1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Catalyst 12.x (9.00 June 12) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Jun 13, 2012.

1. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    Where do you people come from? :puke2:

If the OP has a problem let him deal with it, I'm sure the folks at Guru3d don't mind.

If he stops posting links on Guru3d because Guru3d are making a better mirror to host his files... well I don't think I would blame Guru3d for trying to provide a better downloading experience for everyone.

No where in this post does it state not to mirror the files, get a grip!:bang:

2. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega64
    Battlefield 3 - visible improvements from the june 4 th
    Max Payne 3 - visible improvements from the june 4 th

One of the best driver I've tried
    Thanks !

3. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    1060 6GB Armor OC
    I think on BF3 the image quality has been slightly improved. I get even lesser tearing. The game is crystal clear.

Since 12.5b everything works fine and smoother.

4. anopolis

anopolis New Member

GPU:
    7970xfire of doom
    amd is killing me with their drivers...I've been a fan since waaayy back when..it was the 8500 64MB ..you remember the advert? max PC mag, it was that bare backed hot chick....then you realize it was a dood....and feel all funny..looking around to see if anyone noticed you...not that it happened to me...

5. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    You guys are pissing me off. You spend half the posts bickering instead of responding to posts such as mine. Bicker somewhere else.

6. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    Did they really drop Vista support with these??? Why on earth would they do that already? A lot of people still run Vista on their machines.

7. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    they shouldn't=fail...2 generations back...worst OS ever...windows 7 and 8 only

8. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Probably going to release less amount of Vista drivers, but definitely not stop their Vista releases.

9. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Strix Vega 64
    Anyone having problems with Flash Player? (Youtube)

10. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    I honestly never had any issues running Vista, I still have a four year old laptop running Vista and runs just as smooth with normal tasks as my primary desktop. Vista at launch was terrible, but it actually turned out to be a decent os through updates IMO.

Vista SP2 is just way too similar to Win7 to be getting phased out at the same time XP is. Although I can understand Vista support gradually slowing down at this point.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

11. Valagard

Valagard Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FE
    You know even if Marthand or rflair put up under the post "I authorize guru3D mirrors" you would still see people bitching that Hilbert is trying to hurt them in some way.

Let me make a short point before I go install these drivers and do some tests. This is Hilberts forums. This is his website. He and he alone, or people he has employed by him, are the only people that should be making money with his website. He has, in every way, shape, and form, to host mirrors on his site of content that other people are posting on it, at which, he is doing out of his own pocket.

If you don't like how he is running these forums, or you think he is "Cheating" marthand/rflair out of money, simply leave. Go somewhere else. I'm sure -EVERY- other driver forum on the planet by now has reported and republished these drivers on their forums within minutes of them going up on this site, goto them if you are "Sick of hilberts" actions etc.

Frankly, grow up. If marthand is making money off these driver releases, hilbert in my book is a damn good sport to be letting the man use this site for his own monetary gains, and not charging marthand for stuff. Hilbert letting him post here, and hilbert throwing up mirrors out of his own pocket, speaks very highly of the man wanting to -DO- something for the tech community, rather then beat it down.

So for god sakes, grow up. I'm not ass kissing Hilbert, even I have disagreed with him in the past, but the man has a crapload of integrity, integrity a few whiners in this thread are stomping all over like children cause they don't understand everything in a nutshell. If you don't like it, leave, if you do like it, learn to behave.

This isn't a government owned website, this is a public forum somebody is doing out of his own pocket. If you don't like how he runs things, frankly leave. Far as I see it, only a few guys and them alone "Don't like how hilbert runs things". Except I have in the past privately messaged hilbert and other mods, and -ALL- of them have taken time out of their days to respond to me, and not just brush me off. If they were "Lazy totalitarian mods" they wouldn't have even bothered with me.

If you don't like it, leave. If you do like it, stay and keep your nose clean. Simple as that.

Now BRB, off to install new drivers and do some tests

12. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    I've heard this leaked beta freezes Firefox and Explorer so I won't be installing these. I also had this problem in the 12.5 leaked betas but was fixed when I went to 12.6 official betas.
    Does anyone have any idea what could be causing it?

OFF-TOPIC: Basing from the guru3d mirror downloads (which are put up much later than DF links) and from what I understood from the DF payment page, marthand would be making $40-150 from each driver leak.
    I can understand why he doesn't want other users posting other mirrors since he'll lose some cash, which would be annoying since he spent his time getting them.
    Tbh, I'm surprised the owner of G3D even allows it, that itself is generous, but he's not only generous to marthand for keeping his link publicly available but to all the users who can't bare the pain of DF(I personally wait for a G3D link for leaked betas or I don't use them), by adding an ad-free, no-wait, fast-speed download.

13. V1tol

V1tol Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
  14. ipredator

ipredator Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    I can negate this. Having absolutely no issues with Firefox, Youtube or Flash in particular. I have Hardware Acceleration turned off in FF, though.

15. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    I can't turn Hardware Acceleration off... I have 3 tabs of a flash game always open as well as ~10 tabs normally open. That itself wasn't possible before HWA was implemented in browsers... At least not on my machine...

16. TechnikL

TechnikL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X 1130/1300
    @HH

Thankyou Hilbert for everything you do, I think 99% of us on here appreciate what you do, please ignore the 1% of idiots that don't. (as I am sure u do already :)

Also thankyou to the OP :)

I kind of like these fast beta releases now that AMD is not so concerned with WHQL !!!

17. area2000

area2000 Member

GPU:
    GTX 460/660
    Help

Can someone Mod this driver for older cards -Win7 64-Bit- (incl. Mobile HD 4570)? Or is it impossible?

18. Simkin84

Simkin84 Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI HD 7970 @1150/1600
    This driver has the same issue as the 12.6 Beta MAY 22, black screen while browsing :(

Why this issue all of a sudden? it started with the 12.6.

19. egounix

egounix New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 CFX 3GB
    thx ;)

i'v not got any issue with 12.6
    :(
    now i try this release

20. SamuelMaki

SamuelMaki Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Gigabyte 670 OC
    Seems that only working drivers for me and my windows 8 system is the modded CP-drivers... they show that my card is Radeon HD 6500m/5600/5700... the other drivers (and even the one that ships with the windows 8 which does not work with my 5650m at all) shows my card as mobility 5000 series... The drivers install fine, but the card never turns on... there is some grey flash couple times and then i am stuck with vga-drivers... So, is there any way to mod these or another ones to show my card as 6500m/5600/5700, because i think it is the key to me to get my card using never drivers... (and yes I do know that just naming is probably not enough, i was after that they would be modded like asder00 did to those CP-drivers)