AMD Catalyst 12.7 BETA (8.981.2 June 12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Is that you in the pic asder :D

2. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    no, its Patrick Bateman ie American Psycho

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Looks like Christian Bale to me. ;)

4. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    my clocks stuck as well, and over drive wouldnt stick at +20.

A reboot fixed it all.

5. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    I have a 5870m, if I'm using 9.00 drivers should i bother trying these or???

6. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    these are more stable

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Anyway to copy the D3D stuff from these drivers, and use them on the 9.00 driver package? To my knowledge, the D3D stuff on these drivers are the only thing that's newer

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Back to the April 18th, 8.97 12.5 BETAs for me, just tried the Crysis bench, as it was nearly finished loading up to run, i got a black screen with 100% fan, had to hard restart.

9. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    That's the exact problem I'm talking about. Except that happened to me in 2D (or when games switched from 3D to 2D) on BOTH XP and W7 12.6's (very randomly). I'm guessing that your card was in 2D during that loading screen, and....bam.....

BTW were you overclocking when this happened?
    Also, how do you copy JUST the d3d files from newer drivers? In XP it was ati3duag.dll, but what is it in W7?

10. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    [​IMG]

PS. If it's okay, I'm just going to post this here, see if anyone has any ideas. I don't think it's driver *specific*, but I'm sure there's a setting somewhere that relates to it. Don't really deem it as thread-worthy:
    Just bought this on sale, but for some reason whenever I enable the "widescreen" flag in the config for the game, I get crazy stuff like this happening:
    [​IMG]

For some reason, 2D images always take priority over 3D objects. And it gets even worse in-game, with all the textures swapped with others. But, when disabling widescreen, works fine. No other options make a difference.

Ideas?

FYI, PC specs in my info box are completely correct :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012

11. Bat_Zonko

Bat_Zonko Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC
    Hmm, never had the fan spike in the previous two betas. I had it crash because of the voltage dropping like a rock to the 2d levels when switching bench screens and staying there.

Seems to be okay with this set. I ran my normal benches, and there were no crashes.

I'm watching it like crazy in Fallout New Vegas right now, and the GPU usage in that game drops down to zero and back up all the time. So the voltage is constantly down to 0.8 and then back up to 1.15 and so on.

In the other betas, it would drop to 0.8 and never get off that value even when the GPU usage went up. So far, so good with these.

But it makes me nervous. Seems to be fine, since the clock speed is correlating to the GPU usage drop and voltage drop, so I shouldn't get the under-volt crashes I had before (hopefully).

Sapphire Trixx 4.3 also seems to be working fine. No need for the DLL library as before. And the CCC is not resetting my fans. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: And BAMM! Just had it drop down to 0.804 with the clocks speeds at 1050 and low GPU usage and it crashes. Just like the other betas. Ugggh :(

Obiviously there are still problems with overlocking and the new drivers. Hopefully AMD is working with Sapphire and others so this gets sorted out. Back to the April 18th 8_97 release.

Bats

12. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    is anyone running crossfire 7970's with 12.7 beta?

Nevermind

just read

FAIL for second GPU after disabled ULPS, only 500/1375 MHz

13. syncore

syncore Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    For some reason these would not install for me at all on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, using either the included setup.exe or the 'have disk' method. Strange. The June 4 beta and 9.00 installed flawlessly, however, these did not :wanker:

Edit: finally got them to install, but had to use the 'have disk' method. Otherwise, if I tried using the AMD installer, it would say ".inf file not found" and would not install the display driver component.

14. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
    same here for my second 6970 !!! but after run any game, fixed.
    After restart again 500/1375....

THATS FUNNY !!!!

15. bc_tileguy

bc_tileguy Active Member

GPU:
    xfx 7970 crossfire
    yeah i'm using 7970 crossfire with these kick ass drivers :) and lovin every minute of it :banana:

16. nofear4u

nofear4u Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 SC 4GB SLI
    Wait im confused now lol...installed so many betas in the past month n half dont know which driver is newer at this point.

Can somone tell me which beta i hav installed here:
    [​IMG]

Thanks. :grin2:

17. bc_tileguy

bc_tileguy Active Member

GPU:
    xfx 7970 crossfire
    lol you have the AMD Catalyst 12.x (9.00 June 12) Unofficial BETA installed , if i were you i would give the beta 12.7 a try

18. WarmWin

WarmWin New Member

GPU:
    AMD 6770m
    Sorry, I'm quite new to this...I have some questions since I have trouble installing this driver.

Problem: I use atiman's uninstaller, install this driver, reboot, get "no amd graphics driver has been installed"; on device manager (list thing) my mobile intel HD graphics is having issues.

Does this beta support 6770m? (6700m series?)
    Is the driver not properly installing because of switchable graphics? If so, how can I get around this problem? Thanks...

+What's the best/stable driver for 6770m at the moment? Does anyone know?

19. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    This is the process you should follow.

Uninstall current driver (either via Add/Remove Progs or the setup.exe that came with the driver)
    Reboot.
    Run Atiman.
    Reboot once that's finished.
    If your resolution is still in native res, it means there's remnants of a driver left. Atiman that mofo again.
    Reboot
    If it's in 640x480, you're golden. Install your new drivers.

20. blandead

blandead Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6970 2GB
    It's not all that necessary to uninstall drivers unless you are specifically having issues or weird things happen. Otherwise, I would open CCC > Click Preferences > Restore Factory Default Settings. Then Install new drivers. Uninstalling all can be a real pain in the ass if you have APP SDK installed, and depending on the SDK you have the windows environment variables can get screwed up.

Can't hurt to do a registry cleaner though, provided you have a reliable one.