AMD Catalyst 13.10 BETA (13.200.11.0 September 4)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by freibooter, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    Is it still necessary (or good measure) to strip out the Visual C++ installers from the beta drivers before installing?

What's the tangible benefit or result from doing this, if so?

2. blood_sam

blood_sam Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 OC
    We shouldn't have to clean up everything every time a new driver comes out...

The problem is the fact they are beta drivers, if you don't have any problem with your current driver, wait for a proper WHQL one.

3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Not everyone has to. If you experience problems however, then yes, a proper cleanup might help.

4. Kisse

Kisse Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    13.8 B2 pretty much destroyed my .NET Framework 4.5 so is there a risk this 13.10 beta is going to do the same thing?

5. dellon132

dellon132 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The DotNet 4.5 package is stored in the Packages\Apps Folder. Just delete that package then proceed to install the driver.

6. HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma Member

GPU:
    AMD 7990

Exactly, I have to keep doing this for some reason with the new drivers. :bang:

If not, I try and do an upgrade it gets to "updating display driver" and flashes a couple of times then shows a black screen with a flashing underscore at the top left hand corner and will not do anything forcing me to reboot. Has happened with ALL beta 13.x releases.

7. Billerdo

Billerdo Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
    please, anyone who have max payne 1-2 can tell me if the game work with this driver? thanks!

8. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    These drivers give me a better score again. Yet in bf3 I don't find them as smooth as the 13.8b2. This could be due to other reasons though.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Nope, it does not work.

10. Billerdo

Billerdo Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
    thanks a lot ;)

11. Miken420

Miken420 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Blacklight: Retribution is crashing to desktop with these like crazy, even in single GPU DX9 mode. Going back to the 13.8 Beta2's

12. Gizmo

Gizmo Member Guru

GPU:
    Just started to play Remember Me after installing this new beta set the other day,i set a frame lock to 58fps (via config) & from the off i was getting drops to mid 30-40 and lots of stuttering

Checking various board ppl were reporting 60 fps lock with lower spec hardware than mine so i decided to throw the atiumdag.dll from cat 13.6b2 in the binaries folder and what do you know Zero frame drops.......still have load stutter but that a common thing with pretty much all UE3 engine games

Kinda getting sick of AMD's half ass'ed drivers they seem to break as much stuff as they fix from release to release which is pretty shocking,this 7970 is the first ATI/AMD card ive owned since a 4870 (a card which was quickly replaced by a 260gtx) kinda wish id stayed with NV....

BTW were are the GCN memory rewrite drivers for 7XXX cards that AMD said were coming soon way back in Jan

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Same here, I just loaded up BF3 with these and got massively lower temperatures. Before in most drivers my GPU would max out 56-59C (I have a pretty aggressive fan profile set up). Now with these in a 64 player Metro Rush server my fps never dips below 60fps but GPU usage is down a little sometimes its 98-99% and it dips to 80-85% but temperatures at around 46-47C!!! That is a massive drop in temps over 10C! WTF? Using AB Beta 14 to monitor temps.

My CPU temps have dropped as well, I know this has nothing to do with the GPU drivers. But in BF3 my CPU would reach 60-65C on most of the cores now it reaches only 55, 51, 55, 51 after an hour of gameplay!?

Very weird!

Just spotted my Windows Index needs refreshing, normally that sorts a few stutters out in games when installing new drivers. But then again that could be placebo.

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    May be coincidence but since installing these my 7950 has been stuck in PCI-E x4 mode.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  15. Kisse

Kisse Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    This driver is quite stable for me when overclocking single gpu 5850. Similar to 12.10 version.

16. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    I installed these but CCC is not working again :( it just don't appear when I dclick on it.
    With 13.8b2 CCC finally worked ,after several non working CCC with every driver.
    I still don't get it why CCC don't run. I tried to uninstall CCC only and install after..

I need CCC to create an eyefinity group.

17. HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma Member

GPU:
    AMD 7990
    Can you elaborate on that? I'm having issues with certain software that uses .Net and this could explain it.

18. PrivateRyan

PrivateRyan Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    13.6 beta 1 & 2 stuttering & freezing in many games
    13.8 beta 1 & 2 stuttering & freezing in many games
    13.10 beta not tested yet
    I'm playing dota 2 game with VSync on, and it's like I've tearing with stuttering in parallel. It's getting worse instead... lol. Went back to 13.4 and everything is better

19. Kisse

Kisse Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I guess driverpack installs an older version of .NET and sometimes it corrupts windows updates and whole .NET. I didnt have this problem with 13.4 and drivers before that.

20. spekgat7

spekgat7 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950
    Info and a rant

With Catalyst 13.4 and 13.6 I had zero problems.

Catalyst 13.8 Beta/Beta2 caused random reboots in Win7 x64 (first time ever in 3 years with Win7). Personally I think Catalyst v13.8 caused problems with .NET v4.5 on my system.

But my system seems stable again with Catalyst 13.10 Beta, which is kind of strange, for as I understand it 13.10 is mostly just 13.8 Beta2 with a new name.

Hmmm... whatever the reason, I'm very happy :)

Tested a few games and the only one that performs really badly is Splinter Cell Blacklist (persistent keyboard / strafe related stuttering).

Rant:

Wonder why they called this driver 13.10 Beta instead of 13.9 Beta. I guess it's AMD's way of telling us not to expect a proper driver before PERHAPS November. No proper new driver in 5 months is simply unacceptable.

I'm NOT a fan of green and have been with ATI since my Radeon 8500 (many years ago), but lately AMD seems to devote all their attention to their new XBox One / PS4 endeavours, meaning that PC drivers are way way WAY back on the list of priorities.

And I must confess, this is making me wonder very deeply about my next graphics card. My son went green 2 years ago, so at least I know what to expect there ;)

I simply cannot support a company that does not properly support its products.

Just my (perhaps uninformed) opinion.