AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.980.0 June 4) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Jun 6, 2012.

1. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Oh **** let me edit lol, i totally missed that error, tnx.

2. link626

link626 Member

GPU:
    amd 6650m, nvda gtx660m
    bigger question is.... what are the bugs in this release ?

did they break anything here?

3. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    any chance of a mirror that isn't plastered with adverts and misleading "DOWNLOAD NOW" signs (- and over an hour d/l time..) :bang:

4. vukk

vukk New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra
    The idle clocks and voltage are broken with this set, just with the offical 8.98 beta.:bang: I getting 400/1125 1.0V on my 5850 toxic instead of 157/300 0.95V, it doesnt sounds much but the idle temp went up with 11C°. Back to 12.4 whql.

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  6. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Guys, with official 12.6 beta first time I got a grey screen. I was alt-tab BF3 ( browser open of course ) and tried to overclock the card. I overclocked and after a while, boom! Grey screen.

Any indication this has been fixed? Just once I saw it, I can't of course reproduce it. As I see, more guys have experienced the grey screen on 12.6?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  7. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    If it went grey I think it means your card is struggling with the overclock. I had this issue too, went a few mhz down and it was fine.

8. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Nice to know grey screen is related to oc, thank you.

But I gave a 'standard' overclock which with all other drivers never had problem. Obviously there is. It was 1100Mhz on core with 1.149V and 1500Mhz Memory. Usually I never play with such high clocks and not proper testing has been done. Afterall, it wasn't so 'standard' :p

By the way, with 12.6 I noticed slightly higher temps. I've seen 60-61C on BF3 while usually never exceeded 55C. I don't know, maybe hot day.

9. Miroglu

Miroglu Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4350 512 MB
    Thanks

10. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    This set "fix" BC2 crossfire scaling?.

Thanks Marthand.

11. Nafi

Nafi Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD 7970 IceQ x2
    with this driver my system hangs after a while in sleep mode just like 12.4 -.-

12. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    No sorry, just tested it. Skyrim's still not fixed for me either.

13. yoe

yoe Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 2.15/11.1
    It's related to drivers i think. I never have got any of grey/black screen till first 12.6 drivers, same overclock as always. Now with june 4 drivers seems that this is problem gone :).

14. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    I too had to learn that the overclocking potential is somewhat related to your driver.

15. hertz

hertz Guest

GPU:
    sapphire HD-7970 3GB
    Not really, the desktop graphics score is 1.0, still does not run anything, try powerdvd 12.
    This can relase 3 and have not resolved anything, beauty is a HTCP and intel integrated graphics, it works great without installing anything at all.

AMD:flip2::flip2::flip2::flip2::flip2::flip2::flip2:

16. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    Same issue here

17. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Don't be an ass man, in some cases, some of us that have CFX setups, don't have the time of try new drivers every week because it can mean they can fukk up your clocks, give you BSODS, make your games run like crap, etc, which would mean to go back to previous drivers after doing some serious cleanup of registry keys, etc.
    So we really want to have some feedback before even trying you know.

18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Exactly, there is no harm in asking whether the performance is good. If there were ten people asking the question even though it has already been answered in a previous post in the thread, that is different.

19. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Yeah I find that annoying on those sites. Advertising is fair enough, but having a big advert making out its the download button for the thing you want shouldn't be tolerated by the download site in question.

20. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    it's funny that ppl ask that at all..cause my rig is nothing like yours...or yours...or yours...I doubt many of you have nearly the rigourous reinstall schedule i keep to keep my rig running optimally...i dont image my drive even as updates constantly change now...i doubt you have the same hardware as i do..and even if you do, its not going to act EXACTLY the same..so...asking that question after taking all that into account..well...even if i could answer you..it still wouldnt be the same situation for you, as for, any of us...we all handle our computers/hardware/software differently..so hopefully THAT puts a rest to the majority of ppl asking that question...feel free to copy/paste this whenever they ask this :)