AMD Catalyst 12.7 (8.981.2.1 June 25) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Kaktus

Kaktus Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    3dmark scores are up by a few points... I'll test for black screen crashes in games tomorrow.. :)

2. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver Staff Member

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    You wanna know why in that page it says 12.6 and not 12.7?
    Because maybe they aren't ready for a full release of 12.7, the 12.7 i leaked days ago was the driver for the new 7970 1ghz edition, and is called 12.7 everywhere (inf, setup, and review sites) and the build is 8.981.2.0 June 12.
    THIS new beta build is 8.981.2.1 June 25 so you see what i'm saying here? It is obviously the same branch and therefore you can call it 12.7.
    YOU CAN'T call this driver 12.6.

And mr atiman i will call you anyway i like, if you don't like it you know where the door is.

3. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    If you make a real clean install with a serious uninstaller, this is the correct page.

[​IMG]

Please careful .

4. erocker

erocker Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    So will this break my overclock like the unofficial 12.7 beta? Or, does this include the profiles for the Ghz edition 7970 that seems to break my overclock?

5. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Only the package number and the CCC version change over the 12.7beta previously leaked ..

[​IMG]

@Erocker, how it break your OC? new 12.7 include DTE ( digital Thermal enhancement ), i have win 30-40mhz with it on max OC .

As it is really long to explain:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  6. asder00

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Some noob-proof imagery.

AMD Catalyst 12.7 BETA (8.981.2 June 12):
    [​IMG]

"12.6" QQ Dancer Hotfix, or better named AMD Catalyst 12.7 BETA (8.981.2.1 June 25):
    [​IMG]

Also don't forget they have all the same versioning number for D3D,2D,OGL,OCL.
    You can't call this 12.6!

Goodbye mr atiman!

7. Shinbo

Shinbo Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Went from 12.6 official beta to this set and seemed to have lost HDMI audio.

Will double check all settings but things seem to be correct.

*PC did go into standby mode after driver update so not sure if this is like the 12.4 hdmi audio bug or not....

8. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970

Exposed do not continue.

WE know about the previous mistake of unofficial version (have you official link?)
    You don't know.

And i repeat .... exposed do not continue.

Bye.

9. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    Missing some packages like GPU accelerated transcoding?

10. teppic

teppic Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    It's probably called 12.6 hotfix because it's released to be run on top of the current official beta, i.e. 12.6 beta.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Asder and John could you take your squabbling to PM's?

We just don't care.

AMD lists it as 12.6 hotfix because its of the 12.6 branch of drivers, plain and simple.

There is really little left to discuss. Nobody cares who was "right" or "wrong". :bang:

Look do you all want something to squabble over? Here I'll give you something..

This hotfix driver resolves the random black screen issue seen with the online game QQ Dancer.

The only fix is for the little heard of Cry Me a River dancer....when there are SO many MORE major issues in games that are actually PLAYED!

AMD WHY!!!!!???

12. asder00

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    Ahahahaah Previous mistake? So amd made a mistake calling that beta 12.7 yeah right DREAM ON ATIMAN!

Wanna talk about E X P O S E D?

Here read these 2 threads:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3665553&postcount=1249 (read the spoiler)
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=325040

I could go on with more of this, but thats enough to see what kind of person you are.

13. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Enough please. Seriously. Nobody F***** cares about you two in a love seat. Driver talk now okay? Please for the love of the community.

14. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    This set fix bad company 2 crossfire scaling?

15. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    having the same issue with this one on my HD7850 like with all beta drivers. Grey screen of death while browsing. Already tried my other HD 7850 also happens. Back to 12.4 problem gone. Hope they gonna fix that.

16. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    +1 don't even bother with these commentaries asder00... haters will always be haters. But, of course, and like always, thank you very much for your contributions !

On the other hand I want to try these but just upgraded to another beta branch wich is working fine for now and as I have CF I don't really want to be suffering with driver issues no more. Next month i'm switching to a single GTX670 and hope my journey on the 3D world becomes easier.

17. anopolis

anopolis New Member

GPU:
    7970xfire of doom
    OH BUUUUUURRRRRNNNN!!!!! Ric flair says WOOOOoooooooooo

18. erocker

erocker Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Well, with 8.97-120418a-137336E-ATI and previous (there's probably a couple revisions after this that would work fine) my card can clock to 1125/1525 rock stable with no voltage adjustment. With the 12.7 beta's the card doesn't want to do over 1050/1525 without crashing. Card is W/C'd all temps are good. I wish I knew exactly how it is breaking my OC so I can remedy it, but alas I don't know.

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Not had a single problem so far with these, working fine, promising :)

20. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    John Larsen is retarded or a klingon? I can't decipher anything he writes, and trying to do so makes me feel violated and hungover.