AMD Catalyst 12.9 (9.001 September 13) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BugMeister

BugMeister Member Guru

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    [​IMG]

- hmmm, since you put it that way..:thumbdown

- apologies, etc..

2. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    I downloaded this one:

http://www.dllme.com/dll/files/atiumd64_dll.html

It seems to have rectified the problem. Just to be on the safe side save a copy of the current atiumd64.dll file before swapping.

Remember, you have to be booted into safe mode to swap this file.

3. Miken420

Miken420 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    Thanks for this. It fixed my problem!

4. AMDDriversSUCK

AMDDriversSUCK Banned

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7750
    Like a few others here, I'm getting random 2D clocks while gaming. It's like my card just gives up every now and again.

I've been suffering from this issue since 12.4 but it's really been exacerbated with this driver. :mad:

5. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970M
    Yay for registering just to troll AMD.. :banana:

Just curious, does Nvidia pay you? Is there some sort of program I am unaware of where you can get $$$ for every post that troll AMD drivers? A penny for every troll post?

6. AMDDriversSUCK

AMDDriversSUCK Banned

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7750
    I registered because I'm frustrated with my new card - it's been nothing but trouble for me.

My username is pretty antagonistic, sure, but I have yet to install a single set of drivers that haven't given me a headache.

7. ipredator

ipredator Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    I can totally feel your pain man. That's why I ordered a 680M.

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I'll be getting a 7850 in a few days, but I've had very little to no issues with any driver (performance and graphics-wise) on my 5570.

Only major pain I've had lately was trying to install unofficial beta drivers on Windows 8; but that's more because of Microsoft...

9. AMDDriversSUCK

AMDDriversSUCK Banned

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7750
    Well, I wish you luck with your new card. I don't think AMD have got to grips with the 7 series yet.

I'm thinking it could be my dated motherboard and CPU bottlenecking my card and causing these problems, but I'm certainly not the only one getting random 2D clocks, and my PSU has more than enough juice to handle things. Bah. :bang:

10. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    You could be specific on your issues. I have had nothing but a great time with my HD 7970 Crossfire.

If you were, maybe we could help you instead of blaming a company first.

As you stated about your CPU/MB bottlenecking, this is a very real scenario in your case.

We need benchmarks if you would please, and compare to benches with a stronger CPU/Board.

Also please pay attention to this part...

AMD announced that outdated BIOS can and will conflict with new driver sets, causing undesired performance, aka 2D clock issue.

In other words, you may be on to something when you mention outdated CPU/MB. AMD has recommended everybody update to the newest BIOS they have. Sometimes even the newest on older chipsets is still outdated. Also the newer drivers run off of .net 4.0. You can install .net 4.5 to maximize the compatibility/security of .net.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

11. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Ok, so I thoroughly uninstalled the 12.8 set again following this guide:

http://www.overclock.net/t/988215/h...l-ati-amd-software-drivers-for-graphics-cards

I was a bit weary of using Driver Sweeper as it doesn't seem to be supported anymore and some users have warned that it may delete important system files. Then I installed the new 12.9 betas and the shadows are gone again when set to ultra in Skyrim. It's weird that it only happens outdoors. Inside, the shadows work fine. I've narrowed it down to one line in the SkyrimPrefs.ini:
    iShadowMapResolution=4096

If I set this value to 2048 (1/2) or even 8192 (x2), shadows work outdoors again. The problem is that 2048 looks kind of crappy and 8192 substantially lowers performance. I might just stick with the 2048 shadows and hope that 12.9 official drivers resolve the issue.

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Are you 100% positive that is the issue? I have shadows set to 4096 and they work fine.

Maybe its conflicting with a mod or another setting in the inf?

13. acereborn

acereborn Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 OC
    Same for me. No outdoor shadows with iShadowMapResolution=4096.

14. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Well I deleted my ini and had Skyrim generate a new one with Ultra shadows. Loaded the game without any mods or added meshes/textures and still the same result. Maybe it's specific to single card 7970 setups as you're running crossfire. Not a huge deal as these are beta drivers but I thought there was a similar issue in an earlier driver set (don't remember which one). I'll be annoyed if the next official set has this issue.

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Hmm, well that is a strange issue. I'll try disabling Crossfire a bit later and try it out to see what happens.

16. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Ok, that would be nice. Only acereborn and myself seem to have experienced this here (based on this thread). I also posted on the Bethsoft forum a few days ago but no one else has confirmed this yet:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/14...scussion-merged-similar-topics-2/page__st__90

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Well I still have outdoor shadows, even with Crossfire on. Trees were casting shadows as well as my character and rocks etc.

Not sure what to say about it.

18. srps

srps Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GT OCV1
    You can try Driver Fusion or Atiman Uninstaller 7.0.2, both should work well.

I use Driver Fusion on each new install and I've yet to see problems arise. Atiman's is probably more tailored for AMD stuff, I'm not sure of all the differences.

I don't have Skyrim installed so I can't really comment on the issue though.

19. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    ???
    goodluck with your 7850, i've had nothing but trouble with my newly bought 7850, the clocks are constantly switching between 2d and 3d clocks during gaming, and it caused major stuttering, haven't found a fix for this yet.

someone suggested i use the old 12.4 or 12.6 drivers, but maybe i'll try it later, kinda a bit lazy to uninstall then reinstall the driver.

btw does anyone know if the voltage issue for MSI power edition are only for the 660Ti and 670 only ?

cos i heard MSI Power edition cheated by using 9v, from the test results, and nvidia are furious with MSI, and telling MSI to fix it.

Edit :
    and forgot to mention, AMD locked the Max OC to only 1050 MHz for all 7850.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  20. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti

Nvidia is butthurt because AMD/ATI pulled ahead of the GTX 680 with Ghz edition and further OCing of even that BIOS.

They are such crybabies lately. They even take down their forums and blame it on hackers when it's clearly for another reason. Too many complaints going there way it seems. And now they cry yet again to MSI over something stupid. Nope just not allowed to outdo Nvidia are we?