AMD Catalyst 12.7 BETA (8.981.2 June 12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    I got no problems with this set actually just the litle bug of 3D clocks dont get down on one card after restart, i have to run a 3D ap. to get it down. I also notice that my cards are running hotter like 5-7 degrees C along with the Fps :rock:. They are working better on general at least on my 6850s config. :bigsmile:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  2. Maspast

Maspast Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD7970 Double D
    I have a problem with installing this driver, I type in destination and it say cannot create or dont exist. I typed exactly what asder type

destination folder:
    twitter.com/asder00

anyone can help?

3. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    is there anywhere else i can get this file? I have installed that ilivid crap and nothing downloads?

4. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Anyone? Seems like my post went on the wayside...

And all this stuff about atiman and flash player DOES NOT APPLY. The problems are the VOLTAGES in 2D causing bizarre crashes in 2D/IE/GUI/windowed apps (not in 3D). So can someone please check the 2d voltages?

I had to roll back to the 12.5 betas also--which work *perfectly*. Both the 12.6's (didn't bother trying 12.7's since the same problems have been reported) cause random crashes or black screen with fan @ 100% in 2D (or right after a 3D to 2D mode switch (especially at the end of a league of legends session when you should be sent back to the windows client).

It has NOTHING to do with flash.
    The windows XP 12.6's had the same black screen/fan 100% crash happen right after I opened IE/google to look at the address of a building....

I REALLY DOUBT This webpage uses flash.....
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/super-arcade-walnut-2

P.S. I didn't test to see if the 2d crashes happen if you stay in CCC limits, though. It MAY be related to RAM clocks/voltages not being set right after running games or something. (I did notice, at the end of a league of legends game, when the client should switch back to windows, right at the start of the 2D windows switch, I saw the infamous "white screen" gsod for about half a second, then black screen with fan at 100%...

*edit again*
    since this happened in XP 12.6's as well as W7, I can take a random guess that the card kicked into 3D speeds on the desktop (scrolling webpages or twirling your IE browser window around can cause the card speeds to change to 3D speeds) but possibly the voltages were too low for it? (again its a random complete video shutdown crash)

5. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    Are you serious?

Type C:\AMD :bang:

6. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    LMAO
    u cant be serious, must be super trolling mode enabled. With tessellation on.

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just got around to trying these, upon install, i got a security alert (which ive never had before), about not being able to verify the publisher (i normally just get that the driver isn't WHQL'd when it gets up to install it) , but i installed anyway, and once installed, i had to re-do my OC, and my 3D App. Settings, as they had gone back to default settings, only my colour settings were brought across from previous drivers. :p

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    [​IMG]

Lol :D

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Anyones Power setting not sticking at +20% in the Overdrive, when i apply it, it just jumps straight back to the default 0.

EDIT: Sorted, had to re-tick the Enable Graphics Overdrive. :p

10. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Then explain me how come every time i got that issues,(display drivers has stopped responding) after re installing my browser, and flash it got fixed? is it still the clocks? nope, so yea it is the flash in many situations.

11. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    "Display driver has stopped responding?" Or black screen with 100% fan speed? I'm talking about the second, not the first.

You need to be more clear. You also didnt mention anything about the discrepency in the 2D voltages (0.79v vs 0.84v).

Plus this happened in *XP* on a page that doesn't even use flash..(see that webpage link I posted above)-(I only saw this happen in windows 7 when ending league of legends games).

I'm guessing it happened in XP there because I was browsing and scrolling the page, and scrolling puts the card in 3D speeds on the desktop.

BTW, since I DID see a temporary white screen GSOD (half a second, before the black screen+100% fan lockup) the last time this happened in W7 (On the 12.6 betas) right after I clicked the "Victory" button in a League of Legends game, and it was trying to switch to the windows desktop, it could very well be the DDR memory trying to run at 1700 mhz on the desktop but with improper voltages (since you can get 3d speeds on the desktop, btw).

Anyway, I'm back to 12.5's with zero problems.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Seem to have installed more sound stuff, got a couple more hi def jobbies, and everytime i restart, i get a red X over the volume icon, and it says the audio service isn't running (or some crap :p), but then it sorts itself out and works.

Scores are up a bit on Heaven and 3D Mark, and also ran through couple of games, which were fine, so will see how these go :)

13. kidsafe

kidsafe Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
    Because you are talking about a different issue. What the previous poster is talking about is exactly right.

He is getting a black screen screen, hard lock-up because any driver which sets his default 2D voltage to .8V eventually trips on itself when switching between ULPS/2D/3D modes. The ones that set his 2D voltage to .85V are generally fine, but for me the older drivers still have wake-from-sleep or idle issues sometimes.

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Drivers have nothing to do with setting voltage as far as I'm aware. This is set by the BIOS and profiles.xml located in AppData\Local\ATI\ACE for 3D mode.

Maybe it's different for 7xxx series, but I doubt it...

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No coloured stripy screen crashes yet with these, so a good sign :p

16. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    EDITED: BF3 works like a charm, it was a language issue (my fault). Solved it and now is working fine.
    Other games working better, even MP3.
    I DID uninstall CAPS.

17. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Ah ok dude, sorry for misunderstanding :)

And yes 12.5 where great drivers stability wise.

18. Tieumuoi

Tieumuoi Member

GPU:
    XfX hd
    I got this WARNING: DRIVER NOT VERIFIED ...blah..blah...as installing.
    COMPLETE without ERROR.
    I lost OVERDRIVE when i turned it on in Catalyst Control. What happens to the OVERDRIVE ??

19. Simkin84

Simkin84 Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI HD 7970 @1150/1600
    My second 7970 is stuck @ 500/1575 with this driver :(

reulting in high temp.

20. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    lol :grin:

Try restoring factory defaults in ccc.