AMD Catalyst 12.4 (8.961 April 5) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kyz, Apr 25, 2012.

1. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    LoL, probably, yes.

2. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I totally agree. CF/SLI is still in diapers.
    But problems are seen in single card setups too.
    I'm not complaining for the problems I get having CF, but I do find that SLI has way better feedback than CF and way less problems are reported in comparison.
    One way or the other, probles exist and being products that are sold and promoted by the company, they should, at least, work ^^

3. Sharoth

Sharoth Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2080 OC
    Ditto. I have never used driver cleaner with any AMD Drivers, as they seem to work just peachy installing over the top, or uninstall and install if it's an older driver. I think you are right about people breaking their own s**t. I've never had any of these issues with AMD drivers. :cheers:

4. Babel-17

Babel-17 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    With these drivers I keep losing my HDMI audio.

I have HDMI cables running from 6870 and 5770 (two PC's) to my Sony XBR6 and even just switching off the monitor causes the audio to get disabled.

I'd disabled my onboard audio and for a while I thought I had fixed my issue of the audio disabling from reboots and whatnot but then I tried switching off my monitor and that was enough to do the trick.

5. pcgamers

pcgamers Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Me too, I just uninstall and install these drivers since HD 5850 times and no problem so far. I can't remember when was the last time I install the OS and I only use MSI AB alone for overclocking. Most of the latest games are so smooth with either 12.3 WHQL, 12.4 WHQL, or 12.x (8.97) on single hd7970.

To me AMD is doing their best already to support us and maybe they just need to have more varies system for driver testing before the release, I hope others who had those problems with AMD drivers by all means able to solve their problems eventually. good luck ;)

6. morpheus9394

morpheus9394 Member

GPU:
    2x 6950 1GB
    I am still testing these drivers but they seem a bit flaky to me.
    My CPU is normal SUPER stable but I my first hard hang in a couple of years while playing Driver San Fran, which occurred just after I installed these drivers.
    I am running two 6950 in crossfire mode.
    Before installing any new driver I always uninstall any application profiles in control panel and then uninstall the video driver using the AMD uninstaller in express mode, then reboot before installing the new driver, cap and then reboot again, and I never get any issues.
    Anyway, after the hard crash I played some other games, Saints Row 3 and Ridge Racer Unbound and had no further crashes, though I did some some graphic corruption in RRU.
    I also noticed some weird minor corruption in some flash games my son was playing but not sure if it is a coincident or not.
    Not getting any performance improvements from these drivers so if the issues continue I will have to go back to 12.3 driver.
    Oh yeah running the 12.4 with 12.3 cap1 and I am not overclocking my GPUs.

7. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    I've used both, and notice nothing different between the two. Either or will be fine.

I just use the 12.5 beta's since they have the newer date.

8. ticcatch

ticcatch Member

GPU:
    4550 5450 7900gs etc
    think i missed it, but are there any mobility drivers full download?

9. rflair

rflair Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    If you have nothing useful to add to this thread then do not troll it.

If you are a user who never helps anyone but is just a whiner and a complainer who offers up nothing more then, 'this driver is crap' or 'I'm going nVidia' and never do and just regurgitate the same thing over and over again with no real out look then do not troll.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    These are also the mobility drivers :)

11. masterchan777

masterchan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC
    I like how the Catalyst team introduces new bugs along reintroducing old ones with every release of their drivers, that's bright software engineering at its finest, and they keep redoing that over and over and over and over and over ... and over again ...

12. shankly1985

shankly1985 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Just download Unigine 3d 11 verision 3.0 and when I try to run it, I get error Can't set video mode? using 12.4 drivers.
    Anyone understand this? it then runs in window mode
    Edit
    Fixed its something to do with MSi Afterburner I closed this and now it works strange.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  13. link626

link626 Member

GPU:
    amd 6650m, nvda gtx660m

haha. I'm almost getting tired ragging on them for all these bugs.

14. Valagard

Valagard Guest

link626 and masterchan obviously missed rflairs post on page six about trolling, or not posting anything useful

EDIT: Actually reading over masterchan's history he has a repeated bitching syndrome over AMD, and looking at further posts, praises the heck out of Nvidia all the time.

Yeah, obvious troll, reporting this clown

EDIT2: Reading far far more of masterchan's posts. The guy doesn't even own a AMD anymore, he owns a GTX 580 and now a GTX 680. Just Why the frick is he even in this section? Even looking back through further posts like the upcoming 7970 release, all I see is it full of bashing "Don't buy AMD, their hardware sucks" "Never getting another AMD again" "Nothing but problems with the red team"

How come he's not been banned from AMD section yet given his history?

http://i.imgur.com/wvlAD.jpg

Like look at this, come on already

And if you CLEARLY don't think he's a troll, I think his comment of "Suck it reds, green FTW ... ha ha ha" should warrant a forum wide ban in my view, just not the AMD section

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  15. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Good catch, hope the mods ban him permanently.

And people, stay on the lookout for trolls, if you see one, report him immediately, the AMD sections are painful to browse with all the trolling going around.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

16. rflair

rflair Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I am paying attention and I go through the users history. There are a handful who can't seem to help themselves.

To the helpful users thank you.

Let get things back on topic.

17. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    so if anyone's hex editing their dlls, i wonder why the list of profiles is in reverse order for the first time ever since this 8.96 branch first leaked

& even weirder is one of the dx10+ dlls has a handful of dx9 games in it

18. ankinferno

ankinferno Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    hmmm Went through some Testings. .

Final Result. . Driver 12.4 WHQL is Stable. . and benifit is . . Low Spikes in FPS count. .

But Performance is lower than Driver Beta 12.5 i.e Ver 8.97 . .

8.97 is having a lot of Spikes in FPS Count. . But the Tops are Really good. .
    and overall Performance is also Higher

Soo...

Uninstalling 12.4 WHQL and Switching back to ver 8.97 . .

19. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I find that too, 12.3 and 12.5 8.97 both spike a lot higher, but they spike very low often as well, 12.4 my average framerate is highest its ever been since I got my 7970

20. Earmack

Earmack New Member

GPU:
    AMD /5970 / 2048
    Like this driver, skyrim work fine:banana: