AMD Catalyst 12.7 (8.981.2.1 June 25) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. fluxetreflux

fluxetreflux New Member

GPU:
    ATI 5770 CF / 5870m
    Thanks for the info. Here's exactly where i found it

[​IMG]

I change the value in 12.7

[​IMG]

And it's ok. Thanks again...

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yeah, its whatever the highest one is, i had a 000, therefore i used 001.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well ive ordered a 670 seen as my boards no longer compatible with my 7970.

4. Bat_Zonko

Bat_Zonko Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC
    Well, it's probably of no comfort, but that BIOS upgrade did not fix the Grey Screen of Death of I have been having since the April18th drivers.

I'm not quite ready to jump ship, but it is getting closer. I think AMD is trying to get their driver image and real world implementation up to Nvidia's level, but they waited for so long they are really behind the eight ball.

I keep hoping they will get it sorted out and have some "Wow, that's cool and actually works" drivers soon. If Nvidia had a 3Gig memory board for the 670/680 I would have seriously cosidered them when I upgraded. That is one thing I really like about the 7950 is the memory size. I hit +2Gigs in Skyrim and now in Fallout New Vegas all the time.

Bats

5. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    :approval:

I hope for you it goes as you wish !

For this generation, I was going to buy 2 Geforce, but I remembered my motherboard has an AMD chipset and doesn't support SLI and I want 2 v-cards for maximum AA + transparencies and Good FPS.... Certainly, I could invest more to change my board(+ CPU + RAM), but I also have an OEM version of win7 which is apparently tied to CPU and/or v-cards and/or motherboard. At that point, it's a completely new system and quite frankly, similar to AMD's Bulldozer, Ivy Bridge wasn't the 'BIG' boost in video games performance some were dreaming of... So i postponed my system major face-lift until Ivy Bridge's successor and Windows 8 make their appearances.

Anyway, all this was to say that I appreciated your presence here Rich_Guy and you are among my favorite forum users.

You'll probably be more present on the Geforce section of the forum and before you do, I wish you all the best!!!
    :)
    :rock:

6. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Disable Aero - thank me later.

I read in a german forum that a lot of users have the same Problem with "colorful" Screen freezes in Idle-Mode. Disabling Aero seems to fix it and "we" reported it to AMD already. So you could try that too.

you also should report it to Amd www.amd.com/report

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  7. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Why not to order new MB+CPU+Memory?
    X58 is outdated, new SATA 3 controler on Z77 boards are epic. :D

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thankyou Groovy-Music, and welcome to the forums :)

It does me :p

9. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    - ouch, I just took an arrow in the knee..!! :frown:

10. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Disabling Aero is not the fix.
    I've had aero disabled since the very first day I installed windows 7. That was probably one of the VERY FIRST Things I disabled!

BTW, the idle GSOD happens in *WINDOWS XP*, too (12.6+)!! That should tell you straight off it has NOTHING to do with Aero.

When I went back to the 12.4 XP hotfix (or whatever that beta was called), guess what? ZERO GSOD's. Zero. (now I just have to deal with Sacred 2 being unplayable regardless of what OS I use (12.7s didn't fix it either)--XP-graphic glitches, random VPU recovers+game freezes, W7=no graphic glitches, no VPU Recovers, but random game freezes).

11. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Shame you gave up but I get it. I have only had the odd idle lock up and the browser lock up which was easily fixed by disabling HW Accel. in FF.

12. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    I just got the grey screen while I'm on Windows Basic Mode...

3 times I got it lately ( one grey, one grey with vertical stripes and one purple ), I was on manual OC... I'm trying to figure out if the OC is the culprit...

In all of the 3 times, I was browsing... The first two while I tried to reload a site with HWA on and the third, I just tried to interact with a comments box ( clicked to write and bam! ).

I had a very similar problem ( black screen, but without the freeze ) with browsers when I was on my GTX460. You probably have heard off. They solved it after many drivers updates ( 275.33 the last good set, 290.16 the first good set after the problem ).

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  13. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    I had the same issue with the 7970 I had and it wasn't fixed by disabling HW acceleration in firefox. I tried other drivers too, but oh well...what's done is done lol.

14. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx

Sorry to hear that. It still seems to be a fix for a lot of people though. Do you have anything enabled what makes the Card go into 3d Mode sometimes? I still think it could be related. You got the GSOD on Idle or in Games? If you get it in Games it could be the GPU-Ram.

When i overclock my GPU-Ram to far i get a GSOD or even a Blue Striped Screen.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Was getting them all the time on the 12.6 BETAs, even with HW Accel. disabled in FF, and that was just while browsing, or doing nothing at all.

Thought the 12.7 BETAs were fine, as i had no problems with those for days, ran through a few benchies after install, all fine, then started up Fear 2 one day, and bam, not long into it i got the good old black screen, then a second or 2 later the 100% fan, so had to hard restart, wen't back to the April 18th 12.5 BETAs, and back to 100% stable, no crashes, no 100% fans, absolutely nothing, games, everything running fine with no problems, so how AMD can say its your motherboard thats the problem, when its only their later drivers making it crash due to a change they have made in them, is beyond me, as if it was my board, then how come my card has been working fine on it for 6+ months, and is only crashing on their later drivers, that they've made a change to, as if it wasn't comaptible with this board, then it wouldn't have worked from day 1 of installing it.

16. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    I think I'm the only one in the world that never has as many issues as I see here downloading and installing a driver. You guys gotta stop buying ****ty games. :D JK!

These drivers work great for me so far, however my newest game are Max Payne 3, Skyrim, and BF3. All working great except for Skyrim's normal bugs.

17. Erizo

Erizo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3 GB
    Any variation of the 12.7 I will randomly get a black screen, 100% fan and my motherboard will beep. 12.6 works fine and every driver before the 12.7 for me!

18. Kaktus

Kaktus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    At the end of the day it still is only a Beta driver. So issues are bound to creep in. :)

19. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Does anyone else have screen flickering sometimes when 2d gaming or using flash? Using 12.7 beta.

20. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Never seen it in games.
    ONLY seen it in loading screens (when a game switches from 3D to 2D) or at the end of a game when it tries to switch back to the desktop, or while browsing/scrolling webpages on IE.