AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.960.0 February 28) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Mar 2, 2012.

1. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    interesting..reinstalled with the 10.5 driver..just to try it out..gives me a warning msg to update to 11.7's or later in BF3....hmm..well lets give this a try :) yes it still loads.

2. DeLVekk

DeLVekk Member

GPU:
    6950 2GB
    I'm still waiting for a better performance in BF3 when AA is enabled :D

3. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    Mine are not returning to normal. seems this issue is a dual monitor issue when running 1 monitor the issues are gone when turning on my HDTV the issue appears.

4. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    Natural Selection 2 is ok with me above 70 fps.

5. mao5

mao5 Guest

BF3 SP and Heaven benchmark 2.5 are all black screen on my 7970

6. MadelineX

MadelineX Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2
    So far:

I can confirm the Battlefield 3 crash, however, it isn't a driver crash for me but a game crash. As the program will stop responding. (often I have a driver not responding error message, but that is no longer the case.) So, no go there.

Skyrim runs really well for me in crossfire. Much better than previously, however, the scaling is a bit odd. Obviously, it doesn't do trifire only crossfire as before (which is normal), but now, gpu 1 does 75% of the load whereas gpu 2 is only pulling around 35-45% of the work. Before, the game scaled evenly. But, performance is snappy and runs nicely, so oh well.

Desktop and browsers in gpu accelerated modes not only feel snappier, but look better? Perhaps, IQ has improved with these drivers as previously stated.

I will update more trail runs of 3D apps later. For the time being, Skyrim has derailed me...again.

<update>

MSI Afterburner User fan profile does not seem to function for gpu's 2 and 3.

Overdrive Voltage controller will not maintain over-voltage for gpu 2 and 3.

L.A. Noir in DX11 has periodic stutters which were not present with the previous beta.

Arma 2 has extreme flickering.

Conclusion: The more gpu's a game uses seems to determine how well these drivers preform. 3 gpu's seems to a problematic arrangement with these drivers. Reverting to earlier beta.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  7. syncore

syncore Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    8.96 Feb. 14 was great on 6990 Eyefinity (5760x1080) -- I'll see how these perform in a min.

Also, 4,000KB/s download is so much better than the crappy depositfiles host that you used to use

8. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Really? You should give him a big hug for putting drivers here in first place...moving on.... Dont even gona try this ones :p i see lots of crossfire issues, that i scared my self already :nerd:. Gona stay with the 11.11c ones till something big appears from ATi.

9. rongtw

rongtw Member Guru

GPU:
    asus 1060 strix
    BSOD :bang: had full reinstall :(

10. HarryRag

HarryRag Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680-DC2O-2GD5
    Finally one after the Cape Verde driver that doesn't BSOD for me (atikmpag.sys, crash even from desktop and idle).
    Very nice and fast driver for WoT

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

11. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    In addition to the clock speeds not idling properly until starting and exiting a game first, I should probably also note that, upon installation, it also reset my overscan settings and booted all of my non-Steam games from my Steam list. Other than that, though, they're probably the fastest drivers I've used to date, and I have next to no framerate problems in Sonic Generations, including the Modern Chemical Plant Zone, which is always a problem spot.

12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Download it , I tried to install it and i got BSOD and the driver wont install :/ , back to 11.12whql , w7x64 bit. My 2 cents.

13. syncore

syncore Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    This is the first driver where BF3 completely fails to launch. Back to Feb 14th 8.96 (those were perfect for BF3 anyway)

14. Valagard

Valagard Guest

BSOD after around 30 minutes on desktop

15. jpcc

jpcc Member

GPU:
    Asus R7-260X 2GB
    Hey guys, for windows 8 x86 use this: http://www.mediafire.com/?o3x4zxu9dieg99k
    (copy to “W7_INF” folder, and replace)

and for windows 8 x64 use this: http://www.mediafire.com/?r85jkyyw1n5cvkk
    (copy to “W76A_INF” folder, and replace)

About driver: add 2 more “Opengl extensions” and now in “GPU Caps viewer” show “Opencl 1.2″ not “Opencl 1.1″.

Note¹: This .ini files was edited by me.
    Note²:Use "force unsigned driver".

16. Sharoth

Sharoth Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2080 OC
    No issues installing right over the top of the Feb 14th Driver. All my games run just as smooth as previous driver. BF3, LOL, Mineraft, Serious Sam 3:BFE, SWTOR..

Keeper for me so far...

17. ankinferno

ankinferno Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Only BSOD . . .

Hey... No success for me... BSOD for me, , Ati Mobility Radeon 550v (detected as Ati Mobility Radeon 4650)..Windows 7... :bang:

Reverting back to the self moded Win 8 Consumer Preview Driver... :rock:

18. Brandon_34

Brandon_34 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    Just tried these. If your running crossfire and bf3 then don't bother. Maps won't even load. This is with a single 5970. Was any testing done when these were coded?

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    These are a leaked driver. AMD/ATI hasn't officially released these. We really aren't supposed to have this driver.

It's a use at your own risk thing. For all we know this could be an Alpha driver in early stages.

20. pan66000

pan66000 New Member

GPU:
    HD 4670/1G
    When I install this driver. I got bluescreen 0X0000007e atikmgag.sys(8.01.01.1243)
    Then I replaced this file form 9.96 Feb 14(8.96-120214a-[Guru3D.com]) version 8.01.01.1240. And it looks all right.