AMD Catalyst 12.6 (8.980.0 May 22) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Atreidin

Atreidin New Member

GPU:
    MSI R7870 Twin Frozr 2GB
    This driver rocks. HDMI audio problems solved, plus now perfectly stable with multiple monitors. Woo!

2. bc_tileguy

bc_tileguy Active Member

GPU:
    xfx 7970 crossfire
    yes these drivers do ROCK !! :banana: my overclocks even seamed to of increased :thumbup::thumbup:

3. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
  4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Confirmed, pretty bad corruption too. This is a 720p video too (OP to Lucky Star for anyone curious) and I'm using the stable x64 VLC 2.0.1 player.
    [​IMG]

Changing the output method doesn't seem to make a difference either (tried Direct3D, DirectDraw, and OpenGL). As someone said already, simply disabling Use GPU accelerated decoding fixes the issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012

5. Choseh

Choseh Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 3GB
    i just experienced a complete system shutdown (like poweroff) with 12.6 and my OC that was working fine before. how's that?

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I've had complete shutdowns in rare cases, but could repeat them. Pretty sure they weren't related to the GPU though, but who knows (one is if I run the Math test on my CPU in PerformanceTest 7, the other is when I'm running the WoW Mist of Pandaria Beta Client installer).

Not sure if I was running any beta drivers or not with PerformanceTest 7, but I was running some beta drivers with WoW. The shutdown would be just that, a complete shutdown. No BSOD or anything.

7. Choseh

Choseh Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 3GB
    it felt pretty much like a thermal safety something. i have no idea, but this never happened before. this is a 12.6 thing for me

8. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I am getting this now too.... Just shutdown out of the blue from the desktop. Coincidence? I checked with BlueScreenViewer and am getting BSOD error 0x00000050 NTKernal but nothing about these drivers.

Can you guys check your error logs with BlueScreenViewer (google it) and see what the error code is?

My cards are NOT OC'ed, just unlocked. Was ROCK solid with 12.4 OpenCL beta before.

House temp is controlled at 23 C.

9. Scerate

Scerate Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    Give those drivers a shot with my 6990M and yea they are working nice here, can even overclock & undervolt my card to 840/1000 @ 1.07v instead of my old OC Settings 830/1000 @ 1.1v don't know if these are really the drivers but not bad and only hitting 92 °C instead of old 95 °C

OC should be stable 2hr Heaven @ Extreme here. Gaming wise just tried TERA and yeah those drivers gave me some fps boost i'm @ 50-60fps now @ ingame max + 1920x1080 2xAA, at least thats 30-40fps more than on my main rig :p

10. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012

11. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Anyone else had/having problmes with these crashing in BF3 ?

Ive been away from my PC for a few weeks dealing with some family issues, thought id update to these and fire up some BF3 today, and keep getting a crash every few minutes with this as the cause "atidxx32.dll"

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I may have been having issues with these, see here :-

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=364012

At that video corruption above, i got that on them, but only for a few seconds afrer dragging the video along while playing (f fwd).

Ive gone back to the 12.5 April 18th BETAs, see if my problems persist.

13. skoolz

skoolz Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 3090
    I, too, am having an issue with 12.6 and my 7970 in a flash-based video chat room. When I would fullscreen the video, after about 20 seconds or so, the screen goes black and then my card's fan jumps to 100% super quickly making me think my computer is going to explode. This is a hard lock up, and I have to do a hard reboot with the power button. This was never an issue before I installed 12.6.

Also, I usually have my desktop duplicated on my monitor and my TV in the living room using CCC's duplicate option. It has been working fine before this driver, and now it creates a sort of 'flashing' along the bottom of the screen on both monitors when I set it up like this. It goes away with just a single monitor.

14. psyside

psyside Master Guru

GPU:
    7950 @1150/6000
    Best driver after 12.1, which was the last good from AMD, without a single doubt.

15. Illnino

Illnino Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Havent had a crash yet in BF3 with these drivers, had a shutdown once but i forgot to reset clocks from 1250/1700 when i loaded the game.

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Has anyone who tried Diablo III with these drivers noticed the game looking sharper by some chance? Game seems sharper to me, but idk if I'm seeing things, or if these drivers are actually doing it

17. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I've been doing further testing using ARMA 2 FREE since that game really pushes my whole system for the entire duration of playing.

No issues with the cards at stock clocks, these drivers - 12.6 beta, 12.6 CAPS1 and the rest of my system as profiled. Played for 4 hours straight, CFX fully working, and using SMAA injection. I think my issue is related to another driver (Jmicron SATA controller) or HD paging.

Just wanted to clarify it is not an AMD issue.

18. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
  19. bodean

bodean Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    These drivers definitely mess up the fan on my ATI card.
    The fan will go at 100% and is so loud with these drivers, I had to take them off. Previous drivers never pushed the fan to 100% and so loud.

20. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Sounds like a CCC issue, not the drivers.

Check your powerplay settings.