AMD Catalyst 12.9 (9.001 September 13) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

So, I got my 7850. Has some hardware issue with cooling, but driver-wise, I only have two issues. One was the random green video on flash player (although I'm thinking this has to do with either disabling 2D clocks or overclocking with HIS's tool), and the other being trying to wake the system from monitor sleep (have to ctrl alt del to get a screen, and I'm not 100% sure if this is related to this driver or not)

2. erocker

erocker Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Anyone else have the issue of the AMD Video Converter (used to be AVIVO), not showing up in CCC after it's been installed? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3. wellison

wellison Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 ASUS Strix 4gb
    my 6950 2gb xfx is overheating alone with this drivers... i turning back to 12.6b

4. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    Now that's something that should never happen.
    Have you overclocked, dusty fans or all together bad airflow in your case?
    You might also want to update your profile :)

5. Czarnodziej

Czarnodziej Member

GPU:
    6950 SHADER MOD
    Ive been getting random "“Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" prompts on Win8 Trial. Haven't seen these with any other drivers. Its strange, because it occurs only when there is almost no gpu load (desktop/web browsing).

6. wellison

wellison Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 ASUS Strix 4gb
    i updated my profile thanks, why my GPu overheating? I turn back to the oldest drivers 12.6b and its normal again

7. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Going back to a previous driver. This version is horrible for Crossfire.

Explorer keeps crashing and it brings down games as well (D3).

Single card mode is better, but still crashes sometimes.

8. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    i got major suttering when playing Pro Evolution Soccer 2013, using this driver, haven't checked using old driver, because PES 2013 is a new title.

9. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    I started using those "12.10" APU drivers that Inferno posted earlier. They might be the same driver as the 12.9 beta but that set doesn't cause explorer.exe crashes like this set does.

I'll be sticking with those.

:Edit: After playing some more games today, I finally had explorer.exe crash on me. It's weird because before it was only crashing A. At game launch and B. If CrossfireX was enabled.

I ended up grabbing the atiumd64.dll from the 12.8 set and replacing the 12.9 one with it in Windows/System32. So far no explorer.exe crashes and I've been playing XCOM all day. Also there's no "This is not a valid windows file" errors at startup or CCC launch like there was with that older atiumd64.dll. This seems to have done the trick!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  10. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    well i'm using 12.9 beta, and never had any explorer crash issue.

11. SlazsH

SlazsH Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Trio X
    Is there any way to get rid of the desktop flickering when using unofficial overclocking in MSI afterburner with these drivers? Even in Sapphire TriXX, same problem.

12. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    nope, unless you go back to stock clock,

btw did your gpu underclock all the time on stock clock when you enable unofficial OC ?

because mine went from 300 MHz for 2d clock to 150 MHz for 2d clock.

and it refuse to go up, unless i'm not using stock clock.

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hmm, I recall the same desktop flicker with the unofficial overclocking method, just thought my GPU was broken or something.

In any case; running Kombuster seemed to stop the flickering. Another alternative might be just to use another overclocking program like HIS's tool or Trixx

14. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    This set is crashing while running Torchlight2 after a few seconds even with 12.9cap1...

15. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Anyone tried any linux rig? I'm interested at this one, even though I still use W7

Thanks

16. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Working fine on Oneiric :)

17. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    So, can people confirm that the "12.10" "beta" stops those explorer.exe errors? Do I need to modify it to install it for my 5850/5970 setup?

18. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Did this still work for you? I'm trying to play Crysis with the 12.4 drivers and it runs pretty bad... I'm getting below 20fps in some parts.

I want to go to the 12.9s but the explorer crash is too often for me.

I'm also shocked that it's been over a month since there's been a driver update... it sucks. :bang:

19. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    No still crashes, that "12.10" is in fact 12.9 beta exactly the same driver.

20. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    Bugger. Guess it's back to 12.4 then (for the time being)! Still appreciate your work though, asder :)