AMD Catalyst 12.7 (8.981.2.1 June 25) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Same here WTF???

Good hotfix

Regards

PS if you can use alternate drivers other than something from AMD as you can for audio go for it. New realtek hdmi 2.70 drivers up for ati hdmi audio

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

2. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
    You know where is the door? But you Who do you think?
    You must have respect, if you want to be respected!

3. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD never officially called/released a driver 12.7 yet. We did.

Not going to argue or continue about naming drivers, but this is getting boring and stupid.
    With all the current issues they release an official fix for qq dancer, probably asked by gigabyte ceo daughter who plays it, f**k the rest of the users .. who cares.

Can't wait for a price drop on 670...

4. ipredator

ipredator Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Haha yeah how can they even dare to post the QQ Dancer fix in the release notes while there are so many more pressing issues in more commonly played games.

I personally made my deadline, if by September/October this year nothing changes in AMD's driver department I'll swallow my pride and pay the significant extra money for a 680m instead of a 7970m just because the drivers will be less sucky.

5. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    thanks hopefully this will resolve the grey screen crashes from the june 12th 12.7 beta

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Some people seriously need to quit trolling/harassing other members.....**** gets old and ultimately accomplishes nothing but irritating those just looking to discuss a new driver.

Rich, thanks for the brief run-down of experienced changes for your system.

7. Maspast

Maspast Member

GPU:
    RADEON HD7970 Double D
    Guys enough argueing, I have been sitting here and I am crying..
    Fans of the AMD/ATI cards must never, ever argue.. What do you think the NVIDIA fanboys would think if they are reading this?

Please you are causing enough panic us all, to see that our leaders are turning against each other.

I beg of you both, to look at what your doing and look in your heart and tell me that being a fan of AMD/ATI should act like this? and especially the leader of us.

We must change, we must be one and support AMD/ATI...
    By God if AMD/ATI looses us their faithful fans, and NVIDIA take over and annihilate the competition... DONT YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?

It means AMD/ATI will die, thus meaning that our cards inevitably be replaced by a GREEN CARD!!!

Absolutly a horrific thought, that me even uttering these words reflect the gravity of this situation.

Please stop.

3dfx Vet.

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Well that's how it generally goes. people squabble of the most stupid of things. I tried to break it up myself and get people to focus on what it fixed instead of a dumb thing like driver numbering.

Anyway if AMD says its 12.6 hotfix, then its a 12.6 hotfix.

So, let's discuss the fixes in this driver.....

Cry Me A River Dancer, I've never even heard of this until now. Is AMD really taking things serious? Or has this become some kind of joke to them? I honestly feel very confused right now about where their heads are. :bang:

9. Natalia

Natalia Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1080 Ti SLi
    Got this, too. Went into a dungeon and it went away...

... went outside and it was back.

Also really fubar's the health bars, so you have no idea what your health is, or the health of enemies

10. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    :bang:

I hope AMD just releases drivers named using their build number from now on and people forget about the meaningless tag title associated with it right now.

Stay level headed people.

:)

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I think they both got the point looking at the time stamp on posts 51 and 52. I don't think asder00 is that fast at typing and providing links as to have done it after your post.

OT would it be safe to install these drivers now and then install the 7970 I will have in a few days or should I wait?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  12. Tieumuoi

Tieumuoi Member

GPU:
    XfX hd
    thanks asder a lot.

13. anujsetia

anujsetia New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    The AMD Driver Naming scheme works like this:

Year.Month

So this driver is rightly called 12.6 Hotfix (12 is the year i.e. 2012 & 6 is the month june). Had it been released in July it would have been 12.7

I hope this clears up everything.....

14. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    By releasing a fix for an unheard of online came shows that they have lost their direction. The division has no direction anymore. It is a free for all at the moment. The other side of the coin is, that this is all they are able to fix. The other more pressing issues are no where close to getting solved.

New architecture, new driver release model, is all marketing manure to buy time. Pogostick's (Piledriver) release is not even mentioned anymore. It's another huge embarassement in the making. Bulldozer was the beginning of the death spiral they are in. The mismanagement spilled over into their gpu division and need to work fast to recover from it.

15. anujsetia

anujsetia New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Just check the link below & you will know how much the performance has increased in well known games since AMD 7900 Series Graphics cards were launched.

http://www.ocaholic.ch/xoops/html/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=778

The AMD Driver team is doing really good job now a days after they had stopped the monthly WHQL Releases.

16. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Great Drivers for 5xxx series, It's Stable and no CMD Window on startup, Vlc Gpu Acceleration need to fix Testing Games.............

17. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @asder got mobility driver???

18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    It's included.
    Most leaked, Beta, and hotfix drivers include Mobility drivers.
    Only with WHQL sets AMD separate Desktop and Mobility drivers.

19. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx3070 gaming X
    its still a beta

20. vinyl

vinyl Active Member

GPU:
    6870(OC) @ 975mhz
    Haha funny thread... I seriously thought someone had spoofed a changelog until about 20 minutes later! :bigsmile:

Hmm, so it actually does look like 13.0 will be our first stable / bugfixed / fully-featured (downline) / non-bsod driver?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012