AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.980.0 June 4) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Jun 6, 2012.

1. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Tell TwL that, then.

His cleaner, with the first option, automatically wipes anything AMD/Nvidia-related in your PC, including those same system files deleted by older versions of DS.
    The system files (default AMD/Nvidia drivers from Microsoft) cleaning is only optional when you selected the second option at the beginning.
    The only difference from DS (aside from the UI, obviously) would be TwL's cleaner does not provide backups on deleted files and registry entries.

Reading DS author's own forum would've probably helped.

He and several other members also uploaded a makeshift backup package to restore from which contained the system files needed to install SP1.
    I was personally grateful for the uploaded since I've deleted mine with TwL's cleaner (on my desktop), thus no backup whatsoever.
    Didn't know I could also extract them from Win7 installation DVD at the time, so that was basically my last resort before a complete reformat just to install SP1.

You probably should've restored the most recent one that contained the deleted system files, and be selective so that driver leftovers from way back when didn't get restored too and mucks up with your currently installed drivers.

If you 'crossed over' after you have SP1 installed, then of course you won't have any complaints.
    Back before SP1 arrived, Atiman did the same thing as DS when cleaning leftovers.

If anything, most of the DS complaints were from users who downloaded the installer from Guru3D server, which (IIRC) was an antiquated 1.5.0 version.

Anyway, back to this set.
    Gotta back on topic, regardless.

Seems like Assassin's Creed (the first one) doesn't play along well when this set is coupled with 12.6 Beta CAP1.
    It freezes the game within 10-15 minutes intervals.
    Removing the CAP fixes it.

2. erocker

erocker Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    One version of Driver Sweeper was messed up... One version that was quickly fixed and wasn't up for download very long... The program works and has always worked fine except for that one time. Then again, I have no idea why I'm even responding to internet forum hysteria by one doom and gloom member.

3. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
    Your not listening and your making allot of assumptions.

I don't use DS so the issues with it don't effect me and again you miss the point that it should of never happened in the first place and DS would not have been the first thing that popped into everyone head that uses DS that its the cause of SPI not installing, there being lots of ways of fixing it available was not the point.
    Yes that issues is not there with the new version but that does not mean that other issues may not be there in future, complacency is a killer.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  4. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    Its not doom and gloom because i have seen allot of posts that INF file is missing that can also happen with cleaners.
    I'm not saying for people not to use them but they should be aware that there is a chance on particular setups that it may not play nice.

I did some testing after seeing this, installed CAT 10.5-10.12 one after the other, no problem, then used DS and only CAT 10.5 would install after that and i could system restore back to CAT 10.12 but i could not install any driver after 10.5 even 10.12.
    Same tested on another system gave no issues.

A cleaner should be the last resort not the first.

5. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    The most important point in uninstallation is to remove the old parameters of the registry keys.

The new driver override most of them and most of files (if files is the same), but if the new driver has less files or entries, then the driver has different performance.

Simple example is the version of the driver. Sometimes in the new driver there is not include this parameter, so the ccc show the version of previous driver - e.t.c

Driver sweeper and ccleaner does not delete that entries.
    That is one of the problems.

For the best performance use Atiman Uninstaller. The new version 7.0.2 is the best of all, without any problem. Check and recheck standard vga driver, and if find any problem repair one or more of entries with the problem.

Also fix issues about AMD systems.

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

If you guys want to argue whetner DS is a valid option or not, go to another thread (I swear there was another dedicated thread to this before).

Otherwise, what does anything about DS, CCleaner, ATIMan, and etc on Page 6 have to do with these drivers specifically?

Edit: Here, I'll help you guys out a bit: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=358931

7. LechLaffer

LechLaffer New Member

GPU:
    6755g2
    Black Screen with a vertical line at windows startup.

Upgrade from 12.4 Beta & after reinstall windows.

8. eue

eue Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti SC+
    works fine to me in crysis 2, league of legends dont stay at idle clocks anymore and bf3 is also god at 1080p... some more testing need to be done but ok by now... no flikering or **** like that

3dmark 11 extreme also improved with same clocks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  9. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    I'm the one who've extensively used the programs I talked about and I'm the one making assumptions?
    Rubbish.

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hey, read below

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    So what is this then? No need to criticize DS to promote your own app, Mr ATI Man...

[​IMG]

12. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Y'all not talking about drivers, and instead driver cleaning utilities......

One or more of you is probably going to get warnings

The thing we can agree with is that these hyper beta drivers have no proper installer or uninstaller, and that is staying on topic

13. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    Delete.

14. mrguga

mrguga New Member

GPU:
    HIS HD 7970 3GB DDR5
    This version solved a sound click problem i had over HDMI. But the CCC crashes silently whenever i try to open it.
    Had to uninstall CCC and install may 22 version again, disabling everything else at the install menu.
    Now with may 22 ccc and june 6 drivers i'm very happy.

15. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    hdmi audio problem fixed in this vs the official 12.6b?

i've been wondering what kind of minor differences would be in this leak... the 3d dll files are pretty much identical as before

16. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    yes its fixed too.

17. Derko1

Derko1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I'm guessing the problem with settings not "coming on" until a few minutes after starting is still there?

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    They do have a proper installer/uninstaller.

19. ipredator

ipredator Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Well the install app is not listed in the software section of windows. But it doesn't matter since you only need to run the setup.exe from the extracted driver again to deinstall your current one.