AMD Catalyst 12.7 BETA (8.981.2 June 12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
    FAIL for second GPU after disabled ULPS, only 500/1375 MHz

2. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I Tried these drivers with BF3 and performance was smooth and no problems!

3. GX-BadAngeL

GX-BadAngeL Member

GPU:
    7970 WC
    wich voltage in 2d on this driver on 7970?

4. Derko1

Derko1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x1080s
    For me it's 0.89...

It's weird... I had a ton of artifacts before... but they weren't due to OCing. But they were just simply there. Now they are gone and everything runs fine... if I enable any of the settings for videos though... the whole thing turns into a garbled mess of noise if I do. Otherwise... I still have the same issues with flickering in 2D not all the time though... and also issues with scaling not coming on until after a few secs of the PC being rebooted.

Otherwise! They are great performers!

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Everything says it is already up to date with these from the last beta's apart from the media transcoding

6. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    Yep, I noticed that also. Wonder if the slight increase in version numbers isn't great enough for the install manager to recommend an update?

7. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Install manager only checks for driver/app version so if you have 9.00 it won't update to a lower one, it does not check for component version like D3D, OGL and so on...

8. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    I have this issue with EVERY single beta release from 12.5 onwards - it has to do with the clocks going too low and then never being able to restore unless you go to a D3D application, but will drop soon after.

So many betas all with the same problem... AMD is really not on their game with the 7xxx series cards.

9. ipredator

ipredator Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Honestly after what people report here I think the 5k Series was the last one properly supported by AMD, and that only during its prime life time.

10. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    Thanks for the clarification.

11. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
    Now after starting the PC again, I see that no more fail of the second GPU clocks.
    So for now the 12.7 Beta works fine, I'll try the games.

12. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 SUPER
    This set is clearly the best for me. BF3 is extremely smooth. Capped at 65FPS and tearing almost gone. Very nice image quality.

I play on High Settings with Ultra Textures and 2xMSAA. Blur off, Post-AA on Low. The card is running at 1Ghz, memory untouched.

Thanks, pal. I'm gonna stay with until the next WHQL set will be released. Unless a major issue will appear later.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  13. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Nevermind.

14. Cliff Couser

Cliff Couser Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7750
    hardware acceleration in Firefox 13 is much better. less screen jumping/stuttering.

keeping fingers crossed.

15. skoolz

skoolz Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3090
    Is anybody having crashing in BF3 with this driver? I keep having the game lock up, and when I task manager out of the game, there's an error message saying "Battlefield 3 has stopped working". This is after about 20 mins of play or so.

16. g00f

g00f New Member

GPU:
    Xfire AMD 7970's
    Mines doing this also....but no new drivers.....I KNOW its just the heat thats causing my crashes....its maybe 27C with both 7970's running in my room. We do have AC...but I pretty well want the rest of the house cooler then his room...but I may change that if it gets worst...so far it hasnt been that bad....but ya, the heat is definitely my gremlin.

17. Olvik

Olvik Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX Titan Black
    Thanks...! :)

18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Just had the time to test this on my desktop 5770.
    It's probably the first leaked driver in which CCC loads properly post-12.1 and not having CLIStart.exe hanging around in Task Manager.
    For me, at the least, and under a clean installation.

And it seems either AMD or Adobe has fixed the green Flash video playback when hardware acceleration in Flash is enabled ever since...12.6 Beta?
    I'm not sure, but it's quite recent, and thumbs up nevertheless.

Games, I haven't tested any (yet).
    I also haven't tested video playback with DXVA which usually gives me a blank video in MPC-HC.
    Will do a thorough test on those later on and get back here later, probably along with tests from my 5650m as well (it's still using marthand's leaked 9.00).

19. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

@k1net1cs hi mate, i dont have any prbms with MPC works perfectly, Im using 12.6 beta Official driver bt i have prblm with Vlc Hardware acceleration with this driver and wat's "CLIStart.exe" i can't find it on my taskmanager :)

20. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Because you don't use the built-in EVR and use madVR, right?
    I was talking about MPC-HC's built-in EVR with DXVA.
    How many times do I have to explain the difference until you understand?

As for that CLIStart.exe, it's only run if you get CCC to auto-start every time Windows starts up (or you log in).
    It's basically what starts CCC.exe and subsequently MOM.exe.
    With some past releases post-12.1, especially marthand's leaked drivers, when Windows starts up it just idles at CLIStart.exe and CCC.exe won't start until you open the CCC panel via right-clicking the desktop or the tray icon.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012