AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.951.1 March 3rd) Win V/7/8 Unofficial BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Mar 16, 2012.

1. ipredator

ipredator Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Thats the issue, most single card users reported great performance in 8.96 Feb28 and this driver set while it broke crossfire for almost everyone. That may be related to its alpha stage though (hopefully lol). Yet you should understand that so many Cfx users feel let down by AMD for purchasing multiple cards and encountering annoying problems as a result - and not seeing it fixed at all (like Skyrims face and yellow menu flickering issue after half a year).

Concludes in guys firstly visiting these forums and secondly complaining about every new not working set of appearing drivers.

2. iBen95111

iBen95111 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 480 8GB
    Thanks, this driver fixed my crashing issues for BF3 and Minecraft.
    I just installed this driver only over previous CCC, and it worked fine.

3. emottier

emottier Member

GPU:
    AMD HD6700M+Intel HD3000
    Switchable Graphics

Originally Posted by emottier
    Does not work for me with HD Intel+AMD Radeon HD 6700M.
    Yellow triangle on AMD Radeon annd CCC says it cannot use the AMD Radeon.

But your right, an Icon is now available for switchable graphics.

I tried also Driver Sweeper and CCleaner before reinstalling. Nope.:stewpid:

:bang::bang::bang::bang:
    I tried, tried and retried, it wont work.

Does anybody succeed with "Switchable Graphics" and W8?? :wanker:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  4. xacid0

xacid0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Gonna need OEM to release the switchable driver instead of AMD.

5. SamuelMaki

SamuelMaki Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Gigabyte 670 OC
    I got better download speeds via jumbofiles (use some download manager!). But more important is upload speed, that 120mb taked 15s to upload:)

6. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Ah, right, forgot to mention this.
    In this set PowerPlay works properly, unlike in 8.960 where clocks tend, if not always, to get stuck on 3D clocks.

7. PolishTechGuy

PolishTechGuy Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780GHz
    This sucks, i've been waiting so long for a proper 7970 driver with lots of improvements, all for nothing, another useless driver.

8. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    You have to use official switchable drivers. Unnoficial drivers, which aren't signed, like Leshcat drivers, won't work in Windows 8, even if you bypass the Driver Signature Enforcement.

In my laptop all I had to do was the following:

1) Clean all drivers using Genetix Cleaner + Driver Sweeper + CCleaner (Using ATIMAN in Windows 8 is complicated and not worth the effort to get it to work)

2) Reboot. Windows should start in low-resolution.

3) Install the latest official drivers using the "Have Disk" method in the Device Manager.

4) Reboot

5) Install the March 3rd drivers.

6) Reboot.

6) Play games! :banana:

Also, be sure to hide the AMD driver update in Windows Update!

9. emottier

emottier Member

GPU:
    AMD HD6700M+Intel HD3000
    Switchable Graphics

Thank you for your help. But according to your profile you use only one Graphic Adapter. So we are speaking here about two Graphics adapters being switchable dynamically in function of use and load.

Note: I already tried low resolution on both Graphics adapters, but with CCC. It did not work. I will try without CCC if you can confirm that you are using two graphics adapters working switchable (Need the installation of CCC).

10. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I also have a Touchsmart Tm2, which has an Intel GPU + Radeon 5450.

Just read the above steps, you have to completely uninstall everything first, including the CCC!

11. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    Ive thought about it...

Crossfire better work by the time the 7990 comes out. lol

I want to crossfire but really? should i? Not at these prices for 7970.. yet.

But when i do? will it actually work?

why am i questioning this when its made to work?

is something wrong? you guys are scaring me out of getting a second card lol

12. Sobek

Sobek Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    Just curious what 'Windows V' in the thread title means?

13. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    vista..

14. Sobek

Sobek Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    Heh yeah just realised that. My mind was in 'numeral' mode and seeing a V beside 7/8 made me think 'Windows 5'. No worries, I've practically forgotten about old Vista.

15. DEATHxxHIPPIE

DEATHxxHIPPIE Member

GPU:
    2 5850's
    only problem with these drivers is that i've been getting some BSOD's when i'm shutting the computer down or just on the desktop, about a power_state

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Um...Crossfire does work on official sets and the new 8.950.5 set that was leaked.

Sets like this one in this thread are leaked early builds, don't expect ANYTHING to work properly.

Right now the 8.950.5's are the best set avialable for HD 7 series crossfire. Works like a dream. The official 12.2 WHQL set works great too, but grab the 8.950.5's for Alan Wake.

So don't misunderstand whats going on here. This driver posted is a leaked UNOFFICIAL BETA. It's not surprising crossfire doesn't work. Pay close attention to thread titles.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  17. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    i knew it was leaked. BUT i didnt know crossfire doesnt usually work with leaked drivers... and i didnt know people tried leaked drivers if they didnt have problems with the official drivers.

18. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Master Guru

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    vava viva ...this driver rocks in BF3 !!!! and what is surprise i get faster control response now...yu must check it....!!!
    my rig is in info panel

19. cowman

cowman Guest

I find your comments entertaining! You say the same thing about each driver release almost! Our systems are similiar so it's interesting to me that you say each driver is better than the last! What were you on before this and how much better are they for you in terms of FPS? What do you mean by "faster control response"?

20. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Can anyone compare this to 12.3 whql? I just switched from 12.2preview to 12.3 whql ( i know its the 12.2 driver?) But it made BF3 and some other games run mega better. I can finally run BF3 on ultra at 1080!

[​IMG]

Tis a great thing when I can run BF3 at 45+ fps on 64 player conquest large. I may never change this driver again.

So yea, how is this one compared?