AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.960.0 February 14) Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Feb 23, 2012.

1. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 ULTR/HYBR
    I gave them a go. Benchmark3D had the card list with the 7900 series listed. They might be good to go for a single 7970 but I got nothing but headaches with crossfire. When I finally did get the drivers to enable crossfire my second gpu stayed at 925/1575 of all things. I went to uninstall them they were not listed in the Control Panel's Program and Features. Used Atiman to clear everything out. Could be just my bad luck with them. Gonna roll back to 12-2 pre-certified and use the atipdlxx.dll to fix the 2d/3d clocks bug.

2. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    smoothlike.!:thumbup:

3. AdamK47

AdamK47 Banned

GPU:
    Verite V1000 & Voodoo 4MB
    Once upon a time there were download links that brought you directly to the files you wanted to download. I miss those days.

4. pedroo

pedroo Member

GPU:
    Asus 5970 @1020/1200

5. Diablow

Diablow Member

GPU:
    Powercolor 6970 pcs+
  6. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800xt Red Devil EL
    Fantastic drivers ;).

Crossfire in Alan wake works fine without CAPS. Quadbuffer is Enable (for stereoscopic gaming), and PowerDVd work too without that "dll".

Thanks marthand and AMD ;).

7. ghost_one

ghost_one Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680
    anyone tried these drivers with swtor ? any improvements ?

8. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Cant DL them from that link dunno why....: ( can you download them from anywere else?

9. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
  10. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Tks gona give it a try.

11. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Just try them for a couple minutes and i like them already on BF3 (Xfire)...

12. Bat_Zonko

Bat_Zonko Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC
    Running a Sapphire 6950 Dirt3 edition with shader unlocked.

Is there a way to get the idle clocks to work correctly when using Sapphire TRixx with these drivers (or the most recent betas)?

The moment I run Trixx and set the clocks to my standard OC, the clocks are stuck at the max OC. I have never had that problem before.

It occurs when ULPS is enabled or disabled via the Trixx utility.

I did my standard driver cleaner/driver sweeper install that has always worked.

I did have to copy the Atipdlxx.dll from the Jan 4th betas in order for Trixx to be able to read the clocks, but I have had to do that the last couple of times and it has never effected the idle clocks.

I supppose I can give Afterburner a try, but last time I checked it does not work with the Sapphire cards.

Edit: Tried Afterburner, and has the same thing.
    As soon as I try to OC with Afterburner, it also triggers the idle clocks to run at the max.
    Bugger, time to roll back to the older drivers it looks like.

Thanks,
    Bats

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  13. smoney

smoney Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NITRO R9 390
    Whats with CCC crashing on startup for the last few drivers? Anyone have a fix?

14. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    My 6850 idle clocks are pushed right up to max all the time with this driverset, usually on my desktop it's at 300/300 but now its at 820/1100 all the time - went back to 12.3 pre whql and it's all good again.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  15. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090 FE
    So far these are fine for all the games I play, only thing in Team Fortress 2 is water is black again on 2Fort but still no problems. Will use them until AMD or new leak is out.

16. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    Another observation, i use a TrackIR device and the software interface it uses is OpenGL based - this driver breaks it totally, all you see is an "error" messege whenever you try to launch it.

17. Dynastar

Dynastar Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Ti SC
    Good evening there

Btw,for all those who could get a problem with video converter,you might be interested to download my full custom repack who should definitively fix this ambarasting problem anyway.

More details :

changes compared to original untouched complete driver package :

1)Added AVT and AVT64 application package coming directly from previous and very latest Beta_preview 8.95 build from January 24 (should definitively fix the actual recurrent video converter's problem
    as not fully properly functional in CCC anyway...)
    Added CIM (catalyst installation manager) as additional stuff as well as Hydravision application package who both still coming through the same previous latest beta 8.95 build.
    Indeed you can unselect any of them if you don't want to install except AVT or your video converter will not work at all so.
    Tested on Laptop and Desktop products and seems working perfectly fine by far as well.
    Checked directly by DVDFab and confirmed as working properly as well anyway.
    APP is working too and fully fonctional on most other video converters as well

Permanent direct download HotLinking : (192,54 Mo)

http://www.mediafire.com/?755p5clj1mx5ql8

enjoy and regards

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  18. DeFade

DeFade Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireToxic R9 280X 3GB
    Seem a bit better than 8.95 for me and my 6870. Warzones are still pretty rubbish though. That's obviously something that needs fixing on BW's side though.

My game has also stopped crashing! Performance feels about the same if not better.

19. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    CCC wont start, and my GPU wont idle - fully OC pegged.

20. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    Ditto, had to go back to 8.95, i hope an updated 8.96 makes an appearance soon without this problem :)