved it for me.

13. maxstep

maxstep Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI 2x 980Ti AMP! Extreme
    I confirm vsync shenanigans. ue3 games are :banana: the worst.
    add coj gunslinger there. vsync does work sometimes, but usually on the first launch of the game. Definitely breaks after restarting the system, haven't tested extensively but vsync in dx9 is gone with the wind. terrible driver for _everything_ apart from bf4 - it performs incredibly well. rest is crap

14. aminfri

aminfri Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7870XT 1100/1600
    MSAA in CCC is game dependent, does not work with every game.
    Texture filtering always works, you probably dont notice a thing because the game is already applying some high levels.
    Vsync in CCC is for OpenGL so it wont work on direct X based games.
    Solution: get "Radeon Pro" . Search the forums.

15. ELCID777

ELCID777 Banned

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Ok, so I'm assuming this is a driver related problem, because I noticed that vsync is not working at all in ACIV Black Flag, or in Batman AO. Whether from in-game or through Catalyst.

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Vsync works fine for me on osu!. Caps at 85 (my refresh rate), didn't notice any tearing either. Basically works as expected.

17. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Thanks. I've been using RP for quite some time, but wanted to try out CCC.

18. aminos

aminos New Member

GPU:
    HD 7970GHZ Crossfire
    @djsebfr
    this fix didn`t work for me:-(
    Still stuttering with the new beta driver.
    I think this game is more buggy then the other games i have played in my 12 years of gaming!

19. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    HD6850, Vsync in Assassin's Creed 4 works fine when you turn it on in the game settings, though it doesn't seem to work when you turn it off in-game and force it via CCC, couldn't get forced CCC vsync to work in any game I tried - Dota2, Dirt 3, AC4, but when you turn Vsync on in the game settings it works ok.
    Though Dynamic Vsync from RadeonPro doesn't seem to work properly (still see screen tearing, but idk, maybe it's supposed to work this way).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  20. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Ext 1080ti
    I just tried Black Flag today to see if the game was better optimised than crappy AC3

Result : 50/50
    At last Ubisoft gave a lot more graphic settings to play with such as SSAO/HBAO individual option, motion blur & other stuff, that's an improvement

Still the optimisation sucks as AC3 concerning CPU : game uses 100% first core and about 5 to 20% the 3 others on my 3570k AGAIN LIKE AC3 !
    Gpu Usage is ok for what i've seen : La Havane GPU usage = 90% globally

Performance on my rig gave around 45 fps on jungle Level and about 45-50 on La Havane, maxed out except ambiant occlusion & motion blur desactivated (hate these ones) +msaa X4 ... It's not that bad, not that good. Waiting for appropriate drivers, though i'm sure they won't do magic on an ati-hater engine like this one, and ubisoft surely wont move a finger as always to patch performance.

Ubisoft surely will have to move things a little bit as Ati covers the whole console GPU cards on the PS4 et Xbox One and i dont see how they will manage to get decent performance on these 2 consoles if they still don't optimise the game for ati cards.

Edits :

1) Game Vsync lock framerate @ 30 fps when framerate under Refresh Rate so get rid of it
    2) Graphics of the overall game are pretty damn good : Water is beautiful, LOD is great (a bit too great for the only one core really used i think), everything looks good (special award to rocks textures, they are really nice !)
    However, apart from the textures & details, the physic engine is still very bad, they never changed anything since AC1, and it's starting to get really old : Swim movements are still ridiculous, IA sucks etc... as all AC since the 1st one !

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013