AMD Catalyst 12.4 OpenCL 1.2 (8.960.0 March 15) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by gaul, Mar 22, 2012.

1. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    the tool is called d3d_antilag101.zip

i have not seen any change but only tried with bc2 (also tried the game's .ini render ahead setting), the best input lag reduction is to cap to 60 (refresh, or 59) with bandicam while vsync is on

i dont get why anyone made an issue of the 'slow' CCC startup in 12.2, it was a literal 5 minute delay for CLIstart.exe to do anything (meaning, windows startup desktop is faster), but i could still start CCC when using the shortcut before that 5min.... so nothing was different, same exact first run time & ram usage

i dont see any cmd windows pop up, only CCC's window pops up as black for a short moment while it's preloading itself (that's how CCC.exe works, watch the ram usage on a fresh boot & notice the window appear & close when it's loaded)

2. djvelho

djvelho Member

GPU:
    Club Radeon R9 270x 2gb
    is this fix saints row 3 laggynes?
    have anyone try┬┤d?

3. max007007

max007007 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Tri-Xfire
    Hi everyone, I am encountering problem using this set of drivers.
    I have 3 7970 running in Tri-Xfire with eyefinity on 3 24" LCD.
    When using only 1 screen, Tri-Xfire is active
    However, when eyefinity enabledfor 3 screens, 2 of the gpu are idling in games like mass effect 3, furmark & Unigine Heaven even thought Xfire is shown enabled in CCC.
    Is there a solution for this?
    Thought of changing to gtx680 if there is still not fix.

4. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    ye found it, not pleased with the results, i think this is due to the extra directX dll.file u need to put into the game folder, normally the flip size queue is adjustable with tools(registry tweak?)
    thing is i dont like to install any tools extra for this..
    i had ATT but not anymore

so right now the only thing i can try is maybe radeonPro?, another tool..
    arent there any other tools or solutions?(question to everyone)

5. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    no, having an extra file is BETTER since you know it's hooking into the dx path the game is sending out to the driver, it's just like the FXAA injector tools

i dont trust reg tweaks, a lot of times require they could restart when the driver is caching lots of settings into ram (like CAPs)

i need to know which game actually shows an effect with flip queue so i can actually test the tool+radeonpro+game engine (like bc2, but bc2 showed no change)

6. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    so i read ATT n RadeonPro are basically dead, this means i wont consider this options any longer.
    always had troubles with ATT after new ati drivers..

i installed pes2010(football game played with gamepad) and slowed down the game with kitserver as usual, so i need that extra response boost to get it right in balance response - game speed.
    i remember using flip queue size "1" in ATT back then with good response, better than 2 and 0

but when i use d3d antilag with 1 its kinda stuttery and lagy(not related to fps, theyre fixed at 60, i use vsync)
    when i use 0 its better but not as good as without it, and i dont like to use 2
    -

so basically im arsed now, i can try load some old unsupported tools to get it right again, or play without any solution at all(default value shud be 3 right? but i can remember the last value used in ATT, maybe its still in the registry after deinstall)

why cant they just pack this option into the fuc#in CCC, like nvidia is doing..
    noobs

7. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    games can control the value themselves, there doesnt necessarily need to be a default

so what's this kitserver about, do you have the same control lag/stutters with the unmodded game when playing with flip queue values?

8. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    i just found out that d3d antilag is conflicting with vsync(ingame option), taking a corner kick moving the view on the crowd is tearing/ghosting whatever(not expert).

disable vsync ingame and force with d3d overrider is even worse, tearing the whole match
    same if i force it through catalyst

kitserver is a mod tool with a speeder.dll specially made for the game, it just slows the game down and has no effect at all, it runs great with no tearing dont using d3dantilag, just response suck

now i cant tell why response is better using d3d antilag, due to flip size 1 or cause it shakes round with vsync(strange, during match is fine but on corners is tearing lol)

edit
    might be a noob question,
    using fps limiter setting to 60 like refresh rate of screen and disabling vsync wont fix tearing right?

edit2
    those tearing seems to be related to the view n picture, on training pitch no tearing, maybe its my screen overdrive mode reacting different in diff. situations, got a benq full LED with this VA panel..

anyways since there is no tearing during the match whatsoever and response is fine on setting "1" queue i think its DONE :infinity:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  9. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    Any words on the offcial 12.4 driver? :)

10. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    I haven't seen anything. I've never been so excited for a driver release...

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Officials are probably tomorrow, as they are normally released on a Wed, and they only have a few days left of this month to get them out.